Wild West Guns Coming To Europe This Friday

Posted by Darren Calvert

European gamers will have something to look forward to this coming Friday as GameLoft’s lightgun-like shooter Wild West Guns is up on WiiWare. This isn’t just an idle internet rumour. We have it on good authority that this will indeed be out on Friday for 1000 Wii points.

We still don’t know a whole lot about the game other than it has a wild west setting (duh!), it plays like a old lightgun game, supports two players and has a co-op and versus mode. GameLoft’s track record on WiiWare so far has been pretty good so we are quite expectant of this game. The game concept can easily work with the Wii Remote’s motion tracking as there was a minigame along these lines on Wario Ware: Smooth Moves and it worked really well.

Don't forget that XGen have confirmed that Defend Your Castle will also be coming out in Europe this Friday.

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

Looks good, we'll let them Europeans try it out and tell us what they think. :P

thewiirocks

thewiirocks said:

I'm actually excited about this game. My Zapper doesn't have nearly enough titles for it. Link's Crossbow Training and Ghost Squad are both great, but they do eventually get old. Hopefully we'll get this in the states next Monday.

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

it looks like it plays like link crossbow and i love that game got plantuim medals on all levels. i will definitly keep this on mind. nintendo should do a mario kind of game or a metriod would suit best.

megacody

megacody said:

This looks fun. Europeans are so lucky, even if it's bad, it's better than Pong Toss.

Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO said:

Why is it that Europe always seems to get titles on WW/VC (and Mario Kart) that I ACTUALLY want first.

I don't see it being worth 1000 though. WiiWare is FAR to overpriced (Major Leuge Eating, Dr. Mario, Pokemon Ranch, Star Soldier R, etc.)

Also, when are the WWW forums gonna be up?

Peznaze

Peznaze said:

So long as the versus mode includes a quick-draw shoot-out, it'll be worth it.

battledevil789

battledevil789 said:

am hopeing we get twist and paint instead of this monday because i dont think we will get both because we only get 1 a week and this doesnt look to have alot of replay value

Objection

Objection said:

I hope we get this and Strongbad on monday. I think this will be fairly good. Good for you, Europe!

WarioFan63

WarioFan63 said:

Hmmm heres my guess for August WiiWare in US now

8/4-Platcchen
8/11-Helix
8/18-Wild West Guns
8/25-Strong Bad

Looks like a pretty sweet month, although Im sure 85% of The Internet disagrees...

Naturestee

Naturestee said:

I hope NA gets this soon! I'm all for cheap light gun games. Especially those with cheasy, stereotypical themes. cough

But seriously, I want this even with how little I know about it.

HOT-ROD

HOT-ROD said:

This could be good if it is long. I could see this game being like 5 levels, and thats it.

Vortex99

Vortex99 said:

The Limit is 2 releases in one day, so now that the developers have announced them, here are the games released in Europe this Friday:

Defend Your Castle (XGen Studios) - 500 points
Wild West Guns (Gameloft) - 1000 points

Terra

Terra said:

Excellent. I've wanted this game since we first got information on it. I Have other Zapper games, such as Crossbow Training, Ghost Squad and Medal of Honor Heroes 2, so i'll be getting this for sure. Also, can you tell us who your good authority was?

@Mr.Game and Watch
Yeah, but if they did that, it would be something rubbish though, wouldn't it?

Raptor78

Raptor78 said:

I am looking forward to this so much. Links crossbow is alright albiet a tad shallow and I love having my old Arcade shooters (House of the Dead 2&3 and Ghost Squad) But there isnt any suprises there as I played them into overkill first time round in the arcades and then on the dreamcast (house of the dead 2). Im excited about this because wiiware will have been the first opportunity to have played this arcade style lightgun game and a snip at a tenner. And I thought I was getting a bargain paying £15 for an arcade classic.

Bensei

Bensei said:

Whoa! I didn't expect seeing this that soon! Also, I thought DYC would be the only title we get this Friday :P Maybe I'll buy it to support my Wii Zapper if it's not an utter fail

@xSuperMariox: Thanks for clearing that! ;)

That_Guy_from_Faxana

That_Guy_from_Faxana said:

I expect Wild West Guns to be pretty bad. A static lightgun game with graphics that remind me of do-it-yourself program Klick and Play. Don´t look very promising, can I please have a VC game instead? No? Okay.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

I am looking forward to the review on this. Since the VC does not have zapper games like Wild gunman, this may be a good replacement

Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO said:

Too bad the Zapper sucks.

It has a spongy trigger, and is WAAAAAAYYY to big. I should have got the Nyko Perfect SHot....,.

