WiiWare Forum

Topic: WiiWare Recommendations Thread

Showing 301 to 320 of 677

AuthorMessage

iphys

301. Posted:

I got something like 85 hours out of Excitebike WR, but when I look on the Nintendo Channel it says other people only averaged 4 hours on that game. I find that pretty shocking, because the online is super fun and it takes a while to at least unlock all the bikes. Plus, you can spend so much time making your own custom tracks to race. Kind of a shame that people don't play it more.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

segacandy

302. Posted:

I already bought EB and sadly the controls are ehh to me. I thought switching lanes would be motion controlled , but apparently it's to land correctly and to do a wheelie oh and to recover. I guess I have to just get use to it 'till I start liking it. I played it for an hour and put on Silent Hill; I am about to play NBA 2k11 for Xbox 360. I might put it on later and try it again.

steve nash and sonic are my heros. Coach McGuirk comes close.

7733 0034 0180 0703
just do it. (Excitebike World Rally and Mario Kart Wii).

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

303. Posted:

segacandy wrote:

I already bought EB and sadly the controls are ehh to me. I thought switching lanes would be motion controlled , but apparently it's to land correctly and to do a wheelie oh and to recover. I guess I have to just get use to it 'till I start liking it. I played it for an hour and put on Silent Hill; I am about to play NBA 2k11 for Xbox 360. I might put it on later and try it again.

You can unlock a method to steer your bike with motion controls. It's called the PRO mode and it does exactly what you want:
It destroys the perfect controls you already have and swaps it with the unresponsive crap you want.

Edited on by SKTTR

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

JeanLuc_Vaycard

304. Posted:

Has anyone tried Robox yet? Tomorrow I plan on dropping $20 on shop channel and this was one of my considerations. I know the review gave it 5/10, but the score was a little controversial.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

305. Posted:

Sneaker13 wrote:

Well the Robox demo saved me money. Hate is a strong word but I really really really don't like it. It get's pretty boring, pretty quick, the character is slow, the controls are bad, so basically the only thing I liked are the graphics and the music. But I couldn't even bother finishing the demo. A first for me for a WiiWare demo. I don't like it at all.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

306. Posted:

I think it partly depends on what you're looking for in the game. I actually just played it again today in an attempt to make progress, but I got frustrated and just quit.

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

segacandy

307. Posted:

SKTTR wrote:

You can unlock a method to steer your bike with motion controls. It's called the PRO mode and it does exactly what you want:
It destroys the perfect controls you already have and swaps it with the unresponsive crap you want.

]]Untitled

Edited on by segacandy

steve nash and sonic are my heros. Coach McGuirk comes close.

7733 0034 0180 0703
just do it. (Excitebike World Rally and Mario Kart Wii).

AuthorMessage

iphys

308. Posted:

I don't remember Pro mode being unresponsive, so much as just being harder because the vantage point makes it difficult to see if you're landing level.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

JeanLuc_Vaycard

309. Posted:

Ok after playing all the demos it came down to one of two games for me and I can't make up my mind. I really like both Jett Rocket and And Yet it Moves. Both have different aspects that I really like. However Jett Rocket I have heard is pretty short and the demo didn't really leave me feeling like I got a good feel for the game. How are the boss battles? Is this game pretty easy? If it's short I want some challenge to it to hold me over a bit. What do you guys suggest? Any thoughts, opinions on both games are much appreciated.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

AuthorMessage

irken004

310. Posted:

Vaynard wrote:

Ok after playing all the demos it came down to one of two games for me and I can't make up my mind. I really like both Jett Rocket and And Yet it Moves. Both have different aspects that I really like. However Jett Rocket I have heard is pretty short and the demo didn't really leave me feeling like I got a good feel for the game. How are the boss battles? Is this game pretty easy? If it's short I want some challenge to it to hold me over a bit. What do you guys suggest? Any thoughts, opinions on both games are much appreciated.

Honestly, I felt that AYIM was much shorter than Jett (I beat AYIM in about 2 hours). Yes, Jett is still pretty easy and short compared to other games, but it's still fun (and BEAUTIFUL). The boss battles aren't too difficult, they're about as easy as regular Mario bosses.

Edited on by irken004

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

irken004

311. Posted:

Chrono Cross wrote:

I`ve been debating on whether to get one of these games:
Secret of Mana
Gradius 3- I don`t know if I should waste my money on this one...
Pokemon Snap

And what`s better/different between Super Turrican SNES, Super Turrican 2 SNES, or Mega Turrican (Sega Genesis)?

Err... wrong thread? :D

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

312. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

I`ve been debating on whether to get one of these games:
Secret of Mana
Gradius 3- I don`t know if I should waste my money on this one...
Pokemon Snap

And what`s better/different between Super Turrican SNES, Super Turrican 2 SNES, or Mega Turrican (Sega Genesis)?

Err... wrong thread? :D

WOOPS! haha, my bad. :D

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

MrPokeDSDude

313. Posted:

Should I get LostWinds 2 or Bit Trip Runner?

M @ X

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

314. Posted:

RUNNER. :D

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

MrPokeDSDude

315. Posted:

I thought runner was just a case of pressing 1 button to jump and 1 button to duck?

M @ X

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

316. Posted:

Vaynard wrote:

Bear in mind you can also get AYIM on the PC, usually cheaper than for WiiWare. Grab Jett Rocket, and then cough up a few bucks for AYIM on Steam or something. :)

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

317. Posted:

It's 2 to jump, down to duck, and 1 to kick IIRC. It's lots of fun and challenging (not "just" those simple controls); if you need more convincing, just watch a video of it on YouTube.

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

318. Posted:

MrPokeDSDude wrote:

I thought runner was just a case of pressing 1 button to jump and 1 button to duck?

And Press 1 to Kick, don't forget kick. Also press up for high jump when you get to a spring. It's a platformer, though, so yeah, it's not uber-complex. It is however, very fun, addicting, and challenging, even to someone who doesn't like platformers, such as myself.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

DannyBoyTheDude

319. Posted:

KnucklesSonic8 wrote:

RUNNER. :D

Seconded.

Megaloggery

AuthorMessage

Reala

320. Posted:

actually tomena sanner is a 1 button press game and quite similar to runner only 500 points too, runner is better though much more to it.

Edited on by Reala

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain