Space Invaders Get Even - It's Payback Time!

Posted by Corbie Dillard

It seems that after three long decades of being picked on by arcade gamers, the Space Invaders have finally had enough. Now they're fighting back and you get to take control of the invaders themselves this time around.

Taito has recently announced their upcoming WiiWare title Space Invaders Get Even to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Space Invaders. It's hard to believe it's been that long since the game first hit arcades back in 1978. Some of us are getting old. :P

Taito's Japanese Space Invaders Get Even site has now gone live, but still has quite a few sections that will be added at a later time. Until then, you can check out the official game play video below to get a taste of what this upcoming shoot 'em up will be like when it hits the WiiWare service.

We'll have more on the game as information becomes available.

Objection

Objection said:

This looks very cool. I'm hoping for a Fall release, but who knows. I saw the numbers "30" and "100" in the trailer next to the Alien Scribbles (JK). Anyone know what those numbers refer to?

Roboto

Roboto said:

mmm the 30th aniversary maybe

100 wii points!!!! hehehe dont tink so

Kawaiipikachu

Kawaiipikachu said:

While the heavily compresed video :( doesn't show much but im going to find out more of this game in the future .

Foamyfan231

Foamyfan231 said:

I like this, I rather would have settle for Space Invaders Extreme but this looks interesting. I hope its good. This looks promising

Chipmunk777

Chipmunk777 said:

Haha this looks so awesome! I imagine the nunchuk+wiimote controls will be quite intuitive.

And, I imagine the 100 seen in the video would be something like "over 100 levels of play." I speak no japanese, so this is merely speculation on my part :P

i_am_error

i_am_error said:

Neat. Space Invaders Extreme is so good... now, reversing the role is quite appealing.

Big_Sexy

Big_Sexy said:

I was never a big fan of Space Invaders (spoiled too much by Galaga) but this looks really fun. Reminds me of Elements of Destruction on XBLA - the whole purpose being destroying everything in sight. Very cool. Hopefully this will be better than that.

Loving the comic text effect, even if it seems to say "DOOOOOOM!" instead of "BOOOOOM!" in the above video. (top of the screen is cut off)

madmat1969

madmat1969 said:

looks like a good wiiware game. will buy it if I can create more room on my wii. MadDogPro rules online

Negative_Zero

Negative_Zero said:

I want this game NOW!
Iv been a fan of the original game and this spin-off is the best thing ever.

Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO said:

Too bad I have only 18 blocks left..........

No Gradius, Mega Man, AND Space Invaders.

Man I'm gonna start deleting stuff.

Bye Dr. Mario and Captain Falcon :)

lockelocke

lockelocke said:

Good ol Taito is back with another one. I love the the way they flipped the script, I'm on the wagon for sure.

ZueriHB

ZueriHB said:

This game is fun, and for me not that easy.
Also it takes up a lot of space (about 666 blocks with DLC).