Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures - WiiWare Bound?

Posted by Damien McFerran

Cracking news, Gromit! Everyone’s favourite plastcine duo are to star in a series of adventures thanks to those kind chaps at Telltale games, and although we’re probably getting ahead of ourselves here, it’s highly likely that the platform for these episodic escapades is going to be WiiWare.

Called Wallace and Gromit’s Grand Adventures, the series should follow the same format as Telltale’s Sam and Max titles, with each episode giving a few hours’ worth of gameplay. Whilst it is likely that this series of games will come to WiiWare, Emily Morganti, the marketing coordinator over at Telltale Games has said this is still undecided. Lets hope the Wii's storage problem doesn't become a problem as it did for Hothead's Penny Arcade.

Be sure to check out the official site for screens, concept artwork and a teaser trailer.

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

This is good news. I've always liked Wallace and Gromit.
And I'm glad more of these episode-type games are being announced. Since I'm not too interested in Strong Bad.

Terra

Terra said:

Wallace and Gromit are brilliant. I love the films and can't wait for this game or the next film. I like Telltale's episodic games as i will get sam & Max season 1 on Wii and will be getting SBCG4AP and, if it comes out on WiiWare, this.

Objection

Objection said:

I have a question to anyone who can answer. For telltale (and others) 's games that are broken into episodes, will each episode take up a channel or will they all be one channel (One game) that you access the different episodes from? I'd prefer the latter

fco

fco said:

At least with Strong Bad, it'll be one channel per episode.

Phantom5800

Phantom5800 said:

Interesting, but I would rather buy a compilation disc like for Sam and Max. Still looking forward to Strong Bad though, damn I want it :(

MrPoo6321

MrPoo6321 said:

I love Wallace and Gromit.... they're hilarious. I'm always skeptical whenever they take something and turn it into a video game though, like a movie, cartoon or comic book.

Tides_of_Chaos

Tides_of_Chaos said:

I would definitely be interested in this coming to Wii in some way, shape or form. Wallace & Gromit FTW!

Peznaze

Peznaze said:

Not a sure thing, but it's quite likely... Just don't count your cheese before it's properly sliced! :P

If it comes along for WiiWare, instant purchase for me.

David77

David77 said:

I hope it's coming. But not from telltale. Beside that, I lost hope. Wiiware is going to be remember as the place where you get the ugliest and less fun games ever. To date, wiiware is a real mess. Don't give me Toki Tori or Lostwinds as exemple of good games. They are alone after weeks of release. And I fear the worst is coming.

Draygone

Draygone said:

I dunno. If those are actual in-game images, I'll be somewhat surprised if it manages to land on WiiWare. Those graphics look like they'd take up a lot of memory (how many polygons can you spot?). However, the game does sound like an awesome idea.

Comment to earlier worry: does it really matter whether episodic content takes up more than one channel or not? It's not like the Wii has enough memory to fill all the channel spaces, anyway. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if all episodes would take up the majority of the memory allowed to begin with.

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

I've seen a few W&G shorts and loved them, so I'm curious about this one. Hopefully it'll be good, and able to fit Wiiware's size limitations.