WiiWare Forum

Topic: WiiWare Recommendations Thread

Showing 541 to 560 of 677

AuthorMessage

OverlordMao

541. Posted:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Well, downloaded Cave Story yesterday, and I could barely stop playing it. The fun of getting new guns, each of them having upgradeable abilities, combined with the charm of the retro graphics and gameplay makes this a hard one to put down. I'm definitely enjoying it so far, so thanks for the recommendation OverlordMao!

Heh, no problem. I'm really glad ya like it. Glad to see more people finally giving the game the full try and seeing that they love it like I did when it came out on wiiware :D

Why do astronauts backtrack?
They forgot the Space Jump Boots.

AuthorMessage

Modo7

542. Posted:

I have 600 points... Which of these titles would you choose to purchase and why?

• Art Style (Orbient, Rotohex or Cubello)
  • Flowerworks (Nice reviews, but the screenshoots look weird...)
  • Robocalypse Beaver Defense
  • Any other except Bit Trip that I already owns

Thanks

Modo7

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

543. Posted:

I highly recommend Flowerworks. It's still one of the most rewarding (not to mention lengthy) games I've played on WiiWare. Robocalypse Beaver Defense isn't a bad choice, but you could do better IMO. Also, have you purchased Art Style: light trax? Both that and Cubello are great games. :)

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

544. Posted:

I like the look of Kyotokei but I'm unsure of it because of the comparisons to Ikaruga as that game looks too hard for me. How is the difficulty in it? Also, how long is it?

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Modo7

545. Posted:

KnucklesSonic8 wrote:

I highly recommend Flowerworks. It's still one of the most rewarding (not to mention lengthy) games I've played on WiiWare. Robocalypse Beaver Defense isn't a bad choice, but you could do better IMO. Also, have you purchased Art Style: light trax? Both that and Cubello are great games. :)

I already have Light Trax (and Rotozoa) but not Cubello. I don't want any Bit Trip as I'll purchase Bit Trip Complete.

Thanks for the comment, I'm not very sure but I think I'll go for Flowerworks.

Modo7

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

546. Posted:

You're welcome! Please let me know if you do end up buying it. It may seem a bit slow at first but it gets so much better later on.

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

547. Posted:

Can no one answer my kyotokei query?

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

548. Posted:

I second Flowerworks and the Art Style games - especially CUBELLO and ORBIENT.
CUBELLO is just right for 600pts, ORBIENT and Flowerworks provide more than neccessary for their price point.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

549. Posted:

These are the WiiWare titles I currently own and would recommend to others.
1) World of Goo
2) Fluidity
3) Max and the Magic Marker
4) Art of Balance
5) And Yet it Moves
6) Bobby Carrot Forever
7) FAST: Racing League

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage

OverlordMao

550. Posted:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

Kyotokei, while basically an exact clone of Ikaruga, is stil a fairly alright game. It's a good bullet hell game on WiiWare, and it's only 5 bucks. I'd only recommend it if you're a fan of the genre though. Outside of its gameplay, the presentation is really lacking in my opinion. 6/10
Go ahead, if you want it :)

Why do astronauts backtrack?
They forgot the Space Jump Boots.

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

551. Posted:

For anyone who requires many hours of use from their WiiMotes, I would definitely recommend purchasing some Sanyo eneloop AA rechargeable batteries. They hold a charge for over 3 years and can be recharged up to 1500X. A much better alternative compared to anything else currently on the market and 4 AA batteries w/charger only set me back $19.10¢
The rechargeable battery pack I'm currently using only has 500 mAh and the Sanyo's I'll be receiving are 2000 mAh. (<:

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

552. Posted:

I'm a real big fan of the niche puzzler genre and would like to know if "Mr. Driller W" is as fun and addictive as it seems to be. Also, has anyone purchased "Aya and the Cubes of Light" yet? I'd really like to know if it's worth the $10 price tag.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

553. Posted:

WiiAboutU wrote:

I'm a real big fan of the niche puzzler genre and would like to know if "Mr. Driller W" is as fun and addictive as it seems to be. Also, has anyone purchased "Aya and the Cubes of Light" yet? I'd really like to know if it's worth the $10 price tag.

I can only speak for Mr. DRILLER DS (Drill Spirits). It is a fairly entertaining (simple but challenging) puzzle game. Thanks to its randomness in the level design you can always come back to it and always get a new challenge (in a way it's like Tetris). I'm still on the fence about the WiiWare version since I already have it on DS and I don't know if the WW version has something exclusive that's not available in the DS version that makes it worth it. Maybe splitscreen multiplayer...? Hm, don't know.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

554. Posted:

Personally, I didn't enjoy Mr. Driller W as much as I thought I would. (It was my first time being exposed to the series.) I didn't feel it was worth $8. Others may have more positive things to say about the game, though.

