Forums

Topic: WiiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 681 to 697 of 697

DarkEdi

I recommend you to try the demo section in Wii shop. Also there are my recomendations:
There are a lot of great games, I don´t remember all but some are:

• World of Goo
  • Megaman 9 & 10
  • TV Show King 1 & 2 (great for fun with friends)
  • Karaoke Wii (i don´t remember full name)
  • Retro City Rampage (it is like GTA in 8 bits with a lot of parodies)
  • La Mulana
  • Cave Story
  • Rebirth series (Castlevania and others)
  • TNT Racers
  • Swords & Soldiers
  • Kyotokei (great shooter similar to Ikaruga)
  • MDK2 (it is a solid plataformer with many characters to play)
  • Fluidity (Hydroventure)
  • Mix Superstar (you can buy DLC rythms, you can create a lot of music)
  • A yet it moves
  • Jett Rocket
  • all Bit. Trip. games
  • Zombie Panic in Wonderland
  • Tomena Sanner
  • My Zoo (with DLC animals, it is like nintendogs but a little more simple)
  • Frogger (there are two games, i liked both9
  • LostWinds 1 & 2
  • Tales of Monkey Island (5 chapters)
  • Final Fantasy IV After Years (secuel of FF IV -also available in Wii VC)
  • Final Fantasy My Life as a Darklord (defense tower)
  • Final Fantasy My Life as a King (it is like sim city)
  • Rainbow Island (remake of the Nes game)
  • Bubble Bobble plus
  • Bust a Move plus
  • Adventure Island the beginning
  • Lit (it is from wayforward)
  • Maboshi (3 player puzzle, and you can download it to NDS)
  • Strong Bad Series (5 chapters)
  • Helix (one of my favorites, it is like just dance but a lot of memorization)
  • Star Soldier R (only if you like to break your record, i recommend you more the Turbografx versions)

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

Bass_X0

Rainbow Island (remake of the Nes game)

But not as good unfortunately.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

SKTTR

I think this guy here called Waluigi (not the Nintendo character) is insane.
He's locking interesting threads just because they are old.
I think he's a troll and not an admin.
Please ban him.

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Bass_X0

Every thread in here is old now. So posting in anything, even the most recently active thread could be grounds for a lock due to how old it is. If NintendoLife doesn't want people posting in old threads, they should automatically arcvive the threads once they reach a certain amount of time without anyone posting in them. I've bought it to their attention before but they won't do anything about it. I'm not particularly inclined to start a new thread when an open discussion thread is right there, but I do still want to talk about the old WiiWare and VC games here.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

soma

Hey guys, couple of questions:

Do you recommend Driift Mania just for the single player? Maybe I'll have an occasional multiplayer game, but I mainly game alone.

Do you recommend Excitebike World Rally with no online? I was never a big fan of Excitebike, but this one looks more polished and I like it has ingame music.

Thanks!

soma

SKTTR

Driift Mania is more suited for multiplayer fun, but getting 1st place in the single player races is needed anyway to unlock all the vehicles and cups.
Excitebike is more suited for onlineplayer, but is a lot of fun offline as well. I believe you cannot unlock all the skins without the online mode.

backloggery.com/SKTTR

soma

@SKTTR

Thanks for the answer! I decided Excitebike is a bit expensive, I'll wait for a Switch version instead. Driift Mania looks fun, I think I'll get that one.

I saw videos of Rush Rush Rally Racing, which looks similar to Driift Mania but better.... sadly it was never released in America

soma

SKTTR

@soma:

Yeah, I've reviewed RUSH RUSH RALLY RACING for WiiWare back then (on a different gaming site).

With super-fast-paced gameplay, smooth scrolling, great controllability, 4 player splitscreen, and tons of courses, unlockables, and achievements, this Dreamcast port got an 8/10 from me. Even 10 years later I can't find a better topdown racer on the Wii, Wii U or Switch.

