Nintendo E3 2006 Press Conference
Posted by Anthony Dickens
Nintendo annual pre-E3 press conference is now over, but what did we learn, whats new?
The bomb has been dropped, Nintendo Wii is pretty much out in the open now. If you've been living under a rock you might not know that Nintendo's biggest press conference of the year took place earlier today in LA.
It's often hard to keep track of everything announced at such events, so we've tried to compile everything into a bitesize chunk, here's all the information we think is note worthy.
- To be release in quarter 4 2006, but no specific dates.
- Price to be confirmed, but Will be significantly cheaper than others.
- Both the Wii Remote & Nun chuck have independent motion sensors.
- Wii Remote contains an additional speaker for effects.
- Wii Remote contains a Rumble feature.
- Boot time will be only seconds.
- Classic (almost SNES) style controller will be available.
- SD Expansion port.
- AV port will support Component output.
- Always on "Connect24" system means publishers can push information to consoles via the internet.
- Virtual Console platform will have possibility of content from indie developers.
Wii & Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- Two versions will be released, one for Gamecube, one for Wii.
- Will launch on the same day as Wii console.
Wii - First Party Nintendo Games
- Disaster: Day of Crisis
- Excite Truck
- Fire Emblem
- Project HAMMER
- Super Mario Galaxy
- WarioWare: Smooth Moves
- Wii Sports
Wii - Third Party Games
- Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam (Activision)
- Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (Activision)
- Dragon Ball Z Budokai: Tenkaichi 2 (Atari)
- Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Atlus)
- Untitled Resident Evil (Capcom)
- Madden NFL 2007 (EA)
- Medal of Honor: Airborne (EA)
- Bomberman Land (Hudson)
- Untitled Soccer Game (Konami)
- Mobile Suit Gundam (Namco)
- SD Gundam Breaker (Namco)
- New Action Game (Namco)
- New RPG (Namco)
- Harvest Moon (Natsume)
- Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (Sega)
- Sonic Wild Fire (Sega)
- Metal Slug Anthology (SNK)
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals: Crystal Bearers (Square)
- Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower Of Mirrors (Square)
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Create from the Krusty Krab (THQ)
- Disney/Pixar's Cars (THQ)
- Rayman Raving Rabbids (Ubisoft)
- Red Steel (Ubisoft)
Please note this list is subject to change as we find more updates! -- If you fancy reading an entire commentary of the speech, EuroGamer have one.