WiiWare Forum

Topic: WiiWare Recommendations Thread

Showing 561 to 580 of 677

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

561. Posted:

WiiAboutU wrote:

Thanks @SKTTR, I'll probably get something else if Mr. D isn't something you'd want to give your all everytime you crack it open. Or did I misinterpret what you ment by short bursts @SKTTR?
On the other hand guys, I did the deed and purchased Aya and the Cubes. I'll let you all know what I think after I've given it a go. (<:

I meant to say Mr. DRILLER is a game I wouldn't play for hours at a time. When I played this, I tried to beat one round each session. Since this game has some challenging missions later on, it's rewarding enough to beat just one level at a time.

I needed to play something else in between, because the game is quite exciting with digging thousands of metres deep and all those falling blocks coming after you, and it's a little frustrating when something hits you on the head on the last few meters, or when the randomness of the blocks keep you from collecting a lifesaving AIR-item.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

562. Posted:

@SKTTR, if I were to purchase 2000 Wii points, I could download Mr. D and still have 1200 points left. So how would you spend the rest of the points if you were to purchase a VC title/titles? On the other hand, I've been contemplating on Moto Heroz and so I'd have 500 points left. Would you say Kirby's Adventure would be the best choice for overall replay/production value?
Side note: I completed the original Kirby's Dreamland way back in '92, so I would enjoy experiencing the second installment in the series. (<:

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

563. Posted:

As fun as it is, there are VC games with more replay value than Kirby's Adventure IMO.

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

564. Posted:

There's an NES title with more replay/production value than Kirby's Adventure? I ment in the 500 point range @KnucklesSonic8. Sorry, I geuss I wasn't clear enough. (<:

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

565. Posted:

WiiAboutU wrote:

@SKTTR, if I were to purchase 2000 Wii points, I could download Mr. D and still have 1200 points left. So how would you spend the rest of the points if you were to purchase a VC title/titles? On the other hand, I've been contemplating on Moto Heroz and so I'd have 500 points left. Would you say Kirby's Adventure would be the best choice for overall replay/production value?
Side note: I completed the original Kirby's Dreamland way back in '92, so I would enjoy experiencing the second installment in the series. (<:

I'd buy MotoHeroz because that's one I'm interested in, plus I don't have it in any other form (unlike Mr. DRILLER which I have on DS).

Kirby's Adventure is a good 500pts spend, but I like Kirby's Dreamland 3 (SNES, 800/900pts) and Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (1000pts) much more. My Kirby games need to be colorful, and the NES version is lacking in that regard. The SNES and N64 sequels have more puzzles, secrets, levels, challenges, and multiplayer (co-op and minigames respectively) on top of that. That said, Kirby (NES) is still good value for 500pts. Gets a 7/10 from me. The other two (KDL3 and K64TCS) are 8/10. And do I need to talk about Kirby's Fun Pak aka Super Star which is the best Kirby game for most? It's my favourite too (9/10). So that's 3 Kirby games on the VC I would recommend over Kirby's Adventure.

I would recommend other 500 pts games over Kirby's Adventure too. The 3 Master System Wonder Boy games (500pts) are great platformer-adventure series. Especially WB3: The Dragon's Trap. It's one of the best 500pts I've ever spent in the Wii Shop.

Since you like niche puzzlers, I have some unique personal favs I like to recommend to you, like Wrecking Crew (100 stages + level editor), Wario's Woods (100 levels + multiplayer), Solomon's Key (NES/Arcade puzzle platformer with 50 stages and unlimited continues). They're all quite unique and have lots of content that makes those 500pts seem like a bargain.

Also I found both StarTropics games shouldn't be passed up by action-adventure fans. They're just 500pts each after all and they were (each) worth a week of challenge, exploring and adventuring.
The only thing I feel needs a mention are the final bosses in the StarTropics and Wonder Boy games: They can be pretty difficult.

And before I forget: Kid Icarus, a platformer/adventure I never played before, but came to love when I downloaded it on the Wii. It's difficult in the beginning but gets easier as you equip new stuff and get stronger.

I'd get MotoHeroz instead of Mr. DRILLER W. And for the 500pts I'd try one of the Wonder Boy's or Solomon's Key if one of these appeal to you.

With the latest WiiWare removals, I'd buy WiiWare games first - you never know if they're going to delete Mr. DRILLER tomorrow. It's a pain lately to set up gaming money priorities. :P

I know you have Max&the Magic Marker, And Yet It Moves, World of Goo and other games, but what about NyxQuest? LostWinds 1&2? Phoenix Wright 123? FFCC My Life as a King? Bonsai Barber, Flowerworks, Art Styles, Excitebike World Rally, Cave Story?
Have you tried any of these? All remarkable experiences for me and there's still more I'd recommend. Later. After you catch-up on a few of these.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

566. Posted:

What's Kirby Super Star all about @SKTTR? I've been contemplating Moto Heroz, but I've been informed that it's enjoyable, but not worth the premium price tag attached to it. There's something about the Wonder Boy titles that's a turn off for me. I also have Kid Icuras in my VC collection. So if I did purchase Moto Heroz, I'd most likely press for Kirby's Adventure. Wrecking crew seems a little too simple for me. I've played the freeware version of Cave Story, but never put too much effort into it though. So I'm still a little undecided here.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

567. Posted:

WiiAboutU wrote:

What's Kirby Super Star all about @SKTTR? I've been contemplating Moto Heroz, but I've been informed that it's enjoyable, but not worth the premium price tag attached to it. There's something about the Wonder Boy titles that's a turn off for me. I also have Kid Icuras in my VC collection. So if I did purchase Moto Heroz, I'd most likely press for Kirby's Adventure. Wrecking crew seems a little too simple for me. I've played the freeware version of Cave Story, but never put too much effort into it though. So I'm still a little undecided here.

