DS Lite Confirmed For 11th June US Launch
Posted by Anthony Dickens
Nintendo have today announced that the DS Lite will be available from June 11th 2006 for $129.99 in the USA.
European's still left out as Nintendo announce launch details for the sleeker DS, DS Lite in the Americas.
"Millions of people around the world already enjoy playing Nintendo DS™, and the system's future looks even brighter. On June 11, Nintendo DS™ Lite joins Nintendo's video game family when it launches in the Americas. The lighter, brighter version of the hot-selling Nintendo DS is expected to be priced as low as $129.99 at retailers throughout the United States. The inaugural color is an elegant Polar White with a raised DS logo on the cover."
Whats different? -- Nintendo DS Lite comes with a variety of distinctive changes that set it apart from the original - and from all other hand-held video game systems:
- It's less than two-thirds the size of the original Nintendo DS and more than 20 percent lighter.
- Its two bright screens can be adjusted to four levels to adapt to different lighting conditions and to extend battery power.
- The microphone sits in the center of the unit, and the LED lights are clearly visible whether the unit is open or closed.
- The stylus is 1 centimeter longer and 1 millimeter thicker than the stylus of the original, and slides into a side storage slot.
- The Start and Select buttons were repositioned for easier access.
- A removable cover keeps the Game Boy® Advance cartridge slot clear from dust and debris when it's not in use.
Hopefully we'll hear of a European release date shortly, if you really can't wait now would be the time to pre-order your US version.