Forums

Topic: Which game(s) should I get?

Posts 1 to 20 of 24

Hyper_Metal_Sonic

I have 1,900 points left over and I was thinking of getting:
Onslaught+Eduardo on Monday
or
Onslaught+Bit.Trip:Beat+One song on Guitar Hero
or
Bit.Trip:Beat+Eduardo+Two Guitar Hero songs
Any and all help would be appreciated!

3DS Number - 3952-7010-8227
Steam ID - hypermetalsonic

Adam

Bit Trip is generally the better received game between it and Onslaught. Hard to know if Eduardo will be good, but I'm betting it will be. I love old 2D run n guns, especially with multi-player. I'd go with your last choice, or at least wait for the review here.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

irken004

i'd go with the last choice if Eduardo ends up being good

and btw nice avatar! love that movie (and Tim Burton's other films!)

Hyper_Metal_Sonic

Thanks for the input, I enjoy classic run n guns myself, and I enjoy the retroness of Bit.Trip:Beat. Also I'll be getting The Conduit later on in the month so that really be my FPS fill for a while(FPS's aren't one of my favorite genre, but I do enjoy them here and there).

And thank you irken004 he Burton's one of my favorite directors ever _ and Sweeney has become one of my favorite films.

Edited on by Hyper_Metal_Sonic

3DS Number - 3952-7010-8227
Steam ID - hypermetalsonic

irken004

Hyper+Metal+Sonic wrote:

Thanks for the input, I enjoy classic run n guns myself, and I enjoy the retroness of Bit.Trip:Beat. Also I'll be getting The Conduit later on in the month so that really be my FPS fill for a while(FPS's aren't one of my favorite genre, but I do enjoy them here and there).

And thank you irken004 he Burton's one of my favorite directors ever _ and Sweeney has become one of my favorite films.

personally, i find bit trip beat better despite only having 3 songs to play, though onslaught has a fun campaign mode

and Nightmare Before Christmas is a fave movie of mine (followed by Sweeney Todd, Sleepy Hollow, Mars Attacks, etc. lol)

Adam

By the way, since it looks like you're a Depp fan, have you heard of Public Enemies? It looks good, and I couldn't believe they cast Depp. It was cute when he did Scissorhands and one or two other Burton flicks, but it's so old now. I didn't realize he could act anything other than "Look how quirky I am!" To cast him as Dillinger though... Did not see that coming.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

irken004

weirdadam wrote:

By the way, since it looks like you're a Depp fan, have you heard of Public Enemies? It looks good, and I couldn't believe they cast Depp. It was cute when he did Scissorhands and one or two other Burton flicks, but it's so old now. I didn't realize he could act anything other than "Look how quirky I am!" To cast him as Dillinger though... Did not see that coming.

YES! i want to see that movie so badly! and did u know Depp is going to be the Mad-Hatter in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland? i think he'd be great

Edited on by irken004

Hyper_Metal_Sonic

Yeah Public Enemies is one of my most anticipated summer flicks, I'm a fan of Christian Bale too(mostly for his work in films like American Psycho and The Machinist, The Dark Knight was a great film but now it seems like a lot of his "action roles" just involve him with a raspy rawr voice DX), and I'm a fan of Alice in Wonderland in general(the book is really interesting) so it was a dream come true to hear Burton+Depp involved(sorry for making this go kinda go offtopic DX dunno if that's frowned upon here lol).

3DS Number - 3952-7010-8227
Steam ID - hypermetalsonic

irken004

Hyper+Metal+Sonic wrote:

(sorry for making this go kinda go offtopic DX dunno if that's frowned upon here lol).

eh, it happens

Adam

Heh, well, the topic seems to have been concluded, so I don't see how it hurts. If you were interrupting an on-going topic, that would be more problematic. Plus, you're the OP. That basically makes you president of this thread.

You know, now that you guys mention it, I did hear about Alice in Wonderland being redone. As worn out by the Burton - Depp duo as I am (they really need to start seeing other people, it's getting to be too samey, to me), that's something I'd likely see. I loved the animation and the live action movie when I was little. Haven't read the book yet, but I'd like to eventually.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

irken004

weirdadam wrote:

Heh, well, the topic seems to have been concluded, so I don't see how it hurts. If you were interrupting an on-going topic, that would be more problematic. Plus, you're the OP. That basically makes you president of this thread.

You know, now that you guys mention it, I did hear about Alice in Wonderland being redone. As worn out by the Burton - Depp duo as I am (they really need to start seeing other people, it's getting to be too samey, to me), that's something I'd likely see. I loved the animation and the live action movie when I was little. Haven't read the book yet, but I'd like to eventually.

yea, and i heard in an interview with Burton that one of the scenes will include cel-animation, stop-motion-animation, CGi, and live action effects all in one

it'll be a treat for the eyes o.O

Charlie_The_Unicorn

I recommend option #3. BTB rocks.

Tomena Sanner: Because dancing businessmen are awesome.

Hyper_Metal_Sonic

Yeah the animated movie is great also, and I do kinda agree I would like to see them branch off a little more. The new Burton version will feature(supposedly) Live action, hand drawn animation, stop motion, CGI, the works, sounds really. . .dare I say for lack of a better word magical XD.

EDIT: Looks like you already beat me too it XD that's what I get for being in a conversation and brawling at the same time >_>.

Edited on by Hyper_Metal_Sonic

3DS Number - 3952-7010-8227
Steam ID - hypermetalsonic

irken004

Hyper+Metal+Sonic wrote:

Yeah the animated movie is great also, and I do kinda agree I would like to see them branch off a little more. The new Burton version will feature(supposedly) Live action, hand drawn animation, stop motion, CGI, the works, sounds really. . .dare I say for lack of a better word magical XD.

EDIT: Looks like you already beat me too it XD that's what I get for being in a conversation and brawling at the same time >_>.

lol super smash bros. brawl i presume?

Hyper_Metal_Sonic

irken004 wrote:

Hyper+Metal+Sonic wrote:

Yeah the animated movie is great also, and I do kinda agree I would like to see them branch off a little more. The new Burton version will feature(supposedly) Live action, hand drawn animation, stop motion, CGI, the works, sounds really. . .dare I say for lack of a better word magical XD.

EDIT: Looks like you already beat me too it XD that's what I get for being in a conversation and brawling at the same time >_>.

lol super smash bros. brawl i presume?

lol yep, can get quite addicting at times;

3DS Number - 3952-7010-8227
Steam ID - hypermetalsonic

irken004

Hyper+Metal+Sonic wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Hyper+Metal+Sonic wrote:

Yeah the animated movie is great also, and I do kinda agree I would like to see them branch off a little more. The new Burton version will feature(supposedly) Live action, hand drawn animation, stop motion, CGI, the works, sounds really. . .dare I say for lack of a better word magical XD.

EDIT: Looks like you already beat me too it XD that's what I get for being in a conversation and brawling at the same time >_>.

lol super smash bros. brawl i presume?

lol yep, can get quite addicting at times;

i know that addiction quite well, i'm having it with Mario Kart Wii

Hyper_Metal_Sonic

I love Mario Kart Wii(more so than Brawl dare I say?)

3DS Number - 3952-7010-8227
Steam ID - hypermetalsonic

irken004

Hyper+Metal+Sonic wrote:

I love Mario Kart Wii(more so than Brawl dare I say?)

i would say so, why not join us 2mmorrow in our online tournament? we have alot of racers entering this time!

it's at 3:00 p.m. 2mmorrow Central Standard Time. (that is, if u play online)

Hyper_Metal_Sonic

Thanks for the invite, if I'm not doing anything I'll take you up on that offer _. Do I need to sign up anywhere before hand?

3DS Number - 3952-7010-8227
Steam ID - hypermetalsonic

irken004

Hyper+Metal+Sonic wrote:

Thanks for the invite, if I'm not doing anything I'll take you up on that offer _. Do I need to sign up anywhere before hand?

nope, just enter my Mario Kart wii code and give me ur code (mine is in the Signature section below)

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic