Wii Move To Bring Balance Board Fun To WiiWare

Posted by Darren Calvert

A mysterious video entitled "Wii Move - Balance Board Innovation" appeared on YouTube recently. The video shows nothing more than a computerised woman running with a clock frantically ticking in the background. The visuals seem to be a rather similar style to the trainers in Wii Fit. Could this trailer just be trying to raise enthusiasm for another workout game, or is it something more?

The mystery of who was responsible for this video was soon cleared up by Balance Board Blog (they really do have a website for everything now huh?) who contacted the guy who posted the YouTube video. It turns out that Wii Move is a game being developed by Pherosoft. Here’s what they told them:

Wii Move is the first Project from PheroseSoft, a small 7 man team, made up from past members of EA Canada Burnaby and Rockstar North. The game looks to but an unexpected slant on the Wii Balance Board. Look for Wii Move to hit the download service in quarter four 08

You can check out the video here:

This is now thought to be a fake!

This is now thought to be a fake!

It sounds like it could be a pretty neat idea for a WiiWare game, of course it remains to be seen how it will turn out. Let's face it this video doesn't tell us anything, but I am guessing it will be some type of exercise based game.

What are our readers thoughts on this video?

Mario64DStyle

Mario64DStyle said:

This video tells me nothing more than.. Creepy...
Didn't the running portion of Wiifit involve the wii remote being held in the hand or pocket.. and nothing to do with the balance board...?

Peznaze

Peznaze said:

I still say it looks like a training game for.. um... "ladies of the evening". Strut simulation! I dunno... It's just.. scary.

The_shoemaker

The_shoemaker said:

I thought only Nintendo could make games with "wii" in front (wii fit, wii sports wii play wii music.)

TomMc

TomMc said:

This video was weird! Interesting idea have to learn more info to make me by this! They can start by making a less wierd video! :o

Tim

Tim said:

Oh Great! The next best thing to wii shovelware is a wii marathon game.

For all intents and purposes I was unable to decipher that one sentence that reads as "The game looks to but an unexpected slant on the Wii Balance Board." Something seems to be missing and what ever it is isn't in the previous or next sentence.

Junichi

Junichi said:

Oh thanks a lot. Now I finally have another subject for my nightmares.

Superdab

Superdab said:

Mario64DStyle- Yes you just put the wii mote in your pocket and put the balance board off to the side.
Anyway this game is too strange to even look at. The trailer showed no gameplay footage and made me feel like I wasted a minute of my life. I will not buy this game due to the fact it looks worse than pokemon ranch.

Tides_of_Chaos

Tides_of_Chaos said:

What the heck? Why make a video that doesn't show a thing about the game or gets you excited for it in any way? Strange.....and a bit stupid as well.

Adam

Adam said:

Tim, that is supposed to be "put," not "but." That confused me for a moment, too.

The bouncing breasts are entirely unnecessary, and that woman's hips jut out to an entirely unnatural--or at least uncomfortable--angle.
Looks ridiculous.

Bensei

Bensei said:

They should really improve the models, at least the faces. And when this game is only about running I say no Balance Board owner will buy this game, because every BB owner has Wii Fit

Tim

Tim said:

@Objection_Blaster

You probably found the 'jiggle' disturbing because on a subconscious level at the very least you noticed the transvestite facial features. Pause the video at 0:42 to see what I mean.

Kawaiipikachu

Kawaiipikachu said:

Im trying to make sense of this video but unfortunately unable to figure it out .
Maybe some things wasn't ment to make sense .

Cowmansr

Cowmansr said:

They look like some kind of humanoid robot that's out to kill us all. They probably forgot the rest of the title:
Wii Move (out of the way when killer robots attack)