Driift Mania has only single-screen racing (the wholeness of the small courses on one screen without scrolling). Both games are among the best racing games on WiiWare though (if you like Micro Machines and Super Off-Road), but my personal WiiWare racing highlights are MotoHeroz (10/10), Excitebike (9/10), and Art Style light trax (9/10).

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

soma

@SKTTR

I already have some Art Style games, so I would prefer something different. Light Trax looks cool and is cheap, but I wish it had multiplayer.

I was never a big fan of Excitebike, but the WiiWare version looks really polished and fun. However is a bit expensive. I feel it's at that price because of the online, but now that the service is disabled it should be cheaper. I don't know, I hope they release a new one on the Switch with multiplayer.

I tried the demo of MoteHeroz, but honestly I didn't like it too much. I don't know what it is, but I just don't found it fun. Maybe the demo was crappy? One demo I tried is 3D Pixel Racing or something like that. I really liked it! Although the controls are kind of tough and need practice, I found it really fun and it's only 500 points.

I'm also thinking of getting a Balance Board and maybe Rock n Roll Climber, it looks interesting. Thanks a lot for your help!

soma

SKTTR

@soma That 3D Pixel Racing Demo I found to be absolutely uncontrollable. xD
Yeah, you're right, Excitebike lost some features, but it's still the best classic Excitebike experience , not counting different-gameplay-spinoffs like 64, Truck and Bots. I wouldn't like to pay full price either with the bigger features and unlockables now missing.

As for 4 players I thought Fast Racing League and TNT Racers were among the more decent WiiWare racers.
Fast Racing League was really advanced and good-looking at the time (but it evolved into a much better Fast Racing Neo on Wii U and then an even better Fast RMX on Switch).
TNT Racers was lots of fun, but again Wii U got a better-looking, full-content, DLC-included HD-version for a lower price.

MotoHeroz takes just a bit of time to get used to. Once you get the physics down it's one of the best and most fun racing games of all time. I cannot recommend it enough.
I have 140 WiiWare games. And only 5 of them I consider 10/10 masterpieces. MotoHeroz is probably the strongest 10/10 of them all. The other four are La-Mulana, Hydroventure, World of Goo, and FFCC: My Life as a King.

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

soma

@SKTTR

Haha, yes, the controls were kind of difficult but for some reason I liked it. I'll test it again just in case but I liked what I saw. Fast Racing already have it on WiiU. Haven't checked TNT Racers, thanks for the tip!

I'll check MotoHeroz again. Fluidity is definitely a must buy for me, and I'm interested in La-Mulana but I heard is a very long game and I already have a huge backlog XD. I'll think about it.

soma

Pahvi

@soma La Mulana is on a number of other platforms, so you might want to get it on those, if you want to get it at all.

"The review score of 6 becomes a 9 when looked at another angle. And vice versa." -me?

erv

Nice the wiiware thread pops up! Just a mention to cubello from my end, I really enjoyed that one.

Maybe I'm an exception though, don't shoot me:p

The anatomically awesome evello is bringing the fame and glory!

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

soma

@Pahvi

Thanks! I'll look for it.

@erv

Cubello is one I wish there was a demo. I've seen videos and looks fun and all but.... wasn't the robot voice annoying to you? I feel it may drive me crazy XD

soma

erv

@soma it may very well do that. But it fits the trancy vibe of the focus on getting the hits in.

To me, something clicked with it. I recommend it personally.

The anatomically awesome evello is bringing the fame and glory!

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

SKTTR

I also recommend Cubello. It's a crazy unique puzzler and there's nothing comparable on the market.

The game is relaxing and slowpaced (in the beginning), but if you're good at aiming/shooting with the Wiimote you can make some really crazy lightning fast combos and spin the cube structure around in all directions.

I recommend all 5 Art Style games though. I enjoyed them for having fresh and great gameplay, a unique art style, and amazing soundtracks.

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

soma

Ok guys, you convinced me on getting Cubello XD

soma

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic