Toki Tori - Gameplay Trailer

Posted by Marcel van Duyn

If you're still not quite convinced of Toki Tori's awesomeness then this trailer might finally do the trick - It's the first actual gameplay footage of the game that's been released.

All four of the game's areas are shown, along with a bunch of the game's tools and items. You can also hear what the game's music and sound effects sound like.

The game will be released on the Wii Shop soon - We predict Europe gets it this month due to Nintendo of Europe saying it would be released within WiiWare's "launch window", but the US has no firm date or even announcement yet.

The sooner it's released, the better!

Check out the trailer here:

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I love this game and I can't wait to play the Wii Ware version. Great work Drake, as always.

thewiirocks

thewiirocks said:

The screenshots reminded me of an Amiga-era platformer. Seeing it in action has only upgraded my opinion of the game. Unless the reviews come back bad, this is going to be a must-buy for me. (Nintendo is going to send me into poverty! :P)

thewiirocks

thewiirocks said:

@Terranigma - I wasn't actually referring to any specific game. Certainly, the main character is reminiscent of Eggbert and Dizzy, I was primarily referring to the style. The initial screenshots really reminded me of platformers during the Amiga era of gaming. The video shows off graphics that look even better than that, with gameplay that is similar, but significantly more advanced, than gameplay of that time. :)

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

This is shaping up to look pretty good. It does remind me of an Amiga platformer too. I can't wait :D

DEMON212

DEMON212 said:

One of the few WW titles I've wanted since it's announcement. Gutted that we're not getting it on the 20th.

DrakeStaff

Drake said:

The original Toki Tori was actually made by some of the people who made Eggbert. The main character looks exactly the same, he only has a different name.

Eggbert's also a bit more kid-unfriendly than Toki Tori, with some actually bloody deaths.