WiiWare Forum

Topic: WiiWare Recommendations Thread

Showing 661 to 677 of 677

AuthorMessage

luke17

661. Posted:

I think there are 35ish classrooms. The first 10 or so are pretty straight forward, but after that they get tough. I would say around 6ish hours, possibly more if you get stuck.

luke17

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

662. Posted:

Yeah, I hope I'll find the time to squeeze LIT in somewhere someday, but with Wii U's eShop getting great games lately I rarely add points to my Wii Shop account. Also, somehow The Tales of Bearsworth Manor games jumped into top priority spot, so if I ever get to add some points to my Wii I want to check them out first.

Instead of listing my games, I'm listing the few good and interesting one's I'm still missing in 5 categories:

1. "I can play them or have completed them at a friends Wii but I'd like to add them to my own collection some day"

• Adventure Island: The Beginning,
  • Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
  • Home Sweet Home
  • Konami Rebirth Series - Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth
  • Konami Rebirth Series - Contra ReBirth
  • Konami Rebirth Series - Gradius Rebirth

2. "Just for completeness sake"

• Frogger Hyper Arcade Edition (to wash out the foul smell of Frogger Returns)
  • FUN! FUN! Minigolf (last Shin'en game missing)
  • Sonic The Hedgehog 4 - Episode I (have all the main series S123&K on VC)
  • Toki Tori (own, completed and loved the sequel on Wii U)
  • Mega Man 9 & 10 (With Wii U I was able to get into the series)

3. "Games that are supposedly good, but I never gave em a chance anyway.. until now"

• Tales of Bearsworth Manor
  • LIT
  • Rage of the Gladiator
  • Vampire Crystals

4. "I want to try them even though they could be utter garbage"

• Babel Rising
  • Critter Round-Up
  • Dracula: Undead Awakening
  • Fenimore Fillmore: The Westerner
  • Fish Tank
  • Paper Wars: Cannon Fodder
  • Sabarasa's Protöthea
  • Sabarasa's Horizon Riders

And finally the special category called
5. "I really want it, but my Wii has not enough memory to run the complete game with all DLC"

• Mix Superstar

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

DarkEdi

663. Posted:

Horizon Riders i liked it. I played the demo and it had an update to use the nunchuk to move the character. I don´t think it is a bad game, try the demo (but it doesn´t has the updated control).

Wii U: edi_tena (please tell me you are from NintendoLife)
Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

AuthorMessage

Slayer

664. Posted:

I need to choose between Megaman 9 or Retro City Rampage... Oh, do I need help...

"When the men ran dry of ammunition, they used their blades. And when the
blades ran dull, they used their hands."
Elias, Call of Duty Ghosts
Accents I know: British
Accents I'm working on: Irish, Scottish

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

665. Posted:

DarkEdi wrote:

Horizon Riders i liked it. I played the demo and it had an update to use the nunchuk to move the character. I don´t think it is a bad game, try the demo (but it doesn´t has the updated control).

Unfortunately there is no Horizon Riders Demo out in EU.

About my new WiiWare games:

Fenimore Fillmore: The Westerner was ok, a 6/10 3D point&click adventure classic style, until the final battle! Then it ALWAYS crashes. No ending for me! I tried it 6 times, but this is one of the crashes where you have to unplug the Wii U, reload the game, and watch the unskippable 5 minute cutscene before the final fight every time. I tried hard, different approaches, but nothing worked. It's right before the ending!!!
Together with other gamebreaking glitches, a million horrible camera angles, a bad framerate, unpickable items, no voice overs, missing rooms and music (compared to the PC original), 100 blocks for save data, this goes from a slightly interesting game down to a broken mess.

Frogger Hyper Arcade Edition
1000pts is too much. This should be 500pts as it's still not perfect. (and Frogger Returns should be 100pts.) 20 challenges (some of them being extremely difficult) to unlock Castlevania-style is frustrating. 3 multiplayer modes for up to 4 players can be chaotic and fun though.

Fish Tank
Looks like a cheap flash game but is a neat fresh puzzler with BIT.TRIP BEAT controls, a few modes for up to 4 players, and plenty of achievements to unlock. Have played an hour or two. Worth a second look.

