WiiWare Forum

Topic: WiiWare Recommendations Thread

Showing 581 to 600 of 678

AuthorMessage
Avatar

iphys

581. Posted:

Yes, and 150 coins is a steal for it. If I hadn't already bought this, I definitely wouldn't pass it up, but I also have quite a few CN coins, so I'm not worried about having coins for next month. If I only had enough coins for one game, I'd probably hold off just in case something more amazing comes along next month, unless you know that you've already downloaded every Nintendo game you could possibly prefer to this one.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bub166

582. Posted:

I have hardly any VC/WiiWare games, and I only have 200 coins right now. I do, however, plan on getting a 3DS and at least four games (plus some eShop games) that will be able to be registered. Thing is, I was previously saving for Hanafuda cards, and now I want the Zelda 25th Anniversary posters. So it'll still be about 200 if I go for the posters. :/

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SKTTR

583. Posted:

How much is 150 coins? It seems to me that you get away much better with it than spending 1200 Wii Points on it. Maybe a good chance for everyone who was on the fence before.

Personally, these were the best 1200 pts I spent on the Wii Shop. In fact Hydroventure/Fluidity is the cheapest 10/10 game on WiiWare. My other three 10/10 games (World of Goo, Life as a King and MotoHeroz) were all 1500pts.

I'd try this addictive physics-based 30-hour game if you're into adventure-puzzle-platformers and if 150 coins is a good deal.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KaiserGX

584. Posted:

150 is a steal man, you don't even know how bad of a steal it is. I mean it's 3 Wii games to register but compared to everything else price wise.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bub166

585. Posted:

SKTTR wrote:

How much is 150 coins? It seems to me that you get away much better with it than spending 1200 Wii Points on it. Maybe a good chance for everyone who was on the fence before.

Personally, these were the best 1200 pts I spent on the Wii Shop. In fact Hydroventure/Fluidity is the cheapest 10/10 game on WiiWare. My other three 10/10 games (World of Goo, Life as a King and MotoHeroz) were all 1500pts.

I'd try this addictive physics-based 30-hour game if you're into adventure-puzzle-platformers and if 150 coins is a good deal.

30 hours? Are you sure? I've heard there were only like 4 levels or something.

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Burny

586. Posted:

bub166 wrote:

30 hours? Are you sure? I've heard there were only like 4 levels or something.

30 hours seems a bit exaggerated, but if you get obsessive with mini-games and want to complete everything while taking your time, it's probably possible. It's a very beefy game for WiiWare.

It doesn't have 4 "levels", it's more like four areas. Think about the main areas in Metroid games. They consist of multiple rooms each, all will gradually become accessible when you gather new abilities. There is also a large amount of things to collect, often trickily hidden. The best comparison would be Metroid with a splash of water as main character. It's absolutely worth it! :)

Edited on by Burny

"I kill Gandalf." Igor - Dork Tower

Nintendo Network ID: BurnyBurns

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bub166

587. Posted:

Burny wrote:

bub166 wrote:

30 hours? Are you sure? I've heard there were only like 4 levels or something.

30 hours seems a bit exaggerated, but if you get obsessive with mini-games and want to complete everything while taking your time, it's probably possible. It's a very beefy game for WiiWare.

It doesn't have 4 "levels", it's more like four areas. Think about the main areas in Metroid games. They consist of multiple rooms each, all will gradually become accessible when you gather new abilities. There is also a large amount of things to collect, often trickily hidden. The best comparison would be Metroid with a splash of water as main character. It's absolutely worth it! :)

Wow, long, physics-based, and similar to Metroid. I swear, if they release something better next month, I will implode. But for now, this sounds like a great game.

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SKTTR

588. Posted:

bub166 wrote:

SKTTR wrote:

How much is 150 coins? It seems to me that you get away much better with it than spending 1200 Wii Points on it. Maybe a good chance for everyone who was on the fence before.

Personally, these were the best 1200 pts I spent on the Wii Shop. In fact Hydroventure/Fluidity is the cheapest 10/10 game on WiiWare. My other three 10/10 games (World of Goo, Life as a King and MotoHeroz) were all 1500pts.

I'd try this addictive physics-based 30-hour game if you're into adventure-puzzle-platformers and if 150 coins is a good deal.

30 hours? Are you sure? I've heard there were only like 4 levels or something.

I've completed this in 29 hours and 5 minutes (minigames not included) so yeah for me it's a 30h game. If you just want to beat it you can do it faster.

And yes, it's 4 pretty big areas, with lots of stuff to find, hidden areas and item collection Metroid-style, full of ingenious puzzles and gameplay elements, and 89 missions (similar to the 120 stars in Super Mario 64).
It combines a high level of innovation, polish, content and fun at only 12 bucks, and as such is a perfect 10 in my book.

Edited on by SKTTR

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamesake

589. Posted:

iphys wrote:

150 coins is a steal for it.

