GTA Kicks Ass But Nintendo Are Still In Good Shape
Posted by Sammy Barker
GTA4 has had a record breaking first week outselling Wii Fit by a ratio as high as 9 to 1.
To be fair I don't think anyone expected the fitness title to keep it's crown at the top of the charts when GTA blundered along. With record breaking sales of 926,000 units and a place cemented at the top of the charts which is likely to last for a good while it's going to take a big release to shift GTA from the top spot.
In saying that, Nintendo still had a pretty good week as Wii Fit stayed in second place (even given the stock shortages) and Nintendo Wii titles occupied the next 3 top spots.
- 1. Grand Theft Auto IV
- 2. Wii Fit
- 3. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
- 4. Wii Play
- 5. Mario Kart Wii
- 6. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
- 7. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008
- 8. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- 9. Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training
- 10. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2