WiiWare Forum

Topic: WiiWare Recommendations Thread

Showing 621 to 640 of 678

AuthorMessage

Chuie

621. Posted:

toki tori ;)

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

622. Posted:

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

@DarkEdi,

I'd get airport mania but I already have both version's of the games for my 3ds & dsi. Sorry... Is the wiiware one any different or about the same in content & gameplay?

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

The WiiWare version has I think 80+ stages and I heard the DS versions has less. I don't know about the differences but it always seemed awkward to me to play this on DS because you can't touch the airplanes on the top screen. Also thanks to the bigger screen on the Wii it doesn't feel cluttered and I think objects are easier to pick. A big plus for multiplayer fans is that you can play the WiiWare version with up to 4 players cooperatively at any time in any level.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

Stereoman

623. Posted:

Castlevania Rebirth Yes or No
im in a castlevania fever atm and noticed i got money left on my Wii.

So the question is Castlevania Rebirth worth it ? I bought Contra Rebirth which is too from konami. And personally i think contra rebirth was utter crap. Even those chinese contras for nes seemed better oO
And yes i like retro and classical gameplay. I loved Rondo of Blood and Contra4.
So what are your thoughts?

Stereoman

AuthorMessage

Omega

624. Posted:

Why do you think that Contra Rebirth is utter crap? It is designed to be reminiscent to Super Probotector (aka Contra III: The Alien wars). I would say Castlevania Rebirth is reminiscent to Super Castevania IV. No RPG elements, without frills, just the pure action.

Ωɱɛɡɑ

AuthorMessage

Stereoman

625. Posted:

Omega wrote:

Why do you think that Contra Rebirth is utter crap? It is designed to be reminiscent to Super Probotector (aka Contra III: The Alien wars). I would say Castlevania Rebirth is reminiscent to Super Castevania IV. No RPG elements, without frills, just the pure action.

i say that because its crap. Hands down contra3 alien wars is the second best contra after contra4. But Rebirth was a bad joke seriously. Graphical style was inferior, anime style is not fitting for the contra franchise, weapons were less interesting, blurry visuals do i have to go on ?
So rebirth is more like super castlevania4 ? Its not more like rondo of blood ? :/

Stereoman

AuthorMessage

Omega

626. Posted:

Super Castlevania IV, Rondo of Blood and Dracula X (on the SNES) are very similar in my opinion. They're all old school 16-bit style castlevanias without the RPG elements of newer installments.

Though I can't see why you think that Contra Rebirth has an inferior graphic style than Contra III. Maybe you have a very delicate flavor. In the end you might think that Castlevania Rebirth does not look as good as Rondo of Blood. I would suggest checking out some YouTube videos first before buying.

I personally think that Castlevania Rebirth was very enjoyable and worth the money. But I enjoyed Contra Rebirth as well. So this may not mean much.

Ωɱɛɡɑ

AuthorMessage

Emaan

627. Posted:

What are the MUST HAVE Wii Ware games?

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Xyphon22

628. Posted:

I asked for some recommendations on some games on the Wii board based on demos I enjoyed (And Yet it Moves, Art of Balance, Dive:Medes Island, Jett Rocket, Max & the Magic Marker, NyxQuest. Also Mega Man 10 - I like Mega Man and already have MM9, I just don't know if I'd rather have a different experience rather than another Mega Man), but I found some more I am interested in and thought I'd put them here since I'm just asking WiiWare this time.
Bobby Carrot Forever - looks like Chip's Challenge which is an awesome game
Phoenix Wright - played the 2nd one (Justice for All?) on DS, but that's all I've played. This is cheaper than I can get on DS, but is it right that it's missing some content?
Any of the Art Style games - I don't know much about the individual titles other than they're all supposed to be great. Any recommendations.
Any of the ReBirth games, including Blaster Master: Overdrive
Toki Tori - think I'll get it on 3DS, is there any reason to get this version instead?
Liight, Tomena Sanner, EscapeVektor - think I'll just wait for the full 3ds version of this.

So would anybody recommend or absolutely not recommend any of these? Thanks.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

AuthorMessage

GeminiSaint

629. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

There's no definite answer to that. It varies from person to person.
Personally, I'd say Cave Story, La-Mulana, Mega Man 9, Mega Man 10, Lostwind 1 & 2 are all must-have.

GeminiSaint

AuthorMessage

iphys

630. Posted:

I can recommend And Yet It Moves, Liight, and Tomena Sanner. I personally didn't like Art of Balance though.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

Noob_The_Third

631. Posted:

GeminiSaint wrote:

Emaan wrote:

There's no definite answer to that. It varies from person to person.
Personally, I'd say Cave Story, La-Mulana, Mega Man 9, Mega Man 10, Lostwind 1 & 2 are all must-have.

