Saikyou Ginsei Igo - Board Game Fun For Japanese WiiWare

Posted by Darren Calvert

On Tuesday 24th June, Japanese WiiWare gamers will get their hands on an puzzle game called Saikyou Ginsei Igo which is the second in the series of six board game simulations which Silver Star are bringing to WiiWare. It is based on the Board game called “Go” from the looks of it. It will cost 500 Wii points.

If you would like to see more there are some screenshots and a video on Silverstar’s site.

Last month we reported on Saikyou Ginsei Shogi which it turned out was actually Japanese Chess, and not a “crazy puzzle game” as ignorant reporters might have assumed! This was the first game in this board game series.

I am more of a Connect Four kinda guy myself. I hope that will be next!

Source: GoNintendo

KeeperBvK

KeeperBvK said:

OMG!!!!!!! I love Igo, Go, Weiqi, Baduk or whatever you wanna call it. For 500 points it's a total steal. I'd soooo get it if it came here, but it sure won't. ;__;

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

Someone should bring Guess Who? to WiiWare with Mii support. That would be a winner :D

KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8 said:

Lol. Guess Who. You're right, actually!! That would be a good idea! :o

Connect Four = Meh. I wouldn't even buy that for $5. It gets old too fast.. and plus, imagine the lack of variety in such a game!

Board Games ftw!
C'mon! I want Cranium to come to WiiWare!! :D

Objection

Objection said:

Guess Who-that's hilarious, especially since I've been looking for my old copy! Connect Four...well, everyone still has the real thing. And I would love to learn how to play Go. I got interested from the manga Hikaru No Go.

Ian_Daemon

Ian_Daemon said:

With 'guess who' you could have 'advanced modes' (i.e. Give the players MII faces instead of colors and whoever lines up four of the same face would win. That way one player could 'steal' the win from the other player.) Four player? Online play? I dunno. Just thoughts.

Peznaze

Peznaze said:

They never heard of Shogi, huh? Who said they were otaku? :P

Go and Shogi are two.. Let's see, the others would be... Mahjong and Pachinko, perhaps?

Yeah, near zero chance this will be released outside Japan.

Kawaiipikachu

Kawaiipikachu said:

Looks a bit too boring for my taste but still some people will get it .
Im also wondering what there other games are as well . :)

Bensei

Bensei said:

Maybe we'll get them in the two Wiiware weeks in Hanabi Festival :P

Does japan REALLY get only one Wiiware game this month?