Marvelous Entertainment Working on WiiWare Title

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Legendary Japanese game developer Marvelous Entertainment have recently announced a co-publishing deal with XSEED Games to distribute their titles in both the US and Europe. Marvelous are best known for their association with the long-running Harvest Moon series of games.

In a recent interview with Siliconera , Marvelous confirmed that they are in fact currently working on a downloadable title for the WiiWare platform. They were also quick to say that this upcoming WiiWare title was not a Harvest Moon game, but rather a brand new and original title.

While a new Harvest Moon game would have been an exciting announcement for WiiWare, Marvelous has long been a part of some amazing game releases over the years, so any news of an original title from them should be viewed as good news. We'll have more on this new WiiWare development project when the information becomes available.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Since I haven't a clue who these people are, I can say that I'm very excited by this news, and I can't wait to see what they come up with.

Kreegs07

Kreegs07 said:

Yea I don't know these people nor have I played a Harvest Moon game before.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

They've done a lot of Japanese rpgs over the years. They're not very well-known outside of Japan (except among hardcore JRPG fans), but I'm anxious to see what they come up with for WiiWare.

vherub

vherub said:

a Marvelous Entertainment game that is not Harvest Moon? interesting
the article also reminded me how much I am looking forward to vanillaware's Oboro Muramasa Youtoden

Atlantis1982

Atlantis1982 said:

And one of them worked on, or at least published, NO MORE HEROES! :D

Oh and that King Story game as well.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Yeah...I hope the Wiiware game has a name that make more sense, because it's going to be tough to recommend to my friends if my tongue has to get into a wrestling match with the G-D damn title!

Omega

Omega said:

Wow, I can hardly believe it. They are working on a Wiiware title. And on top of everything it is downloadable. Could it be that it is a... ...video game? ;-)

Well, they really do not reveal too much. If I can wish for something, then I'll say an jRPG. And please no remake with 8-bit graphics. Thank you.

doabarrelroll27

doabarrelroll27 said:

Im a fan of Harvest Moon so I hope this game is as good as the games in tht series. Hopefully it has RPG elements similar to Havest Moon games.

Objection

Objection said:

Why would they release Harvest Moon on VC/Wiiware when they can retail it for $50? Its just like Square Enix. Excpet I like some Square Enix games. And not Harvest Moon. Let's hope for something interesting.

lockelocke

lockelocke said:

On a side note, the Harvest Moon series seems like a perfect match for WiiWare. The format lends itself to small block size and would probably fit more nicely into 2008 without a $50 dollar price tag. Me want.

Tides_of_Chaos

Tides_of_Chaos said:

Wait, Marvelous? I thought it was Natsume....oh wait, that's the publisher. (but I'm serious, I can't recall ever hearing the name Marvelous before....)

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

The only games I remeber from Xseed was the Wild Arms games, and not much else. Never heard of Marvelous before, though I apparently know their work. ;)

I got a feeling that we'll be expecting a Harvest Moon-esque game, or maybe a strategy game? Eh, I don't know.

Snorlax

Snorlax said:

Being a big fan of some of their games and the Harvest Moon series, I am excited. I hope this is a sign of things to come, perhaps Atlus will take note of this unknown game does well.