E3 2007: Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Posted by Anthony Dickens
Atari throw us some more information about Namco developed beat-em-up based on the Dragon Ball Z phenom.
"Dragon Ball Z®: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 takes the lightning fast fighting, flying and action that made its predecessor, DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2, last year’s #1 fighting game and takes it to a whole new level with exciting new features. For the first time in Dragon Ball Z® history, the Wii™ platform will feature online gameplay, connecting DBZ fans around the country.
In Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, all DBZ® skills and abilities are intact including: free flight, range and melee attacks. With over 150 DBZ heroes and villains and more than 30 battle stages, players are given the power to engage in titanic battles with the ability to recreate some of the storied confrontations from the TV show, or they can create all-new showdowns of their own with characters that never actually fought in the animated series. The game also features exciting new game modes like the Battle Replay mode that lets players save and replay favorite battles.
- Online fighting on the Wii platform
- Disc Fusion System available on the PS2 platform which unlocks exclusive modes using Budokai Tenkaichi 1 or Budokai Tenkaichi 2
- 10 Game modes
- Over 150 characters
- Over 30 battle stages
- More than 10 types of AI balancing for your opponents
- 1-2 players
- New Dragon History lets fans select their favorite battle scenes
- New Battle Replay mode lets you save and replay your favorite battles"
The game is currently scheduled for release around Christmas 2007.