Animales de la Muerte - More Information

Posted by Darren Calvert

A few weeks ago we interviewed High Voltage Software about their upcoming WiiWare game Animals de la Muerte. Whilst it was a very informative interview, we forgot to ask one crucial question! What are the controls like on this game?

Kindly Micah Skaritka at HVS has set the record straight on the controls once and for all. It actually sounds like a pretty good system. Wiimote pointing is fun for a while, but it is nice to have an alternative to play with more traditional controls. We’re glad that Animales will cater for both preferences. Check out what Micah had to tell us:

Wiimote controls:

The controls for Animales are incredibly intuitive, requiring mostly a point and shoot mentality. By pointing the Wii-remote at the screen the avatar turns to face where the cursor is pointed. Pulling the trigger will cause the player to shoot in that direction. The thumbstick on the nunchuck moves the avatar around the screen, but does not change his facing.

This allows the player to easily walk backward and fire at advancing enemies, or strafe effortlessly across the screen while firing at a desired target. This is similar to the controls found in Smash TV.

Animales incorporates the unique controls of the wii, allowing the player to swing the nunchuck to collect uninfected animals with an oversized net. The player could also hold the Z Button and draw back the nunchuck and lash forward to use his whip which annihilates enemies in a forward facing.

Classic Controller controls:

Support on the Classic Controller puts movement and firing direction on the two analog sticks. The left stick controls the player's movement, while the right analog stick controls the direction the player faces, as well as sending out a barrage of fiery ammunition. This is, again, similar to Smash TV. Pushing up on both sticks allows the player to move forward, while shooting forward. Changing the direction of the left stick, allow the player to continue moving forward while firing in whatever direction he chooses.

The Wii-motions have been mapped to buttons, with the combat-focused actions (Whip and Throw) on the top triggers, and the passive actions (Rescue and Activate) on the A and B buttons.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I'm surprised Nintendo let them get away with adding Classic Controller support to a shooting WiiWare title.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Sounds pretty cool, II wasn't too interested at first, but after all the things I've heard, I might get it. I'll have to get a card so me mum don't find out, since I doubt she'd approve of it, no matter what my age is.

@Corbie

I think Nintendo is a little more hands-off than people think.

neuzd

neuzd said:

Yessss!
Thank you all, guys. WiiWare World for the question and HVS for the answer!

Objection

Objection said:

Awesome news! Both control schemes sound great! I hope that this game comes out in September like they initially said! This is my most wanted wiiware game! Exclamation marks!

LorD_SyN_DracuL

LorD_SyN_DracuL said:

I am so looking forward to this game!
is there any word on a release date?(yes I realize it's the big N's decision in the end, but I'm asking anyways)

Peznaze

Peznaze said:

Sounds... like Smash TV. Of course, that's fantastic news! :)

Not even ESRB rated yet, though? Going to be a little while, then. Unless Nintendo really does "fast track" "good" games...

Tides_of_Chaos

Tides_of_Chaos said:

Still not interested in this one. There's something about animals, extreme violence and the spanish language mixed together that I don't find appealing.

originalp

originalp said:

I'm looking forward to this game, I really hope they could include an online mode! PLEASE!!

THATG0MEZ

THATG0MEZ said:

This control scheme works. I can't wait for this game, hopefully it's out by fall.

pagster

pagster said:

I wonder if they'll let you use a GC controller... Just to help those who may have spent more on Wii controllers than the other systems.

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

I think cube control scheme is the same as classic, but don't quote me on this! :-p

Omega

Omega said:

This one reminds me somehow of "Zombies Ate My Neighbors" for the SNES/Genesis. The design is quite nice. Looks like some sort of Cel Shading or something. I am only afraid that there is a lack of depth in this game.

That_Guy_from_Faxana

That_Guy_from_Faxana said:

Sounds good. Targeting with Wiimote may even prove to be better than similar actiongames where you use mouse for targeting. I´ll keep an eye on this title.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

I've seen worse, like the Ninja Gaiden 2 trailer, or the Mad World trailer. Now that's disgusting!

DEMON212

DEMON212 said:

@ Corbie 1.

Yeah, but I'm so glad they did.

IMO it looks like that atrocious Monster Madness, so I hope it's better. But the Zombies look like they're straight from Conker's BFD.

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

@Mr. G&W. This comment is probably gonna get deleted, but you don't know virtual grossness until you see [Mortal Kombat] in action. Yeech! saw a video of MK Deception on G4 on demand and nearly hurled. :P
At least this game is FUNNY in it's violence.

DEMON212

DEMON212 said:

Game gore has yet to make me feel even the slightest bit queesy, and it's never made me do anything negative at all. Usually I just think "cool".

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Mortal Kombat's the only game that made me queesy, and it still is. I definitely don't have a problem with this, especially since it seems so childish and funny. Now back to the controls, yah, I'd imagine they work pretty well, and I heard someone compare it to Geometry Wars Galaxies, I always use the pointer controls in that game, and I'll probably enjoy using them on this.

Ian_Daemon

Ian_Daemon said:

HVS seems like they have a good idea of what good controls SHOULD BE, now we'll just have to wait and see if they materialize. (Animales=good, Conduit=good.)