Atlus Announce Trauma Center Sequel
Posted by Anthony Dickens
Atlus have today announced a Wii sequel to "Trauma Center: Second Opinion" dubbed "Trauma Center: New Blood".
Keep your hands steady and your mind focused – this time around there’s a lot more on the line. Every cut of the scalpel, every pinch of the forceps, each and every second that ticks by is of the absolute greatest importance. If you think it's too much to handle alone, invite a friend to assist with the operation and work together to save patients from flat-lining. The adrenaline is pumping, lives are at stake, and only you can save the day. Have you got what it takes?
If you don't know the history of Trauma Center, it was first realised on the DS, then later "upgraded" for a Wii edition which was very impressive. It's no real surprise that Atlus have announced a sequel, the controls work so well on Wii. Sadly for European gamers they are still waiting for this original version which is currently set for release on Aug 10th.
At a remote hospital in Alaska, Dr. Markus Vaughn quietly toils, a surgeon who has forsaken the politics and power struggles of his former ward. He is content to use the power he has discovered within himself, the Healing Touch, to positively affect the lives of those in need. His partner is Valerie Blaylock, a promising young doctor eager to unlock her own dormant abilities.
When the facility unexpectedly closes, they are forced to return to Concordia Medical Institute, where politics are more important than patient’s lives, and doctors more concerned with image than their ministration. There they are recruited into the government organization Caduceus, where they will learn of a conspiracy with dire ramifications, and their lives will be changed forever!
- Two Player Cooperative Play! For the first time in the series, work with a friend to race against the clock and save lives…success will require teamwork and communication – Every second counts!
- All-New Story, Characters, and Operations! Depend on a brand new medical team for support and advice as you tackle new emergencies.
- Fully Voiced Dialogue! Characters will come to life as never before as they speak to you during operations and story cutscenes.
- Full 480p and 16x9 Widescreen Support!
- Online Score Ranking System!
Excellent, we'll be looking forward to this one!