WiiWare: Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People

Posted by Darren Calvert

Telltale Games, developers of the excellent Sam 'n Max series, have announced their intention to give fans something new in the shape of the amusingly titled Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, debuting on WiiWare this June.

For those not aware, the Strong Bad animated series has been running at homestarrunner.com since 2000. Strong Bad himself is the self-proclaimed coolest person ever, created by Matt and Mike Chapman.

As the very first episodic series for connected consoles, the game has been specifically designed for the challenges of WiiWare, with easy-to-use controls and WiiConnect24 features.

Like Sam 'n Max, the first series will have five episodes, coming out on a monthly schedule. Release dates and pricing details will be revealed at a later date.

Here’s what Telltale chief executive Dan Connors has to say:

Homestarrunner.com is one of the biggest success stories in online entertainment.

The Chapmans have been treating the internet to episodic content for years. We're thrilled to have teamed up with them to take episodic gaming to the next level via Nintendo's innovative WiiWare delivery system.

Telltale are working with the Chapmans on the art style, storylines and scripts, with voice acting provided by the original cast.

The games will also be available on PC.

tnk4god

tnk4god said:

I love homestar runner, and strongbad is so very funny, if you have not seen his teen girl squad you are missing alot. I visit the website almost as much as this one.

Kelvin

Kelvin said:

Good, I suppose, but I would have preferred an announcement on Sam 'n' Max on Wii.

fco

fco said:

Well, actually, Sam n' Max are indeed coming to Wii, but as a retail release.

Jupiter_Adept

Jupiter_Adept said:

I might get this. I've never played an episodic game series, and a cheap, Wii version I'll try.

Moses

Moses said:

Fantastic. I'm just a mild fan of the series, all be it a funny show, but I'm VERY excited about this considering the developer.
An excellent announcement, says I.

Atlantis1982

Atlantis1982 said:

@Tony, Or lie and say your attractive. :P

I am very surprised this is the episodic game that wasn't Sam & Max, let alone starring STRONG BAD himself. YAY! :D

Tides_of_Chaos

Tides_of_Chaos said:

Heheh, wow, this brings back memories. I haven't been on that website for like 3 years now since I promised myself not to go on it. The reason? Simple, I spent waaaay too much time on that site but this is still great news.

Atlantis1982

Atlantis1982 said:

I wonder if I am going to bother with this though seeing that I don't care much for Point 'n Click adventure games anyway. I had trouble with one of the episodes of Sam & Max (btw I liked Max _) and I just wanted to finish it, or that it was very late when I played it.

J_K

J_K said:

Include me some Trogdor the Burninator action and we have a deal.

konkerdoodle

konkerdoodle said:

Oh man! This is awesome! I would have never even dreamed of something like this :). Strong Bad is hilarious, and if you've never heard of him you should definitely check out his online show. Hilarious stuff.

King_wiL

King_wiL said:

ARROWED!!! Strong Bad's AWESOME!!!!! Whoever doesnt know him, go see him NOW!!!!!

MrPoo6321

MrPoo6321 said:

this could be very cool... me and my friends used to laugh at strongbad a lot in high school... those e-mail cartoons were hilarious!

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

Sounds bizzare! I've never Heard of it before; however I'm not going to buy anything for the Wii that is based off a Flash web game. Let us hope that this is not Shovelware.

Calbeb

Calbeb said:

Telltale Games, the guys who are making this, made the Sam and Max episodic games on the PC, which are a really high quality return to old-fashioned adventure games (like Day of the Tenticle or the Monkey Island games back in the day.)

I'm really looking forward to this, they are kind of taking all the writers and tools from that game and making it look and feel like a Strongbad title. Should be awesome. I highly highly doubt this is shovelware.

http://www.telltalegames.com/strongbad for another trailer.

Herandar

Herandar said:

Formerly titled: "Strong Bad's 9.5 rating in Nintendo Power or ELSE Challenge '08."