I like Fluidity too and I love that Club Nintendo is finally giving us real incentives to register our games, but it is in no way a steal. 150 coins is approximately $150 worth of registered merchandise. So if you give Nintendo $150, they'll give you $12 back. That's not a steal, but it is better than a tote bag.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bub166

590. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

iphys wrote:

150 coins is a steal for it.

I like Fluidity too and I love that Club Nintendo is finally giving us real incentives to register our games, but it is in no way a steal. 150 coins is approximately $150 worth of registered merchandise. So if you give Nintendo $150, they'll give you $12 back. That's not a steal, but it is better than a tote bag.

Compared to paying 400 dollars to posters that would probably be 5 bucks a piece at Wal-Mart. :/

It's hard to say that either way though. They don't HAVE to give us anything. It's not spending 150 dollars for a 12 dollar game, because the 150 dollars you spent were actually on full games that were probably worth the cost if you were willing to buy it for that price. It's just a way of getting a bigger output than your input, and I love it. I think it's better than the other games available.

Anyways, I did buy the game, and I'm loving it. I can hardly see my water droplets that separate on my tiny screen, so it's really hard, but it still manages to be fun. I'm surprised at how much like Metroid it actually is, and that is by no means a bad thing. I love how you're collecting Rainbow Drops to open doors that require a certain amount, it reminds me of spending hours getting stars in SM64. I really hope something better doesn't come out next month, but this seems like a game I'll be playing for a while.

EDIT: @SKTTR, I didn't notice your post before I made mine. That's funny that you described it in the same way that I did. :P

Anyways, I've always liked physics. I'm thinking of going into theoretical physics, actually. So a good physics-based challenge is always great in my book.

Edited on by bub166

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nintenbro

591. Posted:

Is there any DLC available for TNT Racers yet? I was actually giving this game some consideration, but I don't want to be let down by a lack of DLC like Moto Heroz. Adverstising any game as having DLC is definitely a selling point and shouldn't be disregarded.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Urbanhispanic

592. Posted:

If there were two WiiWare games I would recommend, it would be Castlevania ReBirth and Texas Hold' Em Poker. :)

Edited on by Urbanhispanic

Proud owner of a Wii, Wii U and 3DS.

Ask me about the games I own :)

3DS Friend Code: 4597-0422-2431 | Nintendo Network ID: Bx_Lounger

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ADaviii

593. Posted:

I would say to get Bomberman Blast. It's such a fun little game to just pop in and play alone, locally, and online (there are still people that do play this game online)!

Also, Pop and Defend Your Castle are fun games to just pass the time with. They may not get the high review scores, but I loved them!

Be kind to yourself and to others.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SKTTR

594. Posted:

Just a little recommendation for TORIBASH - Violence Perfected which I now started to play online (it´s still active).

It´s a physics&round-based online fighting choreography simulator.

It´s probably the most realistic fighter ever made: you can choose the parts and muscles of the body you want to move and use. Matrix style air fighting is possible, just as well as Wrestling, Judo, Capoeira, Karate, and just everything. If you don´t like the fighting aspect you can make your character dance, doing somersaults, or... well... make love (and save and share funny replays).
After some fiddling around you´ll find unlimited depth in this game.
And if you decide to fight this can be more brutal and satisfying than any Mortal Kombat. With lots of bodyliquids and parts flying around.

Bottom line: Best fighter on Wii. (Well, next to Brawl) And just 10 bucks.

Edited on by SKTTR

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkEdi

595. Posted:

I always wanted a demo of Toribash.

Wii U: edi_tena (please tell me you are from NintendoLife)
Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

AuthorMessage
Avatar

black-kyurem

596. Posted:

Hey NLife! I'm looking for some core/hardcore games to download to my Wii(WiiWare and Virtual Console). Any recommendations?

black-kyurem

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

597. Posted:

black-kyurem wrote:

Hey NLife! I'm looking for some core/hardcore games to download to my Wii(WiiWare and Virtual Console). Any recommendations?

Castlevannia and FF2 TA should fit that bill.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SKTTR

598. Posted:

I don't understand the question. What is a core game again?

Something challenging, adventurous, rather dark themed?
Try Robox, Anima: Ark of Sinners, World of Goo, LIT, or Rage of the Gladiator.

Something deep you can lose hours into?
FFCC My Life as a King, Military Madness Nectaris.

Blood and alien splatter inclusive online (that every real CORE!!!!1 game needs)?
TORIBASH: Violence Perfected and Onslaught!

Retro Racing and Laser Light Speed Sci-Fi Boosting?
RUSH RUSH RALLY RACING, Art Style light trax and FAST Racing League.

Do you want more core?

Edited on by SKTTR

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

599. Posted:

thank you for saying that, Guy Whose Name Lacks Vowels

I've been trying to not get angry at someone using the term "core games" unironically

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage
Avatar

iphys

600. Posted:

I would say the Bit.Trip games, Lilt Line, Art Style light trax, Contra Rebirth, and Rage of the Gladiator are about as hard-core as you're going to get on WiiWare.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh