Japanese Virtual Console List - December 2007

Posted by Marcel van Duyn

A lot of sequels in this month's Japanese VC list. A couple of surprises (Including the next N64 game) as well. Without further ado:

Japanese VC List - December:

Famicom:

• Downtown Nekketsu Koushinkyoku: Soreyuke Daiundoukai (The Japan-only sequel to River City Ransom/Street Gangs) - December 4th
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Metal Slader Glory
  • Lunar Pool

Super Famicom:

• Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers
  • Treasure Hunter G

Nintendo 64:

• Pokemon Snap

Mega Drive:

• Rolling Thunder 2 - December 4th
  • Columns III
  • Langrisser 2 (The sequel to Warsong, however, this sequel wasn't released outside Japan like the former)
  • Party Quiz Mega Q

PC Engine:

• Gate of Thunder - December 4th
  • Ai Cho Aniki
  • Image Fight II
  • Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes

Neo Geo:

• Nothing this month!

Atlantis1982

Atlantis1982 said:

At least the one Street Fighter game, I've been looking forward, will be coming. Good, I need to add a Fighter game to my VC collection.

bakamono

bakamono said:

Treasure Hunter G?!? A Square game on Virtual Console? (well ok a second one, but one that is worthwhile downloading).
It just kind of hurts seeing this game getting released in Japan on the VC and knowing it will probably never get over here. But so we thought of Sin and Punishment too. Who knows... I am keeping fingers crossed...!!

DrakeStaff

Drake said:

It's actually the third Square game: The other two were Hanjuku Hero and King's Knight.

BJ1

BJ1 said:

It's about time Nintendo's fastest best-selling franchise of all time hits the VC! Finally, Pokemon Snap!

__Steve

Steve said:

Heh, Pokemon Snap.

Still, it's good to see them adding new features that integrate with the Wii. I'm still hoping that down the road they'll be able to add things like internet multiplayer or even motion controls to some of the VC titles. It would really help to revitalize some of the older games, and that can never hurt. Well, here's hoping...

__tank2tank

tank2tank said:

I'm a little disappointed by this, as I was hoping for a MAJOR n64 game release or even two, seeing as its christmas soon. Zelda Majora's Mask or GoldenEye for instance, and if the latter did come out I'd be over the moon, and would pay over 2000 points for it!

said:

If Majora's Mask is released soon, I swear that I will never complain about the VC ever again... maybe

__Kyle

Kyle said:

Oh yeah, I've been holding off on SF just for this one. Can't wait for some reciprocation here... Share the love Nintendo.

__Mike

Mike said:

Quite simply, GoldenEye was one of the best games ever to come out on the N64 and was simply one of the best party games of its time (imagine playin it on a 60"+ projection TV). Yes I am hoping for that one to be released.

Im hoping that Square will release their heavy hitters soon.

jackaroo

jackaroo said:

I forgot about Pokemon Snap. It was a game i used to love and i used to play alot at my friends. Despite the fact im not much of a pokemon fan anymore i may just get this.

Jogurt_the_Yogurt

Jogurt_the_Yogurt said:

Games like GoldenEye and Final Fantasy are apparently going to be insanely expensive to license for the VC. I'm not saying they'll never happen, just that we shouldn't hold our breath or save our Wii points.

They're releasing sequels to River City Ransom and Warsong in Japan, but we don't even have the originals yet. I'd mainly be happy to get those in North America over the next couple of months...

BJ1

BJ1 said:

Sure, Pokemon may have lost it's luster in recent years (like Sonic has, although I still love him), but some of their games such as this one are still fun to play and I'm not afraid to admit that I still love Pokemon.