WiiWare Forum

Topic: WiiWare Recommendations Thread

Showing 281 to 300 of 677

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

281. Posted:

Thanks. I guess I'll just get Yard Sale Hidden Treasures then.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

282. Posted:

Glad I could help! :)

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

283. Posted:

For fear of getting the dreaded lock next to my thread, I figured this is the place to post this.

I tried all four demos that are currently available to me in the USA, and I'm really thankful for these particular demos because:

• Bit Trip Fate is awesome. I thought I may like it, but the demo sold me. There's a lot to pay attention to and it's action packed pretty much all the way through.
  • Jett Rocket, at least the demo, was awful. It looks great, but it was so boring!
  • And Yet It Moves was a surprise. I thought I wouldn't like it as I don't care for puzzle games, but this was totally unique and I'm seriously considering buying it.
  • ThruSpace was cool, but I can see myself destroying something once the game moves along.

Overall, the demos are making me want to spend 2000 points that I can't afford. Demos should be a mainstay.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

284. Posted:

Jett Rocket gets better later on. That's too bad it turned you off. It's great.

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

285. Posted:

@KnucklesSonic8 - I thought the game played well and looked great, but the demo was really boring. At the end of the demo, it tells you what the full version offers, and I can't remember but I don't recall it saying you can shoot or do anything but that power move. I'm a fan of 3D platformers, should I give the full version a try? For what reasons exactly?

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

286. Posted:

Well I personally found the full game a lot of fun while it lasted. The biggest issue I had with it was that there was potential for increased replay value that wasn't really explored.

Now, it seems like you're a bit worried about variety (beyond the main attacks, etc). The game does carry a good number of elements that create a pretty varied experience for a 3D platformer. And I'm not just referring to the level designs which, by the way, are great. Some of these are actually referenced at the end of the demo. Examples include:

• Using a paraglider to cross large distances
  • Defeating bosses
  • Using a rocket-powered snowboard
  • Solving simple puzzles (such as using bombs to destroy icy barriers)

The first few stages are pretty straight-forward, but as you get further into the game, there's increased challenge with more to consider with respect to your surroundings. For example, because there aren't any checkpoints in the game, in later stages you'll need to exercise a bit more caution instead of just zipping through everything.

I hope that helps but if it doesn't, feel free to ask any more questions and I'd be happy to help. :)
Let me just close by saying that although it doesn't last very long, it's a high-quality $10 game that's definitely worth playing.

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

segacandy

287. Posted:

I made a thread asking for help concerning this topic but it was rudely locked :B

anyway here was the main part:

I have 1,400 Nintendo Points and I have the following Wii Shop Channel games:

Bonsai Barber
Donkey Kong Country
Bomberman Blast
Vectorman
Jett Rocket
Onslaught

I've tried demos of Cave Story, And Yet It Moves and Bit.Trip.Fate did not like any of them. So any ideas? Thanks in advance .

steve nash and sonic are my heros. Coach McGuirk comes close.

7733 0034 0180 0703
just do it. (Excitebike World Rally and Mario Kart Wii).

AuthorMessage

Wizzy

288. Posted:

I want fluidity. looks cool.

Wizzy

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

289. Posted:

@segacandy I can't recommend much if you didn't like And Yet It Moves. You might like Sonic 4, Blaster Master Overdrive, Dive, Nyx Quest, or Excite Bike World Rally for WiiWare.

If you like Sega you might want to check out the Virtual Console Arcade games. They have the arcade versions of Golden Axe, Altered Beast, Shinobi, and Space Harrier.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

segacandy

290. Posted:

I am interested in Excitebike, I've read the review and still am a bit ehh about it. Your personal opinion ? (or anyone else's :B)

And thanks for the other suggestions. I have those games (but for the respectable original console) , any difference in the arcade versions?

Edited on by segacandy

7733 0034 0180 0703

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

291. Posted:

@segacandy: Well I saw your first topic and let me first congratulate you one moving on from that awful thing known as the 360. Anyway, as far as Wiiware recomendations go, I'll break it down by points:
500:
-A Monsteca Corral
-Defend Your Castle
-Airport Mania
-Tomena Sanner
-Tiki Towers
-Mix Superstar
800:
-Midnoght Pool
-Maboshi's Arcade
-Alien Crush Returns
-Mr. Driller W
-TV Show King 2
-ShadowPlay
-Art of Balance
-WarioWare D.I.Y Showcase
-Bit Trip Runner
-ThruSpace(has a demo)
1000:
-LostWinds 1 and 2
-Magnetica Twist
-Dr. Mario Online Rx
-Helix
-Mega Man 9 and 10
-The Strong Bad Series
-The Tales of Monkey Island Series
-Swords and Soldiers
-NyxQuest
-You, Me, and the Cubes
-Excite Bike: World Rally
-Phoenix Wright Series
-Rage of the Gladiator
-Max and the Magic Marker
I know you only have 1400 points but may I humbly suggest you gather just a little more and go for either of these beauties?:
1500:
-World of Goo: in my opinion, the best game that the service has to offer. It is a very deep game and can be very very tricky at times. For more on how awesome this game is, just look at all the rave reviews for it on the internet.
-Pokemon Rumble: Not everyone's cup of tea but absolutely in my Wiiware top 5. I have gotten about 55 hours out of this game and I completely 100 percent beat it. If you like collection elements, and don't mind a little bit shallow but fun gameplay, this is for you.

Also, some great titles with none of the price points above would of course be any game from the Art Style series(600 points) They are all excellent. Also, the recently released Fluidity is 12,000 points and has a demo right now. I guess above all I seriously recommend LostWinds 1 and 2, World of Goo, NyxQuest, The Tales of Monkey Island Series, Pokemon Rumble, and Fluidity. Those are all absolute must owns in my book.
Also, a small suggestion about VC, you should really consider getting Paper Mario for N64. One of my all time favorites!
I hope I was able to offer you some help. :)

Edited on by bboy2970

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

292. Posted:

Excitebike is awesome for only 1000 points. I recommend it full-on.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

293. Posted:

@segacandy:

If you like SEGA so much then I hope you already have tried LIGHT CRUSADER (SEGA Mega Drive) or the five WONDER BOY games that are available on the VC, especially Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap (SEGA MASTER SYSTEM) and Wonder Boy in Monster World (SEGA Mega Drive), but the others are pretty good too.

I also recommend EXCITEBIKE WORLD CHALLENGE. It's the best racer on the WiiWare service besides Art Style: light trax.

The two best WiiWare games (WORLD OF GOO and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King) are 1500pts so unfortunately you can't get them with your 1400pts.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

294. Posted:

@segacandy The arcade versions have little differences like for Golden Axe the animation is slightly better, the dwarf has a golden axe, some backgrounds move, you don't have limited continues, and enemies will turn to stone when they die instead of fading away, it also has a cheesy ending that the console didn't. It also lacks some things like The Duel mode. The other arcade games have better graphics and sound. Altered Beast's enemy deaths for example, are a little more elaborate (zombie parts fly out at the screen). If you already have them these won't be a big upgrade but I really like being able to play the arcade versions at home finally.

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

segacandy

295. Posted:

Oh wow bboy that's an impressive post. Thank you so much.

I have World Of Goo on PC for a while now, the fun factor is gone for me when it comes to that game. I have no interest in Pokemons(lol) sorry.

I think I am going to get Excitebike now but NyxQuest and Lost Winds 1 and 2 do interest me, is it like Mario or Sonic in terms of controlling?

7733 0034 0180 0703

AuthorMessage

segacandy

296. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

@segacandy The arcade versions have little differences like for Golden Axe the animation is slightly better, the dwarf has a golden axe, some backgrounds move, and enemies will turn to stone when they die instead of fading away, it also has a cheesy ending that the console didn't. The other arcade games have better graphics and sound. Altered Beast's enemy deaths for example, are a little more elaborate (zombie parts fly out at the screen). If you already have them these won't be a big upgrade but I really like being able to play the arcade versions at home finally.

Ha yeah I remember the zombie parts not doing what they did at the Arcade in Burbank when I played it at home. Got you, thank you !

7733 0034 0180 0703

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

297. Posted:

NyxQuest I suppose could be compared to mario control wise. But that is only for the basic run and jump controls. Any Mario comparisons go out the window when you get god powers to use. Lost Winds is nothing like Mario. Both games are puzzle platformers. In something like Lost Winds, you'll be less concerned with platforming skill, and more concerned with whatever puzzle is currently at hand. NyxQuest is more taxing of platforming skill but still does have its fair share of puzzles. Nyxquest, LostWinds, and LostWinds 2 are all absolutely fantastic games. I personally prefer the LostWinds games myself. Although, be warned, none of those games are super lengthy experiences.

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage

segacandy

298. Posted:

Thank you, I am on my way to purchase Excitebike right now! Thanks again!

7733 0034 0180 0703

AuthorMessage

segacandy

299. Posted:

Oh I see I youtube'd some videos of the games, they're okay looking. not my type, i suppose.

thank you once again bboy, very very generous of you :)

7733 0034 0180 0703

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

300. Posted:

Alright, what are you looking for game-wise? Puzzle? Multiplayer? What? I need to narrow it down so I got something to work with. ;)

My personal opinion on Excitebike World Rally: Pretty good, but I lost interest in it. Would probably give it a 7/10 or so.

KnucklesSonic8