WiiWare Forum

Topic: WHat does everyone have against Digital leisure, Bplus, and the like?

Showing 1 to 20 of 25

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

1. Posted:

Okay, the comments I've seen about developers are pretty annoying. Everyone hates on Digital Leisure and Bplus for no reason. You may say "They've made bad games! TIM and Plattchen!" But A. You more than likely haven't played those yet and B. That's one game.
Seriously, you should try the games first. Both TIM and Plattchen were pretty decent. And most of you haven't tried Plattchen and haven't touched TIM. I played TIM and actually, like I said, the controls weren't bad at all. Once you get used to them, it's about every bit as fun as SMBBB. Yet since you haven't tried, your just judging by this review.
Plattchen was also pretty decent. Try it. None of you have. You just said "OMG B+ needs to stop making games lololol" Seriously, try before you judge.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Djungelurban

2. Posted:

I've only heard bad things about Plättchen and I've actually bought Niki and that game had huge problems when it comes to the controls. So that would be two games of sub par quality. And when it comes to Digital Leisure, they crank out shovelware and as it seems shovelware of rather bad quality. There doesn't seem to be any real effort put into them, they just take a concept that they think could sell and then they just do the bare minimum to turn it into a finished product. They seem to be a company that deep down doesn't really care the slightest about making games but instead just wanna make money. I mean, I don't think there are any people out there that is dream about becoming a game developer so that they can make the kind of games they churn out... Also, games like that cheapens the service and destroys it reputation kinda. And we don't like neither.

My backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

3. Posted:

I played Niki, and it was awful. After trying one bad game by a developer, it would be wasteful to spend money on another game by the same developer that got an even worse review just because some guy on a forum made a baseless assumption that no one has tried these games.

Anyway, I am intrigued by Vector Tank. Also, what's TIM?

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Djungelurban

4. Posted:

The Incredible Maze I presume...

My backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

5. Posted:

Ah, didn't know that was them. That actually looks fun, but I love old marble labyrinth games.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ricardo91

6. Posted:

__adam wrote:

Ah, didn't know that was them. That actually looks fun, but I love old marble labyrinth games.

Digital Leisure made that little gem. :P

Just Because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!- Homer Simpson
Nintendolife Chat. I'm never in it, but it's good to ptomote these things.
VC-Forums. We're desperate. Please join.
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Philip_J_Reed

7. Posted:

Don't forget that that B-Plus guy was hanging around WWW for months, commenting on articles and building anticipation for Plattchen...but pretending to be a fan and not the developer. When his identity was revealed people felt a little cheated by that, and I can't blame them.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rawk_Hawk

8. Posted:

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

Don't forget that that B-Plus guy was hanging around WWW for months, commenting on articles and building anticipation for Plattchen...but pretending to be a fan and not the developer. When his identity was revealed people felt a little cheated by that, and I can't blame them.

Yes but thats what makes checking posts so fun :) It's a little game we like to call Guess who's a developer pretending to be a fan.

"Practice hospitality. bless and do not curse." Romans 12:13-14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KDR_11k

9. Posted:

Niki was so horrible that even if Plättchen was the Citizen Kane of videogaming they'd still have a net negative score.

Also the talk about "try the games first" doesn't help since the only way to try them is to buy them and I for one am not going to spend a whole 2000 point card (500 TIM (IIRC), 1500 Plättchen) just to prove that a game is shit.

Raincoat whore!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

calculon

10. Posted:

@Tony: It's also incredibly bad practice for a professional developer.

I've bought both Niki and Plattchen and they are sub-par. I hate everything about Niki from the controls to the UI for navigating between menus and worlds. The graphics are the best thing about the game and they look cheap.

I can only assume that Bplus actually tried to make their games look like they were more popular by releasing soundtracks. Why? The only reason I presume is to boost sales by presenting a false image of success. After all, it was an ideal opportunity: people were clamouring all over the downloadable World-of-Goo soundtrack because it WAS a good game.

As for Digital Leisure, I've never bought their WiiWare game(s - is there more than one?) but I'd rather go on the opinion of people who have similar ideas of what makes a good game so I've never wanted to buy their work either.

Edited on by calculon

First you get the sugar, then you get the power, then you get the women.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

11. Posted:

I'm still willing to give Bplus the benefit of the doubt about that new Vektor game even if the trailer is a bit vague and fuzzy looking. Anyone that keeps on plugging away after getting the slagging they have deserves a little respect in my book...

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nintendork

12. Posted:

I have nothing against Digital Leisure, I think they just create games that are decent fun, not extraordinary. B-plus however, not only create games that make me wish Nintendo had a return policy, but they try to hype a game by disguising their identity. It seemed like they took very little effort on a game with a long development time (just like Microsoft products, by the way).

That's why you're still a kid.
ADD ME ON PSN: xnintendorkx
Youtube account: xNintendorkx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Clayfrd

13. Posted:

Nintendork wrote:

I have nothing against Digital Leisure, I think they just create games that are decent fun, not extraordinary. B-plus however, not only create games that make me wish Nintendo had a return policy, but they try to hype a game by disguising their identity. It seemed like they took very little effort on a game with a long development time (just like Microsoft products, by the way).

Ugh. Stop with the fanboy crap. I agree that Bplus isn't so great, but I have nothing against Microsoft. I have made similar statements about MS, but one day I thought, "Wait! I'm just spouting crap about a company without having any information to back it up! Furthermore, they now own Rare!" I then got a 360 and have been 10 times happier since. And in terms of Microsoft products in general, I surely hope you aren't bashing Windows as well. All that broken glass might hurt you.

