Forums

Topic: WiiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 521 to 540 of 693

WiiAboutU

I've been practicing @SKTTR, but I'm still having some trouble. I can get the pool to jump, but just not high enough to collect those two orbs. I'll give it another few minutes of practice later on today. In the meantime, let me know if any specific technique comes to mind @SKTTR.

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

WiiAboutU

@SKTTR, I've finally incorporated the correct timing and amount of tilting to jump my pool high enough and collect all of the water orbs. I've finally completed the tutorial, but I'm going to give it a once more through, to make sure this wasn't just a fluke of luck. (<:

I'd also like to say, if you enjoy niche titles you won't be disappointed with this purchase and this is one of the best WiiWare has to offer.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

WiiAboutU

@SKTTR, Art of Balance is next on my list. I've just purchased two platformers, so I need to add something a little different to my WiiWare collection. The only problem is I'm short a controller and 2 player mode seems like it would be a lot more enjoyable. Hey, maybe I can find a new one cheap at Amazon.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

SKTTR

WiiAboutU wrote:

@SKTTR, Art of Balance is next on my list. I've just purchased two platformers, so I need to add something a little different to my WiiWare collection. The only problem is I'm short a controller and 2 player mode seems like it would be a lot more enjoyable. Hey, maybe I can find a new one cheap at Amazon.

You have only one Wiimote? Never met one who has only one of these. I have 5 and it will be 6 in November (Zelda!!).

1 Wiimote came with the Wii of course, and I bought a second one the same day (with Wii Play). Got Wii Sports Resort with Wii Motion Plus in 2009, and a second Wii Motion Plus add-on to upgrade these two old Wiimotes.
Then I bought a Wiimote Plus in Black (with FlingSmash) and a Wiimote Plus in Red (with Wii Play Motion) so that I have 4 WiiMotes with Motion Plus.
I got another spare one in white (without Plus) that came with Wii Party.
The Gold Wiimote Plus that comes with Skyward Sword will be my 6th Wiimote / 5th Wiimote Plus. Can't have enough controllers. We often play 4 player matches here. Always need a few spare ones.
I've seen the new Kirby game was being played on the Nintendo Channel with a Pink Wiimote Plus. If that's another bundle I might get it as well

Have fun with Art of Balance. I think it's one of the easier puzzle games to complete 100%.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

WiiAboutU

I had a blue WiiMote as well as my red WiiMote. But hard times came upon me and so I had to let GameStop steal it from me.

WiiAboutU

Hey @SKTTR, how much extra time would AYiM take to achieve %100 completion compared to Art of Balance? I may just purchase AYiM first, but it's dependant upon this factor. If the difference in length isn't really mentionable, then I'll definitely purchase AoB first. Although, how high is the difficulty level of AoB's puzzles @SKTTR? If the puzzles are too easy, I most likely wouldn't purchase it in the first place.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

SKTTR

Art of Balance is pretty easy and short. It's a great game still.
Takes about 4 hours to 100% it. (4 worlds, approx. 1 hour per world)
After that you can have more playtime with the 2-player mode. There are no other modes.

And Yet It Moves has a short main mode that can be beaten in 2-3 hours.
It's much longer and more challenging (10+ hours) if you go for all the achievements, extras and time trials.
If you want more playtime for your money then it's definately And Yet It Moves.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

WiiAboutU

I purchased both of them @SKTTR and thanks for all of your advice. I really wish Shin'en would've made add-on puzzle packs available for AoB, like FDG has done for Bobby Carrot Forever. I would shell out $5 per puzzle pack, if they each contained at least 32 higher difficulty puzzles. A pay and play WFC file patch could easily be produced for this title. It wouldn't be the first time Nintendo consumers would need to download a title for the second time due to an update. Otherwise, AoB has very addictive gameplay and it's also a very relaxing experience, sadly it's just too short or should I say easy. )<:

Edited on by WiiAboutU

MegaStoneSmash91

Can anyone recommend Cave Story? I played the demo and thought it was pretty good, but I'm still on the fence about it.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

OverlordMao

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Can anyone recommend Cave Story? I played the demo and thought it was pretty good, but I'm still on the fence about it.

