More Mega Man 9 WiiWare News In The Latest Famitsu

Posted by Marcel van Duyn

Some people were still a bit unsure about Mega Man 9's existence, despite having seen the Nintendo Power having screenshots. If you were one of those people who still had doubt, you can drop it all now - The latest issue of Japanese magazine Famitsu features a section about Mega Man 9 as well.

The game's Japanese title appears to be Rockman 9: Revival of the Wild Ambition (Every Mega Man game has a subtitle in Japan). There also seems to be a black and gray Mega Man, who seems to play a large role in the game, if the picture of him is anything to go by.

That's really all the new info about the game. It should also be noted that Capcom confirmed a few days ago that the game would be WiiWare exclusive, it will not be heading to PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade (At least for now!).

Have a look at the scan and let us know what you think:

Untitled

Source: NeoGAF

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

ill just zoom in the scan which is what i can do with my wiimote lol. kool levels im seeing but nothing less this is a definite download for me

Cowlauncher

Cowlauncher said:

Gotta love Famitsu! The Nintendo Power article was very informative and I am really looking forward to this!

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Is this why America and Japan haven't yet got the 8-bit Megaman games?

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

I wonder what the price will be for this game? I am guessing 800 points and I think it will be out before X-mas

dark_moogle

dark_moogle said:

@Tony - Capcom have said they are treating this like a NES game with 8-bit graphics and sound, so the best we can do is hope they are also sticking to the NES game price point on the Wii.

Big_Sexy

Big_Sexy said:

Hey, if we're going to pray for a 500 point price, we might as well hope for other things too - like co-op.

Wouldn't that be neat if that's what the black Megaman was? Too bad Capcom would never do it.

I have to admit, the more they show the more excited I get. But I'm still afraid they'll take out stuff (like charge shots and sliding - why haven't we seen any screenshots of that?) for a more retro experience. What's with that nice looking dragon? Looks almost too good to be a traditional style sprite.

thewiirocks

thewiirocks said:

I don't know if it means anything, but those are the exact same screenshots as Nintendo Power carried.

Objection

Objection said:

@Big You're complaining it looks too good? Don't underestimate how good some bosses looked like back in the day.

Jupiter_Adept

Jupiter_Adept said:

I hope it's really cheap, I haven't ever played a Megaman game yet, and I don't want to waste too much monies.

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

@Bass X0

Maybe, but I think that's because we and Japan got Mega Man Anniversary and X Collections, and Europe didn't. Or did they?

Tides_of_Chaos

Tides_of_Chaos said:

I thought in the NP article, it was already confirmed that there were Megaman clones who would attack you.....or did I imagine that? (i'm serious....did I imagine that? I can't find it anymore.....now I'm scared...)

TheBaconator

TheBaconator said:

There appears to be 2 megamans on the bottom of page two. I wonder if that means multiplayer.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Gahhh!!! There was info in the Nintendo Power?! My subscribtion for Nintendo Power ran out months ago without my notice(no warning for some reason) and I missed it. Can anyone tell me what it said? I didn't find out about this game(or at least I didn't find out it was real, anyways until today, so I know absolutely NOTHING about this game.

Big_Sexy

Big_Sexy said:

@Objection Blaster:
Now that the screenshots are up, I can see that the boss was not as nice looking as I initially thought.

Granted, there are 2 companies in my mind that always have super sexy sprites - SNK and Capcom. But in the Famitsu scan, the Dragon boss pictured looked like it had too many colors running at once, making it look kinda dithered or smoothed or something. I know this is Wiiware and all, but if they're looking to make it as authentically retro as possible, there's a color palette limit they'll have to stick to.