WiiWare Forum

Topic: WiiWare Recommendations Thread

Showing 521 to 540 of 678

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

521. Posted:

I've already purchased MatMM and I'm into this niche title more so than most WiiWare. I think I've discovered the other four best niche WiiWare titles above. But can anyone comment on Lost Winds or it's sequel?

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

522. Posted:

LostWinds was amazing, the only problem was it being way too short. Even with collecting all the totem poles (the only sidequest in the game) it took me only 5 hours to 100% the game.

LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias is a much better game, and not that short. But the added map feature made it easier to complete than the first one, so it took me around 5 hours again to fully complete the sequel.

If you liked Max & the Magic Marker or And Yet It Moves (another two innovative 1000pts platformers that are kinda short) then you'll probably like LostWinds 1 & 2 too.

I still have to pick up NyxQuest.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

523. Posted:

Alright, I've got the 1200 pts. needed to purchase Fluidity. But now due to @SKTTR's recommendation I'm torn between this or And Yet it Moves. I can't decide between the replay value of Fluidity or the uniqueness of And Yet it Moves. Can anyone please help make this decision easier for me?

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

524. Posted:

Bought Hydroventure (Fluidity) today. Seems to be the longest game of em all. Lots of secrets, collectables, exploring, adventure and puzzling, all combined into one unique, polished and goodlooking game. Good chances that I'm going to like this just as much as And Yet It Moves or even better.

There's only one way for you to go anyway: If you're interested in these games, watched some video footage, liked what you saw, then get 'em all. :P

I never regretted getting the two LostWinds games. They are damn short and easy to complete, and you should play them in order, but graphics, gameplay, puzzles, story and music are really good. The only issue I have is that there's no third game to conclude the story. No real end to the series, you know, it's always "to be continued". I really hope the developers have a third game in the series for WiiWare announced soon.

And Yet It Moves.... Art of Balance.... World of Goo.... etc.... They're all among the finest on WiiWare. Hope you like them just as much as I do.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

525. Posted:

I decided to purchase Fluidity today as well @SKTTR. I figured since I had exactly 1200 Wii pts. left I'd purchase it first. So far I'm enjoying the gameplay physics and art style. But I'm having trouble with the tutorial, at the point where your practicing how to make your pool of water jump to collect the orbs of water. I can't seem to make my pool jump high enough to collect the two highest orbs. Should I try adjusting my Wiimote sensitivity or does anyone have a better suggestion?

Edited on by WiiAboutU

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

526. Posted:

WiiAboutU wrote:

I decided to purchase Fluidity today as well @SKTTR. I figured since I had exactly 1200 Wii pts. left I'd purchase it first. So far I'm enjoying the gameplay physics and art style. But I'm having trouble with the tutorial, at the point where your practicing how to make your pool of water jump to collect the orbs of water. I can't seem to make my pool jump high enough to collect the two highest orbs. Should I try configuring my Wiimote sensitivity or does anyone have a better suggestion?

I think you just need to work a little on your timing and get used to the controls.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

527. Posted:

I've been practicing @SKTTR, but I'm still having some trouble. I can get the pool to jump, but just not high enough to collect those two orbs. I'll give it another few minutes of practice later on today. In the meantime, let me know if any specific technique comes to mind @SKTTR.

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

528. Posted:

@SKTTR, I've finally incorporated the correct timing and amount of tilting to jump my pool high enough and collect all of the water orbs. I've finally completed the tutorial, but I'm going to give it a once more through, to make sure this wasn't just a fluke of luck. (<:

I'd also like to say, if you enjoy niche titles you won't be disappointed with this purchase and this is one of the best WiiWare has to offer.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

529. Posted:

@SKTTR, Art of Balance is next on my list. I've just purchased two platformers, so I need to add something a little different to my WiiWare collection. The only problem is I'm short a controller and 2 player mode seems like it would be a lot more enjoyable. Hey, maybe I can find a new one cheap at Amazon.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

530. Posted:

WiiAboutU wrote:

@SKTTR, Art of Balance is next on my list. I've just purchased two platformers, so I need to add something a little different to my WiiWare collection. The only problem is I'm short a controller and 2 player mode seems like it would be a lot more enjoyable. Hey, maybe I can find a new one cheap at Amazon.

You have only one Wiimote? Never met one who has only one of these. I have 5 and it will be 6 in November (Zelda!!).