The Tales of Bearsworth Manor: Chaotic Conflicts
I got the other game as well (Puzzling Pages). Takes some time to get used to the fling mechanics but is kinda rewarding when you get it! Stages seem to get more interesting (and difficult) with each chapter. To complete it you need 20€ of DLC (14 bucks for new units and 6 for new chapters). Puzzling Pages has 21€ of DLC. That's 61€ for the whole package which seems like a ripoff. Same strategy that SQUARE ENIX applied to My Life as a Darklord: Give players the option to make the game easier (cheating for money). Stuff like that should be ingame rewards, not paid DLC. I didn't want to support these cheap tactics anymore, but when I found a 40% off deal on points cards and got some recommendations, I gave those bears a chance.

Edited on by SKTTR

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

DarkEdi

666. Posted:

The Fenimore glitch only happened in your Wii U or it is present in Wii too? If so maybe there are other games that presents changes when are transfered. Only supposing.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

667. Posted:

I downloaded Fillmore after the Wii U transfer and offTVupdate directly to Wii U, so I never got to try it on my old Wii.
I'm quite sure it has nothing to do with the Wii U.

For me, the game is just broken at the moment.
The WiiWare version seemingly never went through quality check.

I'll have to redo that final section of the game with my Wii U set in a different language before my final verdict.
I experienced that some games freeze at certain sections only when played in a certain language.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

DarkEdi

668. Posted:

Nice idea, tell us if that worked. I didn´t know the language could affect the game to do it glitchy. :)

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

669. Posted:

yeah i switched to English language and the game didn'tcrash anymore. well it still crashed, but after the credits.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

Gold

670. Posted:

SKTTR wrote:

yeah i switched to English language and the game didn'tcrash anymore. well it still crashed, but after the credits.

You revived the WiiWare thread! Congratulations!

Smash Bros. 4 Most Wanted (IMO)
1. Slime
2. Shulk
3. Rayman
4. Wonder Red
5. Mii

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3465-6223 | Nintendo Network ID: Gold471

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

671. Posted:

Yoho, it's still alive. ^^

Playing La-Mulana at the moment.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

672. Posted:

So how's Cave story? does it live up to the hype? :P

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

673. Posted:

CountWavula wrote:

It's worth it for the soundtrack alone. It has a great soundtest, 2 versions of each music track.
I always come back to it.

But since you ask, it is overhyped yes. It's a great game for sure, but I expected more than a 12 hour quest. (It's replayable for different endings though)
Now that you know it's not a very long or epic action adventure, guess you're ready for it.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

OMC79

674. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

It's a great game but just for the soundtrack alone you'll do better with the FREE PC version. The updated graphics and sound in the WiiWare version don't add up much (graphically is not very noticeable) and those 1200 NP are only worth if you really want to play it on your TV. La Mulana is indeed worth the price despite also being free for PC, everything is updated for real.

OMC79

AuthorMessage

brooks83

675. Posted:

I have a feeling WiiWare titles are gonna start dissapearing from the Wii shop soon, so I think I am going to pick up any games I feel I may regret not buying one day. Can anyone tell me if Blaster Master Overdrive is worth the 10 bucks? From the gameplay videos it looks a little bland, but WiiWare is literally the only platform the game is available on, so I don't want to miss out on this game altogether if it's decent.

brooks83

AuthorMessage

DarkEdi

676. Posted:

Yes, Blaster Master of Wiiware is great, if you like the NES or GBC versions you may like this too.

Another good wiiware games are all Rebirth Konami games and Hudson wiiware games.

AuthorMessage

brooks83

677. Posted:

I'm really enjoying Bobby Carrot Forever. It's a very charming puzzle game that reminds me of Adventures of Lolo. I will probably get all the DLC for it as well. The DLC has been unfairly called a ripoff, but I don't think it is. The main game has 6 worlds for the $8 price, and each $5 DLC pack gives you six more worlds. It all depends on how much you like the game, of course, but each DLC pack gives you just as much content as the original game for $3 less.

brooks83