[raises hand] Definitely. If you have the points, Cave Story is a very worthy addition on your wii with some extra stuff while also being a very well-made game and extrmeley fun to play and replay. Very worth your time and if you enjoyed the demo, the main game has SO MUCE MORE It's a solid 9/10 from me, the only thing I didn't like was that if you wanted to get the best ending, you'd better be DARN well prepared for all the side-things you have to do (I "let's played" it, so that's no longer an issue to me ).

In short, yes. Download it.

Edited on by OverlordMao

Why do astronauts backtrack?
They forgot the Space Jump Boots.

MegaStoneSmash91

@OverlordMao Thanks for the input! I like how you gave sort of a mini review of it, where you could have easily just said "yes, get it" or something. It makes me feel better about getting it. I'll probably download it here soon and come back after I've played a bit. Thanks again!

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

OverlordMao

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

@OverlordMao Thanks for the input! I like how you gave sort of a mini review of it, where you could have easily just said "yes, get it" or something. It makes me feel better about getting it. I'll probably download it here soon and come back after I've played a bit. Thanks again!

No problem, I'd rather be more informative so people don't make uninformed decisions.
This is a "recommendations" thread, after all

P.S. Finally bought Max and The Magic Marker. I'm really terrible with puzzles in games (especially physics puzzles) but DARN, this game is SUPER fun, ad I'm really enjoying it

MegaStoneSmash91

Well, downloaded Cave Story yesterday, and I could barely stop playing it. The fun of getting new guns, each of them having upgradeable abilities, combined with the charm of the retro graphics and gameplay makes this a hard one to put down. I'm definitely enjoying it so far, so thanks for the recommendation OverlordMao!

Beep.
That is all.

OverlordMao

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Well, downloaded Cave Story yesterday, and I could barely stop playing it. The fun of getting new guns, each of them having upgradeable abilities, combined with the charm of the retro graphics and gameplay makes this a hard one to put down. I'm definitely enjoying it so far, so thanks for the recommendation OverlordMao!

Heh, no problem. I'm really glad ya like it. Glad to see more people finally giving the game the full try and seeing that they love it like I did when it came out on wiiware

Modo7

I have 600 points... Which of these titles would you choose to purchase and why?

• Art Style (Orbient, Rotohex or Cubello)
  • Flowerworks (Nice reviews, but the screenshoots look weird...)
  • Robocalypse Beaver Defense
  • Any other except Bit Trip that I already owns

Thanks

Modo7

KnucklesSonic8

I highly recommend Flowerworks. It's still one of the most rewarding (not to mention lengthy) games I've played on WiiWare. Robocalypse Beaver Defense isn't a bad choice, but you could do better IMO. Also, have you purchased Art Style: light trax? Both that and Cubello are great games.

KnucklesSonic8

FonistofCruxis

I like the look of Kyotokei but I'm unsure of it because of the comparisons to Ikaruga as that game looks too hard for me. How is the difficulty in it? Also, how long is it?

Modo7

KnucklesSonic8 wrote:

I highly recommend Flowerworks. It's still one of the most rewarding (not to mention lengthy) games I've played on WiiWare. Robocalypse Beaver Defense isn't a bad choice, but you could do better IMO. Also, have you purchased Art Style: light trax? Both that and Cubello are great games.

I already have Light Trax (and Rotozoa) but not Cubello. I don't want any Bit Trip as I'll purchase Bit Trip Complete.

Thanks for the comment, I'm not very sure but I think I'll go for Flowerworks.

Modo7

KnucklesSonic8

You're welcome! Please let me know if you do end up buying it. It may seem a bit slow at first but it gets so much better later on.

KnucklesSonic8

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic