Mega Man 9 Screenshot Blowout

Posted by Marcel van Duyn

As the news of Mega Man 9 has now hit the streets, Capcom has seen fit to supply gaming sites with the same images they gave to the various magazines that reported on the game. While this means there aren't new screens, it does mean you can now view them at a larger size, and devoid of lighting problems due to whatever device people scanned the magazines with.

The screens have been added to the Mega Man 9 game page.

According to an interview GamesRadar had with the series producer, Keiji Inafune, the game will be very similar to Mega Man 2, not heavily featuring things such as charge shots, Rush, and sliding. However, they are not confirmed not to be in the game, so they can be expected, they just won't be very important. The game is also apparently harder than the hardest game in the original Mega Man series (If you ask us, that's 3), so you have some challenge to look forward to!

Source: GamesRadar

Bensei

Bensei said:

Mega Man 2 had harder bosses, but 3 was longer and had harder levels

Kreegs07

Kreegs07 said:

This look so awesome. I really hope they come out with a "retro" Mario game too! Tons of people would buy it.

Atlantis1982

Atlantis1982 said:

. Just why did they have to bring back ... those ... damn ridding....

DISAPPEARING BLOCKS BACK!!!

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

Given that I struggle with even of the easiest of Mega Man games all i'll say is...Difficulty options please (its not asking for much as recent Mega Man titles have these).

As for the screens...Capcom should have realsied JPEGs were a daft idea for something with less than 255 colours...

strade32

strade32 said:

crap. those mega man games can be really hard. i might have trouble with this. a lot of it.

Kreegs07

Kreegs07 said:

I hope you blow up into a million blue balls when you die like the other ones. Gosh that is so Depressing. Sometimes it makes you want to chuck the controller at the wall.

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

If you want despression I know some players who as kids thought the ending of Mega Man 2 with the helmet left in front of the flowers was an indication that Mega Man had died and the helmet was left to mark his grave :(

Capcom, we need ambiguous endings like that...

dr_mario

dr_mario said:

Like Kreegs07 said, hopefully they come out with retro sequels to the other games like Mario like how they are with mega man, and hopefully that new adventure island sequel does the same. I wonder if that is what they are doing with duck hunt too. I also hope they make a new retro Zelda like the first one for NES, same style bosses, hidden shops and areas that are impossible to find without bombing every section of the game and keep the exploration and path of the game like the first one how you can do parts of some dungeons before others as opposed to the SNES one where there is a set order where you have to follow.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Wow! It's going to be more challanging than Mega Man 3? I'm going to have to stop playing the Aniversery collection on Easy(which is NOT EASY ) before I even think about attempting this game. Also, weren't there Rush parts in Mega Man 2? I know there were in 6(or 7), that's why it was my favorite, so I hope there will be some in this one. I could do without the charge shot though, it actually made the game harder, as you had to waste time charging your buster, plus I think the enemies were made to take more damage, too, in order to compensate for the increased firepower.

Oh, and about other games going retro, that's a no-sale for me. I really like where many of those mentioned series are now. not to say that the old games were fun, it's just that I really wouldn't go for a game that's a step backwards, at least not one that goes as far ba as the NES. I did like the original Super Mario Bros., I already have it, and I see no reason to pay for the same thing twice on the same console. Plus I have New Super Mario Bros., which is now one of my favorite Mario games, and I probably wouldn't have liked it as much if it was exactly like the NES ones. I actually didn't like the NES Zeldas, and A Link to the Past was my favorite Zelda game. If they made one more like that I'd buy, a NES stilled one, no go! That isn't to say there aren't any games that would be better off going back to their roots(Sonic and Mega Man), others I feel are better off moving forward.

Adamant

Adamant said:

Rush was introduced in MM3, but MM2 had three devices (levitation platform, jet ski and wall lift) which served mostly the same purpose.

Objection

Objection said:

God, I can't get this if it is that hard. I will break my wiimote/wii/TV/wall/nearest human around.

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

stop bringing good news its killing me. lol jokes. can this game come anysooner i need good wiiware games

Mike1

Mike1 said:

Mega Man 3 was the easiest of all the classic Mega Man games. The hardest ones were Mega Man 1, 7, and 8.

KazMx

KazMx said:

Harder than the hardest, that's just amazing even the easiest feels hard

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Thanks Adament! Mike, you're probably right on 1 and 8(among the only ones I was never able to beat all of the robot masters on), though I still say 7 wasn't too bad, possibly my favorite, and that 3 was the hardest(the only one were I wasn't able to beat any of the robot masters, on EASY).

Junichi

Junichi said:

Sometimes I find it difficult to express feelings using words, so instead I am going to express my feelings regarding this game by using a barage of smilies:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :)

TKS144

TKS144 said:

Hopefully Nintendo will get the idea from this that a Super Mario Bros. 4 is necessary.

Tides_of_Chaos

Tides_of_Chaos said:

I've only played Mega Man 1 & 2 so far and I have to say that they are pretty dang hard even on easy. (although I have managed to beat all the standard robot masters in 1) Hopefully I'll have a lot of luck when I'm playing this game...

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@TKS144

There is a Super Mario Bros. 4. It's called New Super Mario Bros., or possibly Super Mario World, if you want to get technical.

@Tides of Chaos

You beat all the Robot Masters in Mega Man 1? I haven't even done that! Congratulations!

bosshog

bosshog said:

i never played the nes MM games im mainly a fan of X through X4 ..hopefully this will reveal the true storyline between the original megaman and megaman x.

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

Harder...than the hardest Mega Man game?

*gulp*

Maybe I should give the other Mega Mans a go before getting this. Hope this one has multiple difficulties!

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

Wow hardest game in the series. I have played all of them on the Mega Man collection and MM 8 gives me a fit.

Lets not go crazy with the difficulty now

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@Tony

Same here, I remember I got so frustrated on one stage that I had to had to hand the controller off to my brother, to realize that I have twice the patience that he does, and twice the control of anger(I'm suprised the controller still works)