Forums

Topic: WiiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 461 to 480 of 693

iphys

I'd wait and try again later. If that fails contact Nintendo's customer support.

Have you tried redownloading them to your system memory or copying files from system memory to SD just in case it's a problem with the SD card?

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Splat

I'm thinking it's on Nintendo's end not mine because I got it to work for two games and then it started doing it again. With me being able to do everything else online it might just be the Wii Shop channel having trouble. I will try tomorrow and see how it goes.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Splat

Blah having trouble again. I'm going to email Nintendo but I just know they are going to walk me threw the trouble shooting steps which I have all ready done. I don't understand I can do everything online on my Wii with no trouble except downloading games off of Wii Shop.

Edited on by Splat

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Birdman

Hey everyone,

Long story short: I got a new wireless router, and now I can connect my Wii to the Internet! I haven't yet bought any games yet from the Wii shop Channel (aside from the Bit.Trip demos currently available), and I have a long list of titles I'm interested in, but I have a few questions on some of them.

1. I am planning on buying Bit.Trip Saga for my 3DS, so do you think it is worth it to buy any of them on WiiWare?

2. Which of the LostWinds titles is better, or are there no major difficulty/control/length differences between the two?

3. I've lost interest in my 4th gen Pokémon titles and don't own Black or White, so is My Pokémon Ranch a good enough game to stand by itself?

4. Does Water Warfare have good single-player and local-multiplayer modes?

5. Which of the Mega Man games (VC or WiiWare) would be best for a person new to the series (i.e. which one has the lowest difficulty level)?

Feel free to answer any or all of those questions. Thank you.

Edited on by Birdman

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

SKTTR

1. If you plan on buying BIT.TRIP SAGA or COMPLETE, I wouldn't download the WiiWare versions, though they're not annoucned for release in Europe so maybe show some support? I already have the first four BIT.TRIP games on WiiWare, and maybe it's cheaper for me to get the other 2 instead of getting the retail release (if it comes).

2. The second LostWinds, Winter of the Melodias is better, but to fully understand the story, you need to play the first one first.

3. You don't need Black and White for My Pokémon Ranch. Only Diamond and Pearl are supported by this game.

4. Water Warfare has a good single player campaign with about 30 different missions all with very different objectives trying to get a gold medal on each one. Local multiplayer is splitscreen for only 2 people only unfortunately. It's versus or against a team of CPU players. Online multiplayer is for 8 players simultaneously.

5. Personally I'd start with Mega Man 1, then 2, then 3, etc. I don't think they're very different gameplay-wise from each other. It's just new stages/bosses/weapons and occasionally a new move thrown in. It's up to you to find your own favourite. Most people recommend 2 or 9 though.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Birdman

@SKTTR - I guess I should clarify what I meant to say for #3 and #4. For #3, I was wondering if MPR would be a good enough game on its own to warrant purchasing it despite me no longer having any motivation to play my 4th gen games. And for #4, I more or less meant which one has the best difficulty level to see what the series is about and how it works without dieing every 5 seconds, because I know the series has a high difficulty level. Thank you anyway for your response.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

WiiAboutU

Yeah why only Mega Man 9 and not Mega Man 10 @SKTTR? Doesn't it have more content then 9 does, with all the extra challenges?

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

cheetahman91

@Birdman13: Regarding question 5, Mega Man 10 is definitely the one to go for since it has an easy mode. After that I would recommend getting 2.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

WiiAboutU

cheetahman91 wrote:

@Birdman13: Regarding question 5, Mega Man 10 is definitely the one to go for since it has an easy mode. After that I would recommend getting 2.

Thank you, that was a good call @cheetahman91.

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

SKTTR

Birdman13 wrote:

@SKTTR - I guess I should clarify what I meant to say for #3 and #4. For #3, I was wondering if MPR would be a good enough game on its own to warrant purchasing it despite me no longer having any motivation to play my 4th gen games. And for #4, I more or less meant which one has the best difficulty level to see what the series is about and how it works without dieing every 5 seconds, because I know the series has a high difficulty level. Thank you anyway for your response.

#3 - I don't think it's really worth it. I only bought it because I collect games with Mii support.
All you can do is watch Pokémon interacting with each other and the Miis, and getting one random Pokémon each day. It was cheery the first few times to see how the Pokémon react to each other but it eventually got boring. Though I started the game for more than 200 days (just to collect the Pokémon of the day) but soon enough you'll be getting Pokémon you already have and it just grows tiresome to load the game just to play it for a minute.

#4 - I think you mean #5. And yes, I apologize for not mentioning Mega Man 10. Easy Mode is of course a perfect entry for newcomers to the series.

WiiAboutU

I wonder when we'll see Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 released?

Tasuki

WiiAboutU wrote:

Yes there was an article a while back on Nintendo Life and it said that it will be coming soon. I forgot when exactly.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

WiiAboutU

Tasuki wrote:

WiiAboutU wrote:

Yes there was an article a while back on Nintendo Life and it said that it will be coming soon. I forgot when exactly.

Yes, thank you @Tasuki I remember that article. I meant that we haven't heard anything at all in awhile and I've just been wondering.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

n0body

Speaking of anticipated second episodes, any news on Legendo's Pearl Harbor Trilogy?

n0body

WiiAboutU

@n0body Nothing here sorry

Birdman

So, I finally got around to purchasing some Wii Points, and after getting the first LostWinds title, I have 3000 points left. Out of the following, which should I get?

And Yet It Moves
Art Style: light trax
Art Style: Rotozoa
Fluidity
Jett Rocket
Mega Man 10
Onslaught
Pokémon Rumble
Tomena Sanner
Water Warfare
World of Goo

Any suggestions?

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

rolLTheDice

@12834: I didn't play "And Yet It Moves" and "Water Warfare" yet.
Out of the other titles you mentioned my choices would be (in order):

1. World of Goo
2. Fluidity
3. Mega Man 9 / 10 (But i'd say get MegaMan 2 or 3 first if you haven't got them yet)
4. Art Style: light trax
5. Jett Rocket

Edited on by rolLTheDice

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

SKTTR

10/10 - World of Goo - One of the finest, most polished puzzle games on the service, awesome level design, outstanding soundtrack, freaky story

9/10 - Art Style: light trax - That's one of my favourite racers ever. Unique, exciting, superfast and challenging (in the later courses) and another amazing soundtrack.

9/10 - Art Style: PENTA TENTACLES - An arcade-like experience, unique, challenging, and when you think it is over, new packs of levels unlock. Once you get the hang of it it's getting very addicting.

9/10 - and yet it moves - GREAT platformer with awesome physics, perfect controls, and unique gameplay, Main mode is pretty short, but lots of content in the other modes. As you have noticed I have a soft spot for all these crazy, unique games.

8/10 - Jett Rocket - Very good graphics, good 3D-platformer. A little short, but if you like exploration (collecting 100% in each stage) and going for achievements this is a pretty good game.

8/10 - Water Warfare - Online is neat, but also the 30 offline solo missions will keep you busy for some time if you want gold on everything. 1vs1-splitscreen can be fun. It's a unique fps, although the presentation and graphics could have been better.

8/10 - Pokémon Rumble - Four player mayhem. Lots of collecting. Secret shiny Pokémon to find. It's of decent length (but due to the random nature of those Pokémon games it will take months to fully complete). Ultimately the gameplay is a little shallow to really make you want to find everything. It's the money's worth still - especially in 4p-mode.

7/10 - Tomena Sanner - Very short and easy. Funny stuff, but too simple for my tastes. Online leaderboards give motivation for better scores. 4 player splitscreen mode is in very tiny windows which isn't much fun.

?/10 Fluidity - played the demo - the full game could be 9 or 10/10.
?/10 Onslaught - never played
?/10 Mega Man 10 - never played

y0ss4ri4n

Birdman13 wrote:

So, I finally got around to purchasing some Wii Points, and after getting the first LostWinds title, I have 3000 points left. Out of the following, which should I get?

And Yet It Moves
Fluidity
Jett Rocket
Mega Man 10
Onslaught
Pokémon Rumble
Tomena Sanner
Water Warfare
World of Goo

Any suggestions?

I would recommend And Yet it Moves as well.

Fluidity is definitely worth your points. It's a fantastic and beautiful puzzle platformer with Metroid style exploration and real charm. Meaty challenge and plenty of surprises too. A real gem of a game.

y0ss4ri4n

n0body

y0ss4ri4n wrote:

Birdman13 wrote:

And Yet It Moves
Fluidity
Jett Rocket
Mega Man 10
Onslaught
Pokémon Rumble
Tomena Sanner
Water Warfare
World of Goo

Any suggestions?

I would recommend And Yet it Moves as well.

Fluidity is definitely worth your points. It's a fantastic and beautiful puzzle platformer with Metroid style exploration and real charm. Meaty challenge and plenty of surprises too. A real gem of a game.

awesome nickname!!

n0body

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic