Forums

Topic: WiiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 361 to 380 of 693

irken004

Chucko wrote:

cheetahman91 wrote:

Chucko wrote:

BIT.TRIP.RUNNER looks pretty good. I guess I'll aim for platformers.

It is very good. I would recommend it and Cave Story. They're two of the best games on Wiiware.

Doesn't cave story have sort of retro graphics? In that case, not sure if tv will display it. Stupid tv screen wont show 8 bit or 16 bit graphics. >.<

It can display using the original pixelated graphics or the new "updated" graphics, which aren't as pixelated.

Chucko

@irken Since my tv wont display Super Mario World(for example), will it display cave story on the "updated" graphics setting?

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, would you kindly?

irken004

Chucko wrote:

@irken Since my tv wont display Super Mario World(for example), will it display cave story on the "updated" graphics setting?

I don't see why not, it's a wiiware game, not vc, so it runs differently. There is a demo available, I think.

Chucko

Sweet thanks guys.

noname001

Anyone have thoughts on eco shooter plant 530?

noname001

SKTTR

wobee wrote:

Anyone have thoughts on eco shooter plant 530?

530 Eco Shooter is extremely short: just 3 stages and then a mode where you have to beat all 3 stages in a row.
I've completed it in about an hour and a half. Well, it's a highscore railshooter but with only 3 stages, no multiplayer and no online leaderboards, so it comes across pretty barebones The core mechanics are great though, and the enemy waves change depending on how good you are. The graphics and music are ok. I expected more from INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS so it left me a little bit disappointed, especially since it's 1000pts.
6/10

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

KnucklesSonic8

Can't go wrong with Jett Rocket & Bit.Trip RUNNER.

KnucklesSonic8

Chucko

Well I got bit trip runner and plan on getting tetris party. The former is kinda hard to get used to at first, BUT I LOVE It!

RionaaM

Chucko wrote:

I have 2000 points and I've never played a wiiware game. EVER. So being a newb wiiware player, what are absolute essential titles that I should get first?

Have you tried any 2D Sonic games and like them? If so, then you could get Sonic 4 Episode 1. It's a fun game, although all of its four different stages are remixes of some from the previous games.

Another game I'd reccomend if you're into platformers is NyxQuest. And I think Bit.Trip Void is also a great game -if only I could finish the last stage...

RionaaM

UltraRobPrime

I want to try Mr. Driller, but i don't know if I should start with the WiiWare or DsiWare edition. Can you guys help me?

Retro Studios, go reboot Star Fox. The franchise needs it.

Watch my creation! http://youtu.be/ZSt_6oFZajk

bboy2970

@UltraRob: I have both versions. The DSiWare version is definitely more bare bones. It is however, only 5 dollars and cheaper than the WiiWare version. If you're just looking for the straight game of Mr. Driller then the DSiWare version should do fine. If you have interest in 2P or any extra little things, you might consider slapping down the extra 3 bucks for the WiiWare game. Also, the DSiWare version has the obvious advantage of being portable. If I had to choose 1, I would say go for the DSiWare version. The cheaper price paired with the fact that the extras in the WiiWare version aren't that substantial and the fact that this particular game lends itself very well as a pick up and play experience makes me opt toward the smaller, portable experience over the slightly fatter console experience.

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

Chucko

Whats another good bit.trip game to get? I already have runner.

WesFX

Can't go wrong with BEAT. I recommend VOID as well.

WesFX

Splat

I just downloaded Rage of The Gladiator but have yet to play it, first time I have got a Wii Ware game in awhile but have been wanting to try it for awhile.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Yasume

Splat wrote:

I just downloaded Rage of The Gladiator but have yet to play it, first time I have got a Wii Ware game in awhile but have been wanting to try it for awhile.

You won't regret it. It's just like Punch-Out!!, but I liked this even more. I especially liked the diversity of your opponents and the RPG elements. Every battle was just an epic fight.

Steam ID: Yasume
PSN: Yasume90

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Yasume2

Splat

Yasume wrote:

Splat wrote:

You won't regret it. It's just like Punch-Out!!, but I liked this even more. I especially liked the diversity of your opponents and the RPG elements. Every battle was just an epic fight.

Yep it's pretty great just got done playing it for the first time, by far the best Wii Ware game I have played kinda like Punch-Out meets Monster Hunter.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic