WiiWare Forum

Topic: Who else thinks we need more fps on wiiware?

Showing 41 to 60 of 83

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

41. Posted:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Well I mean if you seriously think I`m wrong

I'm not sure why you try to make everything so difficult...

Wrong as in you didn't know I had already answered your question but said you did.

Chrono+Cross wrote:

In all do respect Indy Devs are doing just fine. Even with the likes of Nintendo`s 6 or so games on the service, Indy Devs still will do just as good as they`ve always done.

They're doing fine because Nintendo's two biggest games are a Tetris knockoff and a Poke' screensaver.

If they released a full Mario platformer those indie devs wouldn't be doing "just fine".

Again, the whole point of WiiWare is for indie devs to be as successful as possible. For some reason people on here don't want those indie devs to succeed.

Chrono+Cross wrote:

And as far as I know Nintendo doesn`t have any Wiiware games releasing anytime soon.
So thats good news for Alexsays!

They do but they aren't like the games people on here want.

They aren't putting all their biggest franchises on the service like the fanboys on this site wish they would.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BMF_JOE

42. Posted:

weirdadam wrote:

Again: Water Warfare.

id rather not be laughed at while playing a fps so thanks for the suggestion but im looking for a mature shooter

BMF_JOE

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BMF_JOE

43. Posted:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Yes like a 8 player online only FPS on Wiiware.
That would be a very good step for really any Indy developer :)

yea :)

BMF_JOE

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

44. Posted:

weirdadam wrote:

Again: Water Warfare.

Just why do you want that game so bad Adam?
I`m just curious

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

45. Posted:

BMF+JOE wrote:

id rather not be laughed at while playing a fps so thanks for the suggestion but im looking for a mature shooter

Why would you be laughed at?

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

brandonbwii

46. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

Nintendo can afford to release their games retail. We shouldn't be asking them to take sales away from Toki Tori, World of Goo, etc.

Yeah we already have companies like square enix to do that already, lol. When it comes to first-party titles, Nintendo has released wiiware games, just in a more "indie" style and not all big franchises.

On topic, I don't think FPSs should be on wiiware. As alexsays mentioned, it would likely be one-forth of a game. Also I'm not too big on Doom clones and that's the only type of FPS good for wiiware.

Abandon hope all ye who enter here.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BMF_JOE

47. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

BMF+JOE wrote:

id rather not be laughed at while playing a fps so thanks for the suggestion but im looking for a mature shooter

Why would you be laughed at?

cus im 19 id rather not play a game were the main focus is squirt guns. dont get me wrong it looks interesting but im looking for a deeper level of play like golden eye or metroid prime hunters

BMF_JOE

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

48. Posted:

BMF+JOE wrote:

cus im 19 id rather not play a game were the main focus is squirt guns.

Here's a good quote from a well-respected person on another forum:

GabuEx wrote:

One of the surest signs of true maturity, and one of the first requirements for profound contentedness in life, is reaching the state where you no longer care whether or not what you're doing in private is mature.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

49. Posted:

BMF, you don't know what maturity is. If you are too immature and unimaginative to play a game that is exactly as you are describing it because it is family friendly, that sounds like a personal problem. No reason to laugh at people who play a game that you've just describing as some ultimate WiiWare fantasy of yours, an online first-person shooter for WiiWare.

Chrono, I didn't say I want it so badly. I'm just saying that it is the exact game you guys are describing. I don't understand why there is this fantastical talk about how great it would be if someone would make such a game when they are already making it.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

50. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Well I mean if you seriously think I`m wrong

I'm not sure why you try to make everything so difficult...

Wrong as in you didn't know I had already answered your question but said you did.

Chrono+Cross wrote:

In all do respect Indy Devs are doing just fine. Even with the likes of Nintendo`s 6 or so games on the service, Indy Devs still will do just as good as they`ve always done.

They're doing fine because Nintendo's two biggest games are a Tetris knockoff and a Poke' screensaver.

If they released a full Mario platformer those indie devs wouldn't be doing "just fine".

Again, the whole point of WiiWare is for indie devs to be as successful as possible. For some reason people on here don't want those indie devs to succeed.

Chrono+Cross wrote:

And as far as I know Nintendo doesn`t have any Wiiware games releasing anytime soon.
So thats good news for Alexsays!

They do but they aren't like the games people on here want.

They aren't putting all their biggest franchises on the service like the fanboys on this site wish they would.

Wow I`m not going to argue any more with because you just dont get it,
You get that Indy devs are doing just fine even with Nintendo making a game here and there. Just look at 2-D Boy.
And you also don`t get is that all these Nintendo fanboys can want Mario and Zelda on the service all they want but its not going to happen, so just let them dream all they want.

You say your right, I say I`m right. Your giving me a headache with your ignorance so lets just stop while we are ahead. :)

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BMF_JOE

51. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

BMF+JOE wrote:

cus im 19 id rather not play a game were the main focus is squirt guns.

Here's a good quote from a well-respected person on another forum:

GabuEx wrote:

One of the surest signs of true maturity, and one of the first requirements for profound contentedness in life, is reaching the state where you no longer care whether or not what you're doing in private is mature.

yea well good for him but ill take something more mature

BMF_JOE

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

52. Posted:

BMF, why would you assume it doesn't offer a deeper level of play (whatever that means)? It has a variety of game modes, weapons, and stages, plus different sizes for each stage based on the amount of players. Short of morph balls, it has everything Hunters has but with more players and a control scheme that won't give you carpal tunnel.

EDIT: I said nothing wrong. You're the first one to call the game immature. Your ridiculously overblown and childishly vulgar response isn't exactly the sign post of maturity, either, haha. You never specified "family" OR "not family," so what's the difference?

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

53. Posted:

BMF+JOE wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

BMF+JOE wrote:

cus im 19 id rather not play a game were the main focus is squirt guns.

Here's a good quote from a well-respected person on another forum:

GabuEx wrote:

One of the surest signs of true maturity, and one of the first requirements for profound contentedness in life, is reaching the state where you no longer care whether or not what you're doing in private is mature.

yea well good for him but ill take something more mature

I've never literally banged my head against a wall until now.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BMF_JOE

54. Posted:

well if you read some of my examples you would know wouldn't you

"like duke nukem 64 or quake 2 or doom 64 or perfect dark 64"

@alexsays: good haha

Edited on by BMF_JOE

BMF_JOE

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

55. Posted:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

You get that Indy devs are doing just fine even with Nintendo making a game here and there.

I've already acknowledged that a long time ago. Because they're not big games.

If they were big games then there would be problems. I've been saying that all along.

Chrono+Cross wrote:

And you also don`t get is that all these Nintendo fanboys can want Mario and Zelda on the service all they want but its not going to happen, so just let them dream all they want.

I've already said it'll never happen, and that Nintendo fanboys want it despite how bad it is for the industry. A reason why I hate them.

Chrono+Cross wrote:

You say your right, I say I`m right. Your giving me a headache with ignorance so lets just stop while we are ahead. :)

There's nothing for anyone to be wrong about.

You're just repeating ideas I've said and have not already seen them in my posts.

I've already acknowledged everything you keep saying I "don't get". I'm pretty sure the headache thing is all you.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

56. Posted:

So because you don't want a family friendly game, no one else can? Good logic.

Also, obviously you listed those, but there is no precedent for a family friendly first-person shooter, so unless you specifically had said, "Games that are accessible to everyone suck," your list would obviously only include immature teeny games like Nukem and Doom.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BMF_JOE

57. Posted:

weirdadam wrote:

So because you don't want a family friendly game, no one else can? Good logic.

Also, obviously you listed those, but there is no precedent for a family friendly first-person shooter, so unless you specifically had said, "Games that are accessible to everyone suck," your list would obviously only include immature teeny games like Nukem and Doom.

i never said that. you recommended water warfare for me i said no thanks i would like something more mature i dont speak for every one that was only my opinion i didnt claim no one likes that game i simply stated i saw it as a kiddy game in my opinion so i would not like to download it. i do appreciate it in the fact its adding to the fps category in wiiware however that is only 2 fps on wiiware and i would love to see more

Edited on by BMF_JOE

BMF_JOE

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

58. Posted:

That's because they're not releasing Mario, Zelda, and others despite the outcries of their childish fans.

LOL at that coming from a guy with a Snoopy avatar xD

how old are you anyway?

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

59. Posted:

BMF+JOE wrote:

well if you read some of my examples you would know wouldn't you

"like duke nukem 64 or quake 2 or doom 64 or perfect dark 64"

@alexsays: good haha

Jet force Gemini would have been a great FPS, but it was third-person >.<

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

60. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

LOL at that coming from a guy with a Snoopy avatar xD

how old are you anyway?

Oh I'm only as old as my avatar suggests.

AlexSays