I'd say those games and World of Goo

Noob_The_Third

AuthorMessage

Drobotic

632. Posted:

Should I get Onslaught even though I heard that the online mode is dead?

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,MLP:FiM,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: Bubblenom

AuthorMessage

DarkCoolEdge

633. Posted:

Xyphon22 wrote:

I asked for some recommendations on some games on the Wii board based on demos I enjoyed (And Yet it Moves, Art of Balance, Dive:Medes Island, Jett Rocket, Max & the Magic Marker, NyxQuest. Also Mega Man 10 - I like Mega Man and already have MM9, I just don't know if I'd rather have a different experience rather than another Mega Man), but I found some more I am interested in and thought I'd put them here since I'm just asking WiiWare this time.
Bobby Carrot Forever - looks like Chip's Challenge which is an awesome game
Phoenix Wright - played the 2nd one (Justice for All?) on DS, but that's all I've played. This is cheaper than I can get on DS, but is it right that it's missing some content?
Any of the Art Style games - I don't know much about the individual titles other than they're all supposed to be great. Any recommendations.
Any of the ReBirth games, including Blaster Master: Overdrive
Toki Tori - think I'll get it on 3DS, is there any reason to get this version instead?
Liight, Tomena Sanner, EscapeVektor - think I'll just wait for the full 3ds version of this.

So would anybody recommend or absolutely not recommend any of these? Thanks.

NyxQuest is great and it will take you a while to complete (not finish).
Dive is good but not incredible and slow paced.
I will not recommend Max, it was a letdown for me.
3DS' toki tori is the gbc version. WiiWare's is better

Currently playing: check my backloggery
Next buys:
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter: darkcooledge

AuthorMessage

Xyphon22

634. Posted:

Thanks for the info. Since these are games you can't trade in when you're done, I would like ones with replay and length, so I might go with NyxQuest.

Xyphon22

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

635. Posted:

@Xyphon22 AYIM is a very short game. I love it to death and I think it's best on the Wii. But you'll probably beat it in four hours. Is that worth the price? It does have extra speed run modes and achievements if you're into that.

Sounds like you're Mega Manned out. I know the feeling. That said, I have Mega Man 10 and I really love it. It's a short game too, but it has multiple characters and varying difficulties. You'll want play them all to see everything Mega Man 10 has to offer. It has achievements and challenge modes too and they're more fun than I initially thought they'd be.

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Xyphon22

636. Posted:

Yeah I put a lot of time into Mega Man 9 with all the challenges and everything, and it has been a very long time since I've played it, so I might give 10 a go. And I've played both the demo of AYIM and a little more on my computer, so I might pass on that one since I've played some and wasn't blown away by it.

Xyphon22

AuthorMessage

GeminiSaint

637. Posted:

Xyphon22 wrote:

I would like ones with replay and length.

In that case La-Mulana is the game you want.
It's easily the longest, most extensive game on WiiWare, and it's very replayable too, thanks to the many different routes you can take (I'm on my 3rd playthrough right now).

GeminiSaint

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

638. Posted:

I thought NyxQuest was a great game with beautiful stages, interesting puzzles, good controls and excellent soundtrack and atmosphere, but with only 3 hours to beat and 5 hours to complete (for 100% collectibles) I found it very short for a 1000pts game. All of this can be said about Lost Winds 1 & 2 and And Yet It Moves too.

As for the other 1000pts games you mentioned, Max & the Magic Marker and Dive The Medes Islands Secret - despite being interesting games - felt unpolished and frustrating with their many glitches.

Jett Rocket was the perfect 10 hour blast for the 1000pts imo (7h to beat / 10h to complete). All around great game, reminded me a lot of Super Mario 64 and 3D platformers in general. Cave Story is another "good price for content"-one, but personally I was disappointed it took me only 8hours to beat. I thought it was a much longer game. Anima Ark of Sinners was also of same length and kinda exciting but lacking something.

Robox (took me 38h to complete) and La-Mulana (still working on it, spent more than 40 hours on it already) and Hydroventure (30 hours to complete) were probably my best "Metroidvania/platformadventure" experiences on WiiWare.

And yes, I recommend all the Art Style games, just pick up what you think you like.
And no, I don't recommend the ReBirth series (though Contra ReBirth is ok. I'd rather have NES graphics with SNES gameplay than the other way around.
and Blaster Master Overdrive is bland and lifeless and frustrating and not even on par with the NES version.

The WiiWare versions of the Phoenix Wright games are just like the DS games. They're not even ports, they're emulated (with a few minor additions).

No, don't get Onslaught. It's a bad idea. Some horrible control decisions for a FPS, a very generic and bland and short solo campaign, and the online multiplayer is lacking in each and every regard (not even stats tracking, etc.).

Edited on by SKTTR

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

RainbowCrasher

639. Posted:

any decent 500 point games???

"Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

640. Posted:

Airport Mania: First Flight
Flowerworks: Follie's Adventure