WiiWare Forum

Topic: Who else thinks we need more fps on wiiware?

Showing 1 to 20 of 83

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BMF_JOE

1. Posted:

i do onslaught was good but the run feature ruined it for me its way to slow!
man they eaither need to bring games like duke nukem 64 or quake 2 or doom 64 or perfect dark 64 to the virtual console or make some new fps for wiiware. i wouldn't mind a n64 looking fps on wiiware in fact i would love that! who with me?

BMF_JOE

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

2. Posted:

Water Warfare.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

3. Posted:

i don't care all that much for shooters, i just want more first-party titles on wiiware :)

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

4. Posted:

I have a PS3 for great shooters.

Not only are FPS games considerably worse on the Wii, but then they're like cut in fourths for WiiWare.

So it'd be like asking for an eighth of a game I already have.

irken004 wrote:

i just want more first-party titles on wiiware :)

That'd ruin the whole point of WiiWare being for independent devs.

Nintendo can afford to release their games retail. We shouldn't be asking them to take sales away from Toki Tori, World of Goo, etc.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

5. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

irken004 wrote:

i just want more first-party titles on wiiware :)

That'd ruin the whole point of WiiWare being for independent devs.

Nintendo can afford to release their games retail. We shouldn't be asking them to take sales away from Toki Tori, World of Goo, etc.

i didn't say we needed alot of them, just a couple like a short Kirby-64 style game or maybe even a 2-D Metroid: Other M prequel

i'm just being optimistic

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

6. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

i didn't say we needed alot of them, just a couple like a short Kirby-64 style game or maybe even a 2-D Metroid: Other M prequel

i'm just being optimistic

Yeah and that would ruin the whole point of WiiWare.

Nintendo specifically said they'd stay away for the most part and try to help independent devs flourish.

You want them to go back on their word and screw those guys they were supposed to be helping?

That's nice of you.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

7. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

irken004 wrote:

i didn't say we needed alot of them, just a couple like a short Kirby-64 style game or maybe even a 2-D Metroid: Other M prequel

i'm just being optimistic

Yeah and that would ruin the whole point of WiiWare.

Nintendo specifically said they'd stay away for the most part and try to help independent devs flourish.

You want them to go back on their word and screw those guys they were supposed to be helping?

That's nice of you.

and that's why they release Final Fantasy 4: the After Years and Mega Man 9 right?

NOT Indie developers, and they have been outselling many of the current Wiiware games.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

8. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

and that's why they release Final Fantasy 4: the After Years and Mega Man 9 right?

NOT Indie developers, and they have been outselling many of the current Wiiware games.

Uhh, Nintendo didn't release those, chief.

If you want to say those are bad guys, then yes, they're using their name to steal sales from independent devs.

For some reason you want Nintendo to be the same way.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

9. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

irken004 wrote:

and that's why they release Final Fantasy 4: the After Years and Mega Man 9 right?

NOT Indie developers, and they have been outselling many of the current Wiiware games.

Uhh, Nintendo didn't release those, chief.

If you want to say those are bad guys, then yes, they're using their name to steal sales from independent devs.

For some reason you want Nintendo to be the same way.

at least then we would have more high-quality games compared to other wii-based shovelware

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BMF_JOE

10. Posted:

lol stay on topic

BMF_JOE

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

11. Posted:

BMF+JOE wrote:

lol stay on topic

sorry! :)

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

12. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

at least then we would have more high-quality games compared to other wii-based shovelware

So you DO want Nintendo to take away sales from independent devs.

That's great.

Another reason I hate Nintendo fans. Nintendo announces a new downloadable service to help out those that can't afford to release their games retail and Nintendo fans are like "No screw that, give me MARIO AND ZELDA!!!1"

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

13. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

irken004 wrote:

at least then we would have more high-quality games compared to other wii-based shovelware

So you DO want Nintendo to take away sales from independent devs.

That's great.

Another reason I hate Nintendo fans. Nintendo announces a new downloadable service to help out those that can't afford to release their games retail and Nintendo fans are like "No screw that, give me MARIO AND ZELDA!!!1"

Don't forget Metroid :) Metroid Prime 3 is one of the few FPS's that i like.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

14. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

irken004 wrote:

and that's why they release Final Fantasy 4: the After Years and Mega Man 9 right?