Gavin_Rozee

Gavin_Rozee said:

Yay! Two games I want in one update.

NoE must be feeling sad that they have to wait at least another two weeks to punish us unnecessarily with shovelware toss.

Wild West Guns is on the UK Nintendo Channel, it has a trailer (which wouldn't play) and a release date of 01/70 LOL.

That reminds me, it's my girlfriends birthday on the 74th.

Raptor78

Raptor78 said:

@Slambert215

its a real shame that you cant get your Nintendo channel to work because its pretty good at keeping up to date with wiiware trailers especially... oh and the DS playable demos are a nice bonus too.

TokiToku

TokiToku said:

i think the list for this month in North America will be like this.

8/4 Plattchen and Strongbad
8/11 Helix and Wild West Guns
8/18 ???
8/25 ???

danik

danik said:

1000 points im not sure i will get this. will have to wait for the review i think. hope its good anyway

Gavin_Rozee

Gavin_Rozee said:

I'm not complaining or anything, but, can I ask why the post is tagged as a rumour? When you say "Good authority", are you referring to Gameloft?

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

Lets just say we have our sources, but at the moment this is really only a rumour. Gameloft haven't officially made a statement, nor have NoE.

Sorry to be so cryptic, but you'll know on Friday if our trusted source is correct or not.

Gavin_Rozee

Gavin_Rozee said:

Okay, cool. Do you trust them enough, that, if it turns out they were wrong, you'll buy me a bacon double cheese meal from Burger King?

RGVEDA

RGVEDA said:

Helix could be the third WiiWare Game at Friday!! It says so in the Release List from the German Nintendo Channel!

Gavin_Rozee

Gavin_Rozee said:

Potential for three games at once!? NoE are clearly being held hostage by gamers disappointed with our WiiWare/VC release schedule.

EDIT: I looked on the Nintendo Channel, and it says Helix is released on July 30th, which is today. It's not on the Shop Channel. Dumb NoE.

Pleeeease don't let Helix replace DYC/WWG.

thewiirocks

thewiirocks said:

@Vortex99 - 2 titles at a time is more like a guideline than a rule. Nintendo has regularly gone up and down with their numbers. Some weeks we have almost a half-dozen WiiWare and VC titles to choose from!

@Bahamut ZERO - I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you've never actually tried the Wii Zapper. Despite IGN's complaints, the Zapper does work pretty well in real life. The remote's speaker and rumble provide more than enough feedback to compensate for any trigger issues. (Which are highly overrated anyway.)

Besides, if you like the Perfect Shot so much (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) why don't you buy it rather than complaining about the Zapper? It's not like games are only compatible with one or the other.

Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO said:

I have a Zapper. If you press the trigger rapidly, you CAN tell. The Wiimote alone is better. I'm just upset I wasted 25 bucks :(

PHANTOM93

PHANTOM93 said:

@ slambert215

I know what you mean, I'll just be out on the internet when all of a sudden BAM "Network not available please contact your system administrator" only to have it instantly say "you have a working network connection" sooo annoying.

I have a stupid question: Why is Europe (supposedly) getting a game about the AMERICAN Wild West before us! :-P

Mr_Game_and_Watch

Mr_Game_and_Watch said:

Helix on the Nintendo Channel....
It says on sale which means it probably another 2 weeks knowing the Nintendo Channel.Remember when they put up DYC as 11/07/08 released.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

This means still no Gyrostarr for us Eurolanders... the wait is killing me softly. :(

thewiirocks

thewiirocks said:

@Bahamut ZERO - If you already have a Perfect Shot, then why do you complain that you should have got one? And that still doesn't answer why you're spending your time complaining about the Zapper (which apparently you're part of the minority that dislikes it) rather than being excited about a game that lets you use your Perfect Shot.

All you're communicating is that you want to complain.

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

I wonder when Ninty are going to shovel all the Family Table Tennis and Critter Round Up crap on us in Europe. It seems strange that they haven't released them already.
Maybe they're just saving all of the rubbish up and unleashing it on us all at once.

Objection

Objection said:

My ideal release for N.A. ;)
This Monday: this or Strongbad
Next Monday: the other one ^
3rd Monday: PLATTCHEN or Helix
4th monday: the other one ^

sadpanda212

sadpanda212 said:

The game looks great but I'll believe it when I see it, The Devs promised us Pirates about 6 weeks before we got it. Ninty could well change its mind and give us MLE or Blackjack instead

i8cookie

i8cookie said:

wicked, bout time they made a shooter like this for the wii. reminds me of that old playstation arcade shooter game, can't remember what it was called, it was just loads of shooty mini games...