Mega Man 9 Soundtracks Coming To Japan

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Don't look now, but the Mega Man 9 news just keeps getting better and better. Now fans of the game's soundtrack are in luck, as not one but two Mega Man 9 soundtracks are coming out in Japan later this year courtesy of Inti Creates.

The first soundtrack, due out on September 12th, will feature the original soundtrack music taken directly from the game itself. This disc will feature a whopping 35 different music tracks from the game. The second soundtrack will hit Japanese retailers on October 10th and will feature a fully arranged version of the original Mega Man 9 soundtrack.

Both of these soundtracks have only been confirmed for a Japanese release, so Mega Man fans outside of Japan will have to pick them up from Play-Asia or some other import retailer.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Dang, I was really looking forward to the Soundtrack :P. Is Play-Asia usually very expensive, or can I expect something more reasonable?

Terra

Terra said:

Play-Asia isn't too bad. I usually go to them, Amazon or Ebay when i have to import stuff from Asia

dark_moogle

dark_moogle said:

Sigh, why is it that all video game soundtracks are doomed to shelf life in Japan only?

Rockman_90

Rockman_90 said:

My birthday is coming up now and so i will get this. (In another case i will also picked this soundtrack cd up). Rockman rocks

Atlantis1982

Atlantis1982 said:

>.> Once again, FAIL! Is it really that hard to bring it to the other regions? Really? It wasn't hard for the Bionic Commando Rearmed (Good OST by the way) to be on internet stores like iTunes; just do the same with these two soundtracks. They know we'll buy them (>.> You! Don't go near that pirate site!).

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

Very cool! I also enjoyed the remixed Mega Man tunes in the anthology. So I bet this will be good too

Atlantis1982

Atlantis1982 said:

Well of course if it hits iTunes it'll be only on the Japanese store which is a complete FAIL on Capcom's part.

Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO said:

With all this promo and nostalgia it's hard to forget the actual games 10 bucks :P

I probably won't buy it though, the only video gamesoundtrack I would buy is Super Mario Galaxy and a Final Fantasy game.

Bensei

Bensei said:

@Mickeymac: Mario and Zelda Big band Live costs 50€ at amazon, while it only costs 20$ at play-asia (excluding shipping costs, which aren't too expensive either if you don't order something heavy)

Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO said:

I've never ordered off Play-Asia, is it safe and reliable? I usually stick to Amazon and Ebay.

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

PlayAsia are cool, don't worry. If you want stuff sending from Hong Kong, its the place to visit! :-p

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Play-Asia is the best import retailer I've ever done business with. They can get things from Hong Kong to me here in Texas in under 48 hours. Gotta love that! :P

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Hong-Kong? Alright, I know I can trust that place. Okay, I'll try to remember to order it, thanks.

Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO said:

Thanks Dazza (and double thanks to Corbie for getting someone in the U.S to confirm that). The only thing I've ever ordered from the other side of the globe is Pokemon manga (I'm a Pokemon fanboy, who thank God dosn't own ranch :P ). Everything seems so expensive there though. I guess I'm gonna have to fork over 40 bucks for the galaxy soundtrack.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

You know, I just realized Play-Asia is the only sponser of this site. I guess they won't be hard to find :P

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

I really want a soundtrack to the game, "pOp". I'm almost tempted to plugging in my media player to record them directly off my Wii via the audio output.