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

555. Posted:

OverlordMao wrote:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

Kyotokei, while basically an exact clone of Ikaruga, is stil a fairly alright game. It's a good bullet hell game on WiiWare, and it's only 5 bucks. I'd only recommend it if you're a fan of the genre though. Outside of its gameplay, the presentation is really lacking in my opinion. 6/10
Go ahead, if you want it :)

Is it as hard as Ikaruga? As I said, that game looks too hard for me but I like shmups so I'd like to know how the difficulty is.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

556. Posted:

Thank you @SKTTR, I believe it's a 1-player title. There is a choice of characters and few unlockables available. I've never experienced the series before, so I have no idea how it may differ from the DS version. Hey, why don't you check out the description of the "Mr. Driller W" review on NL and get back to me on it @SKTTR? I'm also a huge fan of the niche puzzler genre @KnucklesSonic8, that's why it also caught my eye. @KnucklesSonic8, why do you feel it wasn't worth $8? I didn't want to spend $6 on Dig Dug, when it was only $2 more. Would you say Dig Dug is worth the import price attached to it?

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

557. Posted:

Well, let me first say that I really enjoy Dig Dug. I can't really comment on the price since I played it through Namco Museum Remix.

As for Mr. Driller W, compared to other games that are priced at $8, this falls short in terms of content and enjoyment. At least for me. I just couldn't get into it — the game design was to blame I believe. Whatever the reason, I have not returned to that game in a long time. Again, check and see what others say. I don't want to deter you from the game completely since some have expressed how much they love the game. I'm probably in the minority (not the first time), but I didn't enjoy Mr. Driller W.

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

558. Posted:

WiiAboutU wrote:

Thank you @SKTTR, I believe it's a 1-player title. There is a choice of characters and few unlockables available. I've never experienced the series before, so I have no idea how it may differ from the DS version. Hey, why don't you check out the description of the "Mr. Driller W" review on NL and get back to me on it @SKTTR? I'm also a huge fan of the niche puzzler genre @KnucklesSonic8, that's why it also caught my eye. @KnucklesSonic8, why do you feel it wasn't worth $8? I didn't want to spend $6 on Dig Dug, when it was only $2 more. Would you say Dig Dug is worth the import price attached to it?

Dig Dug is a bit overpriced. 600pts for the NES version.

You're better off buying NAMCO MUSEUM REMIX for Wii (or NAMCO MUSEUM MEGAMIX which is available in North America but not in PAL). There you have Dig Dug and 8 other retro games (original arcade versions!) by Namco, and 5 remakes. 14 games on one compilation (found it for 15 bucks).

Since you're a fan of niche puzzlers you should pay attention to some excellent and innovative ones like everything in the Art Style series and Flowerworks. Also check out Puzzle Quest and Puzzle Kingdoms.

Games included on NAMCO MUSEUM REMIX (Wii):

• 01. Cutie-Q (Arcade)
  • 02. Dig Dug (Arcade)
  • 03. Galaxian (Arcade)
  • 04. Galaga (Remix)
  • 05. Gaplus (Arcade)
  • 06. Gator Panic (Remix)
  • 07. Mappy (Arcade)
  • 08. Pac & Pal (Arcade)
  • 09. Pac'n Roll (Remix)
  • 10. Pac-Mania (Arcade)
  • 11. Pac-Motos (Remix)
  • 12. Rally-X (Remix)
  • 13. Super Pac-Man (Arcade)
  • 14. Xevious (Arcade)

I think NMR was worth it, compared to the prices on the Virtual Console, and because of Pac'n Roll alone, a full port of the DS original that I bought for 35 bucks back in 2006 when the game was new.

As for Mr DRILLER. Check some videos. It's basically the same as the DS version. It is a good game, a classic Namco action-puzzler with an arcade-feel. It's a game to play in short bursts, and I can see myself getting back to it from time to time.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

559. Posted:

Thanks @SKTTR, I'll probably get something else if Mr. D isn't something you'd want to give your all everytime you crack it open. Or did I misinterpret what you ment by short bursts @SKTTR?
On the other hand guys, I did the deed and purchased Aya and the Cubes. I'll let you all know what I think after I've given it a go. (<:

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

560. Posted:

I purchased Tetris Party, does anyone here at NL still play this? It's cool if there isn't, I've found active FC at another site. But anyone here at NL is still welcome to reply. (<: