European's still left out as Nintendo announce launch details for the sleeker DS, DS Lite in the Americas.
"Millions of people around the world already enjoy playing Nintendo DS™, and the system's future looks even brighter. On June 11, Nintendo DS™ Lite joins Nintendo's video game family when it launches in the Americas. The lighter, brighter version of the hot-selling Nintendo DS is expected to be priced as low as $129.99 at retailers throughout the United States. The inaugural color is an elegant Polar White with a raised DS logo on the cover."
Whats different? -- Nintendo DS Lite comes with a variety of distinctive changes that set it apart from the original - and from all other hand-held video game systems:
- It's less than two-thirds the size of the original Nintendo DS and more than 20 percent lighter.
- Its two bright screens can be adjusted to four levels to adapt to different lighting conditions and to extend battery power.
- The microphone sits in the center of the unit, and the LED lights are clearly visible whether the unit is open or closed.
- The stylus is 1 centimeter longer and 1 millimeter thicker than the stylus of the original, and slides into a side storage slot.
- The Start and Select buttons were repositioned for easier access.
- A removable cover keeps the Game Boy® Advance cartridge slot clear from dust and debris when it's not in use.
Hopefully we'll hear of a European release date shortly, if you really can't wait now would be the time to pre-order your US version.