WiiWare Forum

Topic: Will you get Rage of the Gladiator this monday?

Showing 101 to 120 of 132

AuthorMessage

L_F

101. Posted:

@Rowdy Thanks for the tip, but since I'm a huge Punch-Out fan, I know what awaits me :D

Edited on by L_F

L_F

AuthorMessage

Scottie

102. Posted:

This game then or Zombie Panic in Wonderland?!! I am 50/50 on these games as well and will only get one of them but which? Thoughts anyone??

Scottie

AuthorMessage

BulbasaurusRex

103. Posted:

I haven't played ZPiW, but if you're only going to get one, RotG is the way to go.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912

AuthorMessage

CoffeeWithGames

104. Posted:

I'm still having a blast with this game! I'm currently playing a new game, using the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controls.

I've completed it using the NES-style controls, and getting a "Rank: S" in each fight.

I really hope this game does well for Ghostfire Games, it just seems to really be struggling in the "Top 20" Popular Titles on the Shop Channel. Max and the Magic Marker has already fallen out of the "Top 20", and I was hoping both games would stay in the "Top 10" for a long while.

My site, CoffeeWithGames.com!

Nintendo Network ID: Coffees | Twitter: CoffeeWithGames

AuthorMessage

Imerion

105. Posted:

Got this last friday and I must say I am really enjoying it. At first it felt a bit slow, but after a few rounds the feeling sank in and I really started to like it. I love how varied and different the enemies are from each other. Even between rounds in a match there are surprises. And the upgrade system is an excellent addition. For some reason, improving your character and utilizing all those abilities to the max is really fun.

Try my games! : Neotron Games

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

106. Posted:

It really is quite a gem of a game. I don't think I've rated another WiiWare title as highly. I'd love to see a dungeon crawler or tactics game set in the same universe, the guys did such a great job with the characterisations. Hard to believe a small team made this!

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

CoffeeWithGames

107. Posted:

Sean+Aaron wrote:

It really is quite a gem of a game. I don't think I've rated another WiiWare title as highly. I'd love to see a dungeon crawler or tactics game set in the same universe, the guys did such a great job with the characterisations. Hard to believe a small team made this!

Did you ever finish Challenge Mode in it?

AuthorMessage

CCowell125

108. Posted:

I didn't think I'd enjoy it, as Punch Out never appealed to me, but based on the 9-star review of it given by NintendoLife, I gave it a download. - It was totally worth it, I love this game! Music is awesome, gameplay is addicting and graphics are as good as some retail Wii games. Glad I made this decision to buy it.

Next game from Ghostfire will likely be a first day purchase from me.

CCowell125

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

109. Posted:

CoffeewithGames wrote:

Sean+Aaron wrote:

Did you ever finish Challenge Mode in it?

Not yet. I'm not playing it much since the review, but I decided I'm better off trying to better my results in the normal mode before having another go at Challenge Mode.

AuthorMessage

Reala

110. Posted:

Decided to take a chance with this game, wasn't sure if it'd be my kind of game or not, but its great, beat normal mode and strugling on the first fight in challenge mode, not sure if I'll be able to beat challenge mode, still had enough fun in normal mode anyway, really like the simple NES style controls, great game.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage

ejamer

111. Posted:

After playing through normal mode and then getting absolutely owned in challenge mode, I feel the same way -- even if I don't get much further, it's been a worthwhile purchase. :)

Of course, I do plan on trying to get further. It's shameful that I can't even beat the first opponent on challenge mode! Maybe I need to replay the first half and try changing my upgrade path? Maybe I just need to practice more?

ejamer

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

112. Posted:

Well, having sold my NA Wii and purchased this on my PAL Wii I can give it another go on the skills tree and maybe make some wiser choices.

Addendum: Played last night and got B-ranks on the first three fighters, but Amit put me in the ground. This time I've gone for maxing out the energy recharge for landing blows, picked up the jumping attack (also maxed) and purchased the pillar of fire combo and a couple points for critical hit chance.

I figure strong focus on fewer areas might work better than spreading my points out a lot. I want to see if I can get that meteor strike!

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

AuthorMessage

CoffeeWithGames

113. Posted:

Sean+Aaron wrote:

Well, having sold my NA Wii and purchased this on my PAL Wii I can give it another go on the skills tree and maybe make some wiser choices.

Addendum: Played last night and got B-ranks on the first three fighters, but Amit put me in the ground. This time I've gone for maxing out the energy recharge for landing blows, picked up the jumping attack (also maxed) and purchased the pillar of fire combo and a couple points for critical hit chance.

I figure strong focus on fewer areas might work better than spreading my points out a lot. I want to see if I can get that meteor strike!

If you are trying for "Rank: A" in each fight, you may want to go defensive, and get the "healing power".
If anybody would like a video guide to one of the fights, let me know.
I've already posted several fights from the game, and I'll be working on another one later this week for Amit the Charmer.

AuthorMessage

eripmav

114. Posted:

They're a great bunch at GhostFire, they deserve this game to be a hit.

eripmav

AuthorMessage

BulbasaurusRex

115. Posted:

Amit can be tricky at first, as he's the first opponent who considerably varies the times between the "beginning" of his attacks and when he actually strikes, but he's nothing compared to the later opponents. Starting with Amit, you need to start focusing more on timing your dodges correctly and to the correct side (due to his snakes). By the way, Amit's long raspberry taunt is perfect for a counterattack (aim low).

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

116. Posted:

eripmav wrote:

They're a great bunch at GhostFire, they deserve this game to be a hit.

Agreed, but the marketplace can be a capricious thing. From past communications I don't think this one is busting blocks, sadly.

AuthorMessage

eripmav

117. Posted:

It really is a hard, hard market to break into. You get the likes of Sexy Poker storming the charts, selling lord knows how many copies and then an absolute gem like Rage struggling, It's ludicrous,

eripmav

AuthorMessage

CoffeeWithGames

118. Posted:

eripmav wrote:

It really is a hard, hard market to break into. You get the likes of Sexy Poker storming the charts, selling lord knows how many copies and then an absolute gem like Rage struggling, It's ludicrous,

This times 1000! I've been making videos of the game, because I'm hoping to spread word about Rage of the Gladiator through the videos. I've got some ideas for some videos, that I haven't implemented yet; because I'm not exactly sure which route to go.

AuthorMessage

eripmav

119. Posted:

Tweet/put it up on forms/Facebook it on the various Wii fanpages:)

eripmav

AuthorMessage

BulbasaurusRex

120. Posted:

So where are these videos posted? Youtube? What's your username?