Forums

Topic: WiiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 661 to 680 of 693

OMC79

WaveBoy wrote:

So how's Cave story? does it live up to the hype?

It's a great game but just for the soundtrack alone you'll do better with the FREE PC version. The updated graphics and sound in the WiiWare version don't add up much (graphically is not very noticeable) and those 1200 NP are only worth if you really want to play it on your TV. La Mulana is indeed worth the price despite also being free for PC, everything is updated for real.

OMC79

brooks83

I have a feeling WiiWare titles are gonna start dissapearing from the Wii shop soon, so I think I am going to pick up any games I feel I may regret not buying one day. Can anyone tell me if Blaster Master Overdrive is worth the 10 bucks? From the gameplay videos it looks a little bland, but WiiWare is literally the only platform the game is available on, so I don't want to miss out on this game altogether if it's decent.

brooks83

DarkEdi

Yes, Blaster Master of Wiiware is great, if you like the NES or GBC versions you may like this too.

Another good wiiware games are all Rebirth Konami games and Hudson wiiware games.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

brooks83

I'm really enjoying Bobby Carrot Forever. It's a very charming puzzle game that reminds me of Adventures of Lolo. I will probably get all the DLC for it as well. The DLC has been unfairly called a ripoff, but I don't think it is. The main game has 6 worlds for the $8 price, and each $5 DLC pack gives you six more worlds. It all depends on how much you like the game, of course, but each DLC pack gives you just as much content as the original game for $3 less.

brooks83

Gameday

Anyone want to play one last time for any of the following games before May 20th 2014 let me know.

Excitebike World Rally. Gameday: 1336 2164 3116
Uno Wiiware: Gameday J: 0820 4336 1929
Pool Revolution Cue Sports Wiiware: Gameday J: 2023 3893 8174
TV Show King 2 Wiiware: Gameday J: 5029 9164 8102
Texas Hold'em Tournament Wiiware: Gameday J: 0605 9412 2155

Farewell Nintendo "Wii" Online
See You Guys Around On Wii U

Edited on by Gameday

Stay Gaming My Friends ~
(Youtube) https://goo.gl/RZezjr
Nintendo Switch: 2899-5745-8667
Xbox - Gameday J
PSN - Gameday_J
3DS: Gameday
Steam: Gameday_J

3DS Friend Code: 0705-5371-1465 | Nintendo Network ID: Gameday_J | Twitter:

Obito_Sigma

My Recommendations (all are $10 or less except for the indicated 1200 and 1500 games):

Art Style (all five of them - $6 each)
Bonsai Barber
Excitebike: World Rally
MaBoShi’s Arcade
WarioWare: D.I.Y. Showcase
You, Me, and the Cubes
Bomberman Blast
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (1500)
Castlevania The Adventure ReBirth
Contra Rebirth
Toki Tori
LostWinds
Mega Man 9
Onslaught
Samurai Shodown Anthology
Little King’s Story
Klonoa
Swords & Soldiers
NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits
Mr. Driller W
Dead Space: Extraction
A Boy and His Blob
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggles
Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
Blaster Master: Overdrive
Art of Balance
Mega Man 10
Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
Ivy the Kiwi?
And Yet It Moves
Airport Mania: First Flight
Fluidity (1200)
Frobot
FAST – Racing League
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Mercury Meltdown Revolution
Metal Slug Anthrology
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros’ Treasure
Okami
Boom Blox
The House of the Dead: Overkill
MadWorld
World of Goo (1500)
MotoHeroz (1500)
La-Mulana

Friend Code: SW-6500-0179-5813

Super Smash Bros Mains:
Kirby, King Dedede, Mega Man

3DS Friend Code: 2852-9754-3135 | Twitter:

ZeMegaMan

I got 100+ games downloaded. Mega Man 9 and 10 are must haves.

"KEEP ON FIGHTING MEGA MAN FOR PEACE BETWEEN HUMANS AND ROBOTS!"

Twitter:

HeroOfCybertron

How is Doc Louis's Punch Out, I saw that it's one of the new Club Nintendo rewards, I thought it would go nice with the Punch Out (Wii) game I just got from the eshop?

Bah weep granah weep nini bong

SKTTR

I'd get it. There's no other version of this game.
From what I know it's a promotion game, not for buying in the Wii Shop.
If they take it down it's gone.

Was never released in Europe, so it's kinda rare for a digital release. Same for Grill-Off with Ultra Hand!

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Sparx

Recently got my wii set up in my room and was wondering about wiiware games which I never had a chance to get into since my internet sucked during the wii era. No idea where to start so here I am!