1 Wiimote came with the Wii of course, and I bought a second one the same day (with Wii Play). Got Wii Sports Resort with Wii Motion Plus in 2009, and a second Wii Motion Plus add-on to upgrade these two old Wiimotes.
Then I bought a Wiimote Plus in Black (with FlingSmash) and a Wiimote Plus in Red (with Wii Play Motion) so that I have 4 WiiMotes with Motion Plus.
I got another spare one in white (without Plus) that came with Wii Party.
The Gold Wiimote Plus that comes with Skyward Sword will be my 6th Wiimote / 5th Wiimote Plus. Can't have enough controllers. We often play 4 player matches here. Always need a few spare ones. :P
I've seen the new Kirby game was being played on the Nintendo Channel with a Pink Wiimote Plus. If that's another bundle I might get it as well :)

Have fun with Art of Balance. I think it's one of the easier puzzle games to complete 100%.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

531. Posted:

I only have 1 wiimote too.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

532. Posted:

I had a blue WiiMote as well as my red WiiMote. But hard times came upon me and so I had to let GameStop steal it from me.

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

533. Posted:

Hey @SKTTR, how much extra time would AYiM take to achieve %100 completion compared to Art of Balance? I may just purchase AYiM first, but it's dependant upon this factor. If the difference in length isn't really mentionable, then I'll definitely purchase AoB first. Although, how high is the difficulty level of AoB's puzzles @SKTTR? If the puzzles are too easy, I most likely wouldn't purchase it in the first place.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

534. Posted:

Art of Balance is pretty easy and short. It's a great game still.
Takes about 4 hours to 100% it. (4 worlds, approx. 1 hour per world)
After that you can have more playtime with the 2-player mode. There are no other modes.

And Yet It Moves has a short main mode that can be beaten in 2-3 hours.
It's much longer and more challenging (10+ hours) if you go for all the achievements, extras and time trials.
If you want more playtime for your money then it's definately And Yet It Moves.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

535. Posted:

I purchased both of them @SKTTR and thanks for all of your advice. I really wish Shin'en would've made add-on puzzle packs available for AoB, like FDG has done for Bobby Carrot Forever. I would shell out $5 per puzzle pack, if they each contained at least 32 higher difficulty puzzles. A pay and play WFC file patch could easily be produced for this title. It wouldn't be the first time Nintendo consumers would need to download a title for the second time due to an update. Otherwise, AoB has very addictive gameplay and it's also a very relaxing experience, sadly it's just too short or should I say easy. )<:

Edited on by WiiAboutU

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

536. Posted:

Can anyone recommend Cave Story? I played the demo and thought it was pretty good, but I'm still on the fence about it.

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage

OverlordMao

537. Posted:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Can anyone recommend Cave Story? I played the demo and thought it was pretty good, but I'm still on the fence about it.

[raises hand] Definitely. If you have the points, Cave Story is a very worthy addition on your wii with some extra stuff while also being a very well-made game and extrmeley fun to play and replay. Very worth your time and if you enjoyed the demo, the main game has SO MUCE MORE :) It's a solid 9/10 from me, the only thing I didn't like was that if you wanted to get the best ending, you'd better be DARN well prepared for all the side-things you have to do (I "let's played" it, so that's no longer an issue to me :D ).

In short, yes. Download it.

Edited on by OverlordMao

Why do astronauts backtrack?
They forgot the Space Jump Boots.

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

538. Posted:

@OverlordMao Thanks for the input! I like how you gave sort of a mini review of it, where you could have easily just said "yes, get it" or something. It makes me feel better about getting it. I'll probably download it here soon and come back after I've played a bit. Thanks again!

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

OverlordMao

539. Posted:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

@OverlordMao Thanks for the input! I like how you gave sort of a mini review of it, where you could have easily just said "yes, get it" or something. It makes me feel better about getting it. I'll probably download it here soon and come back after I've played a bit. Thanks again!

No problem, I'd rather be more informative so people don't make uninformed decisions.
This is a "recommendations" thread, after all :)

P.S. Finally bought Max and The Magic Marker. I'm really terrible with puzzles in games (especially physics puzzles) but DARN, this game is SUPER fun, ad I'm really enjoying it :D

Why do astronauts backtrack?
They forgot the Space Jump Boots.

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

540. Posted:

Well, downloaded Cave Story yesterday, and I could barely stop playing it. The fun of getting new guns, each of them having upgradeable abilities, combined with the charm of the retro graphics and gameplay makes this a hard one to put down. I'm definitely enjoying it so far, so thanks for the recommendation OverlordMao!

Beep.
That is all.