NOT Indie developers, and they have been outselling many of the current Wiiware games.

Uhh, Nintendo didn't release those, chief.

If you want to say those are bad guys, then yes, they're using their name to steal sales from independent devs.

For some reason you want Nintendo to be the same way.

Yea and with the Wiiwares limitations Nintendo could easily make a remake of a great game like oh Duck Hunt or Ice Climbers or something.

Anyway Nintendo already made many Wiiware titles to begin with and it doesn`t seem to be hurting any indie devs what-so-ever just look at the developers of WoG, Tetris, My Aquarium, FFIV, & more.

So Alexsays does the same go for the DSiware service or am I just nuts?

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BMF_JOE

15. Posted:

weirdadam wrote:

Water Warfare.

LOL GIVING MODERN WARFARE A RUN FOR ITS MONEY LOL

BMF_JOE

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

16. Posted:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Anyway Nintendo already made many Wiiware titles to begin with and it doesn`t seem to be hurting any indie devs what-so-ever just look at the developers of WoG, Tetris, My Aquarium, FFIV, & more.

So Alexsays does the same go for the DSiware service or am I just nuts?

Nintendo only released one big name and they did that early in the service's life when there wasn't many games.

If they released Mario, Zelda, and whatever else Nintendo nuts want on a consistent basis, other games would suffer, that's common sense.

Nintendo hasn't said anything about DSiWare. They specifically said they'd keep their big names from WiiWare and let independent devs have a shot.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

17. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

irken004 wrote:

at least then we would have more high-quality games compared to other wii-based shovelware

So you DO want Nintendo to take away sales from independent devs.

That's great.

Another reason I hate Nintendo fans. Nintendo announces a new downloadable service to help out those that can't afford to release their games retail and Nintendo fans are like "No screw that, give me MARIO AND ZELDA!!!1"

If you would pay attention to the Top 20 Wiiware games posted every Wednesday, you`d see that even when Nintendo has the Art Style series, Pokemon Ranch, & Dr. Mario RX released shovelware seems to be a mile ahead on the charts.
Toki Tori left the charts waaay before Pong Toss did or even SPOGS for that matter.
Shovelware sells on Wiiware and Nintendo`s efforts seize to sell at a ground-breaking level like other titles have.

Other than My Pokemon Ranch and Dr. Mario RX have you seen a Nintendo Wiiware title stay on the charts for more than a Month?

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BMF_JOE

18. Posted:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

irken004 wrote:

at least then we would have more high-quality games compared to other wii-based shovelware

So you DO want Nintendo to take away sales from independent devs.

That's great.

Another reason I hate Nintendo fans. Nintendo announces a new downloadable service to help out those that can't afford to release their games retail and Nintendo fans are like "No screw that, give me MARIO AND ZELDA!!!1"

If you would pay attention to the Top 20 Wiiware games posted every Wednesday, you`d see that even when Nintendo has the Art Style series, Pokemon Ranch, & Dr. Mario RX released shovelware seems to be a mile ahead on the charts.
Toki Tori left the charts waaay before Pong Toss did or even SPOGS for that matter.
Shovelware sells on Wiiware and Nintendo`s efforts seize to sell at a ground-breaking level like other titles have.

Other than My Pokemon Ranch and Dr. Mario RX have you seen a Nintendo Wiiware title stay on the charts for more than a Month?

Ok so how do you feel about more fps on wiiware?

BMF_JOE

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

19. Posted:

Chrono Cross, did you seriously list Tetris and Final Fantasy as indie games...?

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

20. Posted:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Shovelware sells on Wiiware and Nintendo`s efforts seize to sell at a ground-breaking level like other titles have.

Don't care about your "shovelware"

That's now a word used to describe games people don't like, so I don't care what you classify as shovelware.

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Other than My Pokemon Ranch and Dr. Mario RX have you seen a Nintendo Wiiware title stay on the charts for more than a Month?

That's because they're not releasing Mario, Zelda, and others despite the outcries of their childish fans.

AlexSays