What are some great wiiware games? (I tend to like platforms and puzzle games)

My avatar is from here

DarkEdi

I recommend you to try the demo section in Wii shop. Also there are my recomendations:
There are a lot of great games, I don´t remember all but some are:

• World of Goo
  • Megaman 9 & 10
  • TV Show King 1 & 2 (great for fun with friends)
  • Karaoke Wii (i don´t remember full name)
  • Retro City Rampage (it is like GTA in 8 bits with a lot of parodies)
  • La Mulana
  • Cave Story
  • Rebirth series (Castlevania and others)
  • TNT Racers
  • Swords & Soldiers
  • Kyotokei (great shooter similar to Ikaruga)
  • MDK2 (it is a solid plataformer with many characters to play)
  • Fluidity (Hydroventure)
  • Mix Superstar (you can buy DLC rythms, you can create a lot of music)
  • A yet it moves
  • Jett Rocket
  • all Bit. Trip. games
  • Zombie Panic in Wonderland
  • Tomena Sanner
  • My Zoo (with DLC animals, it is like nintendogs but a little more simple)
  • Frogger (there are two games, i liked both9
  • LostWinds 1 & 2
  • Tales of Monkey Island (5 chapters)
  • Final Fantasy IV After Years (secuel of FF IV -also available in Wii VC)
  • Final Fantasy My Life as a Darklord (defense tower)
  • Final Fantasy My Life as a King (it is like sim city)
  • Rainbow Island (remake of the Nes game)
  • Bubble Bobble plus
  • Bust a Move plus
  • Adventure Island the beginning
  • Lit (it is from wayforward)
  • Maboshi (3 player puzzle, and you can download it to NDS)
  • Strong Bad Series (5 chapters)
  • Helix (one of my favorites, it is like just dance but a lot of memorization)
  • Star Soldier R (only if you like to break your record, i recommend you more the Turbografx versions)

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

Bass_X0

Rainbow Island (remake of the Nes game)

But not as good unfortunately.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

SKTTR

I think this guy here called Waluigi (not the Nintendo character) is insane.
He's locking interesting threads just because they are old.
I think he's a troll and not an admin.
Please ban him.

Bass_X0

Every thread in here is old now. So posting in anything, even the most recently active thread could be grounds for a lock due to how old it is. If NintendoLife doesn't want people posting in old threads, they should automatically arcvive the threads once they reach a certain amount of time without anyone posting in them. I've bought it to their attention before but they won't do anything about it. I'm not particularly inclined to start a new thread when an open discussion thread is right there, but I do still want to talk about the old WiiWare and VC games here.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

soma

Hey guys, couple of questions:

Do you recommend Driift Mania just for the single player? Maybe I'll have an occasional multiplayer game, but I mainly game alone.

Do you recommend Excitebike World Rally with no online? I was never a big fan of Excitebike, but this one looks more polished and I like it has ingame music.

Thanks!

soma

SKTTR

Driift Mania is more suited for multiplayer fun, but getting 1st place in the single player races is needed anyway to unlock all the vehicles and cups.
Excitebike is more suited for onlineplayer, but is a lot of fun offline as well. I believe you cannot unlock all the skins without the online mode.

soma

@SKTTR

Thanks for the answer! I decided Excitebike is a bit expensive, I'll wait for a Switch version instead. Driift Mania looks fun, I think I'll get that one.

I saw videos of Rush Rush Rally Racing, which looks similar to Driift Mania but better.... sadly it was never released in America

soma

SKTTR

@soma:

Yeah, I've reviewed RUSH RUSH RALLY RACING for WiiWare back then (on a different gaming site).

With super-fast-paced gameplay, smooth scrolling, great controllability, 4 player splitscreen, and tons of courses, unlockables, and achievements, this Dreamcast port got an 8/10 from me. Even 10 years later I can't find a better topdown racer on the Wii, Wii U or Switch.

Driift Mania has only single-screen racing (the wholeness of the small courses on one screen without scrolling). Both games are among the best racing games on WiiWare though (if you like Micro Machines and Super Off-Road), but my personal WiiWare racing highlights are MotoHeroz (10/10), Excitebike (9/10), and Art Style light trax (9/10).

Edited on by SKTTR

soma

@SKTTR

I already have some Art Style games, so I would prefer something different. Light Trax looks cool and is cheap, but I wish it had multiplayer.

I was never a big fan of Excitebike, but the WiiWare version looks really polished and fun. However is a bit expensive. I feel it's at that price because of the online, but now that the service is disabled it should be cheaper. I don't know, I hope they release a new one on the Switch with multiplayer.

I tried the demo of MoteHeroz, but honestly I didn't like it too much. I don't know what it is, but I just don't found it fun. Maybe the demo was crappy? One demo I tried is 3D Pixel Racing or something like that. I really liked it! Although the controls are kind of tough and need practice, I found it really fun and it's only 500 points.

I'm also thinking of getting a Balance Board and maybe Rock n Roll Climber, it looks interesting. Thanks a lot for your help!

soma

SKTTR

@soma That 3D Pixel Racing Demo I found to be absolutely uncontrollable. xD
Yeah, you're right, Excitebike lost some features, but it's still the best classic Excitebike experience , not counting different-gameplay-spinoffs like 64, Truck and Bots. I wouldn't like to pay full price either with the bigger features and unlockables now missing.

As for 4 players I thought Fast Racing League and TNT Racers were among the more decent WiiWare racers.
Fast Racing League was really advanced and good-looking at the time (but it evolved into a much better Fast Racing Neo on Wii U and then an even better Fast RMX on Switch).
TNT Racers was lots of fun, but again Wii U got a better-looking, full-content, DLC-included HD-version for a lower price.

MotoHeroz takes just a bit of time to get used to. Once you get the physics down it's one of the best and most fun racing games of all time. I cannot recommend it enough.
I have 140 WiiWare games. And only 5 of them I consider 10/10 masterpieces. MotoHeroz is probably the strongest 10/10 of them all. The other four are La-Mulana, Hydroventure, World of Goo, and FFCC: My Life as a King.

Edited on by SKTTR

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic