More Info About Mega Man 9 Bosses

Posted by Darren Calvert

As great as our friend the Blue Bomber is, we all know it is the fiendish bosses which make a good Mega Man game. Mega Man 9 like previous games will not disappoint putting you up against such characters as Magma Man, Galaxy Man, Jewel Man, Concrete Man, Hornet Man, Plug Man, Tornado Man and Splash Woman !

Capcom have revealed more information about three of these bosses to IGN. Let’s take a look at some of the fiends you will be up against soon:

Concrete Man:
Created to construct a dam, Concrete Man has integral knowledge of the process and the tools to make it happen. He has stubborn personality and has been known to tell off any lazy robots. Stupid, lazy robots.

Untitled

Weapon: Concrete Shot
Creates a temporary foothold as soon as it touches the ground. It can also be used to stop enemies in their tracks.

Tornado Man:
Works for the Weather Manipulation Office to help control and stop the formation of large storms all over the world.

Untitled

Weapon: Tornado Blow
Launches a huge tornado that covers the entire game area. Heavy enemies will take damage, but lighter ones will be blown entirely off-screen.

Magma Man:
Magma Man serves as the safety control robot at a large geothermal power plant. He is able to work in incredibly hot environments and loves to visit hot spas.

Untitled

Weapon: Magma Bazooka
Shoots a cluster of fireballs that spread out after launching. It can also be charged by holding down the shot button.

If all this wasn't enough for you MyGamerCard has revealed the Xbox 360 achievements. Now you can see the bosses in retro Gameboy style glory:

Untitled

Seriously what kind of obsessive will learn to complete MM9 without losing a life or using an energy tank? Some of these achievements are just sadistic!

Source: IGN

Tabbyluigi

Tabbyluigi said:

This game just continues to look better and better, we have almost every bit of information we need and now all we need is it's first release date, this will be the best downloadable game ever!!!!!!!!!!

Bensei

Bensei said:

Sounds like those robots were used for peaceful meanings like the ones from MM1

Final_Starman

Final_Starman said:

Wow. This game continues to look more and more like a game I already own. Wait, wait… How could a robot visit hot spas? Wouldn't it short-circuit or something?

Terra

Terra said:

@BuzzDee
Problem is, knowing too much before launch can spoil the expierence for you. We keep getting more and more Mega Man 9 news and i think that much more could ruin the expierence. Maybe this is why Nintendo are so secretive about there games before they are released.

Outrunner

Outrunner said:

Yeah all the info that was given out prior to Brawl's release kind of spoiled the game for me. People tell just not to look ,but it's hard for me lol.

Terra

Terra said:

Same for me Outrunner but i'm getting better. It's also the same for when a film that you want to see gets released. It's so tempting to look, especially for The Dark Knight. I only did that once for a film, Spiderman 3. I looked at an article on Wikipedia about Harry in S3. I only looked at the very end of it but it said about his funeral and that was enough of a spoiler.

Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO said:

We know waaay to much. Like Outrunner said, Brawl was less appealing because you knew literally everything before the game came out.
All the need is a boss thats a Knightmare from Code Geass (of course do you copyright it will be TechnoKnight Man) :P

Bensei

Bensei said:

@Terranigma: Exactly that's the reason why Nintendo decided to announce games with a maximum of 2 Quartals before it's release, and why E³ 2008 from Nintendo was less interesting for Core Gamers (which has also something to do with the NEW E³)

Hey, I just read, Charge Beam confirmed :P

That_Guy_from_Faxana

That_Guy_from_Faxana said:

Cool designs overall, Magma Man looks as tough as he should, Tornado Man has a genuine j-design with a little bit of originality too.

I´ve done some "fake" designs on Jewel Man, Concrete Man and Splash Woman before real bosses are/ were revealed

"1. breaderer United States 12 Aug 2008, 15:04 GMT
concrete man? now we need cement man"

WORD! Cement Man would be the most unbeatable, unstopable boss ever! How could you defeat a boss that fires #&%¤ CEMENT on you?!

Terra

Terra said:

I was wondering why they are so secretive of their games. I mean, they do announce other games outside that rule but they're usually the big games like Brawl and Kart Wii

Tides_of_Chaos

Tides_of_Chaos said:

Does anybody else think Concrete Man looks too fat in his sprite rendition? Otherwise, this is awesome news. I can't wait for this game.

Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO said:

@Bensei
You're right actually.
In Magma Man's description, it says you can charge.
So much for the authentic Mega Man 1 experience :P

That_Guy_from_Faxana

That_Guy_from_Faxana said:

@Bahamut ZERO, Bensei

Heat Man´s weapon can be charged in Mega Man 2, the developers try to make a game designed to looke like a game between MM2 and MM3. I don´t mind chargeable specialweapons, but being able to charge the Mega Buster took away a lot of the challenge. Plus it sounded horrible.

Mike1

Mike1 said:

I wish this game would come out already! I can't wait to play it.

That_Guy_from_Faxana

That_Guy_from_Faxana said:

But still, Concrete Man does looks fat, like a remake of Guts Man. A smaller head and chest would be closer to the original design, but it´s still a fair sprite version.

Can´t wait to play this and see the rest of the bosses. Hope they kick my (Mega Mans) ass.

Objection

Objection said:

It always annoyed me that the bosses were named lame things like "Fire-man" or whatever but I guess thats part of the old-school charm now.

Tabbyluigi

Tabbyluigi said:

I wounder if Megamman 9 will come in at the Number 1 potistion like Strongbad has just became the most popular WiiWare game. All we can do is hope that it will do as well as Strongbad is doing and when is the Strongbad review gonna be up?

Cthuloops

Cthuloops said:

So that's Splash Woman then? Meh. But I'm seriously digging Galaxy Man's design right now.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

Here are my choices for robot masters.
Sweater man- fights Mega Man with mutli-colored yarn.

Honey Man- throws sticky pieces of toast at Mega Man.

Banana Man- ever see what Banana do in Mario Kart, same thing here

Bead Man- Mega Man can be deafeted by slippery beads

Who says you have to be japanese to think up this stuff