Forums

Topic: What ever happened to demos?

Posts 41 to 43 of 43

Crunchewy

cheetahman91 wrote:

Really? I thought for sure XBLA would have a demo for every game. (Dunno 'bout PS3)

Yes, all downloadable games on the Xbox have demos, including Xbox Live Arcade, Indie and retail games that are available as full downloads. And on top of that even some retail disc-only games have demos. At the very least the Wii should have demos for all WiiWare and VC games. They would be selling me a lot more games if they did. I suppose Nintendo will get a clue only once we get the sequel to the Wii. Maybe not even then? Sigh.

Crunchewy

Incognito_D

They should definitely implement more demos. I wouldn't have even noticed NyxQuest, let alone paid to download it, if it hadn't been for the demo impressing me in the first place.

シェンムー

JebbyDeringer

I liked demos when I had the Xbox 360 (it died of course). It was great to try some games first though now I just rely on reviews alone. Part of the problem is the Wii's pathetic 512mb storage. I've got maybe 8 Wiiware games at most installed on there and it's full. I've got more on an SD card but it's a bit annoying that you have to download to the internal memory and then move it off to SD. I'd rather just be able to skip the internal memory altogether and use my 16gb SD card for everything including having them show up on the home screen rather than an SD menu. Also when you run a game off the SD card it transfers it back to Wii memory which can also be a problem if it's near full.

JebbyDeringer

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.