See Mega Man 9 In Action

Posted by Damien McFerran

If you’re getting all hot and bothered about Capcom’s forthcoming retro-fest Mega Man 9 then this short video (below) should send you into seventh heaven.

The visuals look great, it’s like 1987 all over again, the gameplay looks tight and the music is beyond awesome. It goes without saying that this is one of the titles we're looking forward too most here at WiiWare World.

Mega Man 9 is due for release in Japan in September, with the Western version presumably coming out at the end of this year or the start of the next. We personally can't wait.

That_Guy_from_Faxana

That_Guy_from_Faxana said:

Looks and sounds very promising! I like the tune on the cloud level (Tornadoman?) the other one sounds more like Mega Man 4 but okay. I´m so buying this game!

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

It's like being in a time warp back to 1987. Looks and sounds just like the 8-bit NES titles. I'm game. I loved the NES Mega Man titles.

Link79

Link79 said:

Looks great! The music is quite catchy. Some of the more recent Mega man games make it seem like they weren't even trying anymore.
The stages and music were rather boring and it was as if Capcom was just going through the motions and didn't care anymore. If this new game has the same care put into it as Mega man 2 then It will be a hit for sure. I'm still amazed and quite pleased at how Capcom decided to go for the 8-bit style. It's really sad how most kids today think games are only good with flashy high def graphics. Well kiddies, Enjoy your X-box's and PS3's. I'm gonna party like it's 1987.

alxtlvra

alxtlvra said:

^^^^^^^^ I totally agree !

Just look at my avatar =)

We might sound like Cranky Kong but its absolutely true and sad how most kids and even developers (Microsoft) today think games are only good with high def graphics.

WindOnFire

WindOnFire said:

@ all ^- yeah well dont blame us, its the way we were brought up. We were brought up in the days of hi def and good graphics, so its only natural that we dont like games with 8-bit graphics. Still, for all you oldies out there, enjoy :p

Link79

Link79 said:

Oldies? Why you little whipper snapper. Back in my day... Err nevermind I am starting to sound like cranky Kong.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

I wonder if this game will require the amount of space a NES game requires. If so, Double bonus!

Jockolantern

Jockolantern said:

Seventh heaven doesn't even begin to describe those precious twenty seconds. Mega Man 9 looks, sounds, and seemingly plays precisely like the original games. I like the cool new spinny platform too; looks like they've added some new twists to the old formula whilst keeping the tone of the overall platforming and enemies very in tune with the first six games.

This has all the potential to be the greatest WiiWare release of the year... not to mention one of the best releases exclusively on the Wii out of the entire year.

I'm growing more excited to play this by the second.

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

it is good will get this no matter what. by the way do we have a comfirmed release for canadains and americans?

MrPoo6321

MrPoo6321 said:

Hells to the yeah! I can't wait for this.... how long do you think it'll be until they release it? I hope it's not all the way until November.... I'd rather see it at the end of the month... unless they're still developing it.

ChocoDK

ChocoDK said:

This game looks really good and I think I will use my Wii Ware points that are sleeping on my Wii for this game.

classicmike

classicmike said:

This looks just awsome, I am gonna get this came the first day it comes out. I have always been fan of the classic mega man games for the NES because they are the most interesting and funniest mega man games in my opinion. I just can't wait for it, release it soon!

Draygone

Draygone said:

Right down to the sprite-mirroring. (Note how his blaster changes hands when he's facing the opposite direction.)

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

That's it!? Well, I'm impressed with what I saw at least. Hopefully since it's NES- Style it'll be cheap and take up little space.

SupermarketZombies

SupermarketZombies said:

Megaman rules : )

Sure would love a new Megaman Legends though...thats one of the few Megaman series they didn't do 6+ games for.

get2sammybAdmin

get2sammyb said:

I don't understand. I "get" the retro appeal but wouldn't it be better if they were building a new HD (well as far as the Wii can go) 2D Mega Man game?

The_Indigo_Effect

The_Indigo_Effect said:

Looks pretty good for an 8-bit game, but graphically speaking, I think Little Samson still has it beat. The music is catchy, but it doesn't even compare to Mega Man 2. I would have preferred a Mega Man game that accurately represents Keiji Inafune's anime-style artwork, but since everyone is begging to have their nostalgia serviced, I guess I'm out of luck. At any rate, a new Mega Man game is being released, and I'm excited about that. I'm not another one of these "kids" everyone keeps mentioning that only appreciates cutting edge graphics. I'm 26-years old, and I have a massive collection of NES games; if I didn't like NES games... well, you get the idea. At the same time, I'd like to see the Wii's hardware be used to its full potential, and Mega Man 9 falls well below the mark. Apparently, the 8-bit aesthetic was a conscious design choice, and I just need to appreciate it for what it is. However, I can't help but wonder what a Mega Man game with Wind Waker-esque graphics would have been like. Ultimately, Mega Man 9 will succeed or fail based on its gameplay, and I'm hoping that it doesn't disappoint.

whalleywhat

whalleywhat said:

Get off my lawn, darn kids!
It's nice that it looks 8 bit without the actual limitations of the NES, ie no screen-flicker, slowdown, etc... Man, if Capcom releases some more footage of this every week, I'll be too stoked to notice how crappy the VC/WW releases are.

Tides_of_Chaos

Tides_of_Chaos said:

Man, I can't wait for this and I'm still in love with the graphical design choice. Even the music is sounding like the classics!

aceattorney

aceattorney said:

I'm hoping it is released a bit sooner than it was estimated in North America. At least it looks very promising.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Wow! I felt like I was going back in time as I was whating that video, only I fell into an alternate universe where all the Mega Man games were made for the NES so the wouldn't suck.

There sure are a lot of Phenix Wright fans, here, though only one of them has the coolest name. And the award goes to(drumroll) OBJECTION_BLASTER!!!

Objection

Objection said:

@Mickeymac Awesome I win a contest i didn't even enter! (I lose all the ones I do, so...) But I can't help that Ace Attorney rocks so hard that i had to replay the trilogy 4 times and go through AJ:AA twice so far. they're just that good. And this is related because PW:AA is made by CAPCOM!!

cecesigue

cecesigue said:

hey maybe the video is telling that there is two different releases in 2008 and 2009 so maybe we will get it in 08 and other contries in 2009?

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Yah, Capcom can do pretty great can't they? The only little problem is they have a tendency to essential just rerelease the same game over and over again and call it a "sequel". If it was pretty good the first time, it's probably pretty good this time, though that only goes so far. In this case, this "sequel" will still be pretty good, I can guarantee it.

@Objection_Blaster

Actually, I find that a little suprising, as I could never really find the appeal of the game. I did, however, find Harvey Birdman(also Capcom) very enjoyable, though I think that's because there was humor attatched to everything, adding incentive to keep on playing. I'd heard that PW was way better than HB, but all I saw was Harvey Birdman without the humor. Oh well, different people different tastes.