Kirby Super Star has a collection of different stories that slightly alter the way of playing a Kirby game - one story is pretty fast paced Kirby action, one is a treasure hunt: an explorers and puzzlers adventure, another one is a race, and there's co-op (that is better than the co-op in KDL3) and fun minigames for 2 players (that are better than the ones in K64).

It's a shame that Wonder Boy doesn't have more fans. Maybe it has something to do with the inconsistency of the series? First was a straight forward arcade-platformer, second was a unique arcade action-adventure, third removed the aracde aspect and formed a true platformer action-adventure, fourth was a run&gun/shmup mix, fifth (Wonder Boy in Monster World) was a combination of the best ideas in the series packed into another great action-adventure/jump&run, and sixth was Wonder Girl. Or is it because the hero looks different in every game? Trivial.
Anyway, thinking about the series the beautiful soundtrack comes to mind. Well, ok, the first one is different to say the least, but still, I always thought of that repeating cheery theme as iconic, just like Bubble Bobble's repeating theme. Anyway, these games have great graphics and controls too. 1 3 and 5 are my favs. I've yet to play Wonder Girl (Monster World IV) which is announced for VC release.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

y0ss4ri4n

568. Posted:

Puzzle fans should try the Rubik's Puzzle Galaxy game. It's pretty good and a mere 600 points.

y0ss4ri4n

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

569. Posted:

I would definitely recommend Aya and the Cubes of Light to puzzler fans as well @yoss4ri4n. You can read my thoughts on the matter in the impressions thread I've created. (<:

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

570. Posted:

Wow, nobody would recommend Burn the Rope or Mr. Driller W? Well, how about 3D Pixel Racing then?

Edited on by WiiAboutU

AuthorMessage

Birdman

571. Posted:

WiiAboutU wrote:

Wow, nobody would recommend Burn the Rope or Mr. Driller W? Well, how about 3D Pixel Racing then?

There's a demo of it that's currently available on the Wii Shop Channel. That should be all you need.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

Birdman

572. Posted:

Me again. I have my choice of a 500 point WiiWare game to be gifted to me for getting second place in a Backloggery contest, so I'm trying to decide between EscapeVektor, lilt line or Tomena Sanner on WiiWare, or, from the NES VC, either Adventures of Lolo game, Punch-Out!! w/ Mr. Dream, or Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom. Any suggestions?

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

longtimegamer

573. Posted:

Has anyone here played 101 in One explosive megamix for wiiware? I've been trying to find out if this game has more than one save file.

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOUP FOR YOU!" the Soup Nazi

AuthorMessage

longtimegamer

574. Posted:

Ok.... no one bought it huh?

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOUP FOR YOU!" the Soup Nazi

AuthorMessage

koops330

575. Posted:

what should i get I have some extra wii points and im think of getting some games?

right now i've been looking at getting ff 4 the after story or ffcc my life as a king

out of those two what do you recommend and if i get one of them should i get the dlc if i have spare points

also if i shouldn't get either of them what game should i get

I have about 2000 points I believe

"Hope for the best expect the worst"

AuthorMessage

Mahe

576. Posted:

koops330 wrote:

what should i get I have some extra wii points and im think of getting some games?

right now i've been looking at getting ff 4 the after story or ffcc my life as a king

FFCC: My Life as a Darklord is vastly better, and it only costs 1000 points. There's also plenty of useful DLC for Darklord. My Life as a King is good too, but not as good as Darklord.

Hope there's a review for Paper Wars: Cannon Fodder soon.

Mahe

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

577. Posted:

I have to disagree with Mahe — I have My Life as a Darklord, dropped another $20-some on DLC for it just to get through the game, and hated most of it. It gets horribly tedious and you honestly cannot get through to the end without purchasing DLC, which should've been a warning sign to me in the first place IMO. only go for Darklord if you are a die-hard fan of tower-defense games... if you're just looking around for something fun and could go either way on a TD game, avoid Darklord and go for My Life as a King instead.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

koops330

578. Posted:

I already had FFCC My life as a Darklord beat it but I never thought the dlc was worth it so that why I was wondering about FFCC My life as a king and FF 4 the after years

I am still trying to decided right now but out of what I heard FFCC my life as a king seems better then the after years so I might get that

Edited on by koops330

"Hope for the best expect the worst"

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

579. Posted:

I liked FFCC My Life as the King the best of them five Final Fantasy games on WW.

These are my ratings:

10/10 FFCC My Life as a King (with all DLC)
09/10 FFCC My Life as a King (without DLC)

8/10 Final Fantasy IV: The After Years (with all DLC)
7/10 Final Fantasy IV: The After Years (without DLC)

4/10 FFCC My Life as a Darklord (with all DLC)
7/10 FFCC My Life as a Darklord (without DLC)

7/10 Crystal Defenders R1
7.1/10 Crystal Defenders R2

Edited on by SKTTR

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

bub166

580. Posted:

Well, Fluidity is available on Club Nintendo now. It looks fun enough, but with the roster of games changing every month, I'm afraid something much better will be available next month. Is it any good?

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.