Clayfrd

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

14. Posted:

Why do you assume it is fanboy crap? Just because he has a different opinion about a company you like, he can't possibly have tried a 360 himself? I've played quite a few games on the system, and I'm not at all impressed. I don't consider myself a fanboy. I don't even like a lot of Nintendo's recent 1st party games. Metroid 3? Twilight Princess? Pssh, boring. But no worse than Halo or Gears of War.
Windows isn't too bad, but it's also not really what was being discussed.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nintendork

15. Posted:

Clayfrd wrote:

Nintendork wrote:

I have nothing against Digital Leisure, I think they just create games that are decent fun, not extraordinary. B-plus however, not only create games that make me wish Nintendo had a return policy, but they try to hype a game by disguising their identity. It seemed like they took very little effort on a game with a long development time (just like Microsoft products, by the way).

Ugh. Stop with the fanboy crap. I agree that Bplus isn't so great, but I have nothing against Microsoft. I have made similar statements about MS, but one day I thought, "Wait! I'm just spouting crap about a company without having any information to back it up! Furthermore, they now own Rare!" I then got a 360 and have been 10 times happier since. And in terms of Microsoft products in general, I surely hope you aren't bashing Windows as well. All that broken glass might hurt you.

Sorry, the computers. Not the 360, the computers. I do hate most of the games on the X-box, however. Also, Rare hasn't been making any good games nowadays, so I can hardly see that as a reason to prove your point.

Edited on by Nintendork

That's why you're still a kid.
ADD ME ON PSN: xnintendorkx
Youtube account: xNintendorkx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Wiiloveit

16. Posted:

calculon wrote:

As for Digital Leisure, I've never bought their WiiWare game(s - is there more than one?) but I'd rather go on the opinion of people who have similar ideas of what makes a good game so I've never wanted to buy their work either.

Yes, they also made Sudoku Challenge.

As for the whole Bplus debate, I'm going to say this: Plattchen was a decent game if you put the effort and time into it, it just takes a bit of getting used to. The game is really long and definitely worth the 1500 points. Niki was also a challenging little platformer, and despite what people say, the controls are absolutely fine, and the retro controls are flawless.
That's all I'm going to say, because that's all that there is to say, and if people gave Bplus' games a chance, they would understand.

@Chicken Brutus: I don't recall him ever pretending to be someone else. For example, his first post in the Plattchen thread went as follows: Hello Nintendofans! =D
I am here to answer all of your questions about PLÄTTCHEN - twist 'n' paint! We don't like too much secrets too, but it is hard to describe a game which works in a fresh, new way.
Online would have been great, but we are a new (small) Developer and Nintendo told us that for OnlineGameplay we should calculate about 1 YEAR OF DEVELOPMENT TIME! Huge companies like Nintendo or Hudson with online-games already available are able to do this in a shorter time frame but we wanted, and needed our first game coming out this year - after a development time of 1.5 years!

I think that if anyone couldn't work out he was developing the game, they'd be pretty dumb.

Edited on by Wiiloveit

It's Wiiloveit, not WiiLoveIt. So there. Wanna play online? E-mail me: billy at wiiloveit dot com
Twitter | YouTube | Mah website | WiiloveitTV (YouTube)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CyberEdZ

17. Posted:

I have only purchased one Digital Leisure WiiWare game and that's Texas Hold'em Tournament. If it is a fair reflection of the quality of their product it will be a long time before I buy another.

Bug-ridden would be a kind way to describe it, at least in online mode. They also seem less than interested in bug reports - they certainly don't seem to be doing anything about them. As has been said above, it seems all they are interested in is making a fast buck.

Edited on by CyberEdZ

Providing succour to underachievers since 1972.

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Philip_J_Reed

18. Posted:

Wiiloveit wrote:

@Chicken Brutus: I don't recall him ever pretending to be someone else. For example, his first post in the Plattchen thread went as follows: [...] I think that if anyone couldn't work out he was developing the game, they'd be pretty dumb.

Fair enough if that's the first post they read, but I remember WiiBoy was hanging around the site before he posted there, commenting on other games and talking up this great new game Plattchen that was going to blow everyone away. He was eventually outed somehow (I can't remember) against his will and confessed that he was the developer, and from then on he made no secret about it.

I think I discovered WWW around the tail end of that, so I'm not sure how long he was hanging around, but I can certainly see why that would rub people the wrong way.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KDR_11k

19. Posted:

The problem with the Niki controls were mostly no air control combined with precision platforming. Yes, the ball did what you inputted but inputting "jump on that tiny platform up there" was a complete nightmare.

Raincoat whore!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chatham

20. Posted:

I love how Nintendo fanboys get mad about long development times on a system that doesn't allow for TUs, which means longer dev times that Sony or MS. And fanboys are mad that Rare made not one, but 2 previously Nintendo-exclusive series and threw them onto 360...

The reason it seems like the competitors are just dumping content onto their system is that they can "patch" anything that isn't caught in initial release... While Nintendo goes over everything with a fine-toothed comb because of their vendetta against updates/patches.

Email: mallrat425@hotmail.com
PSN Name: EricChatham
Wii FC: 1599-5101-5844-5527
Too many codes to list... E-mail me, add me, and then we'll go from there...
The #2 hookadikka
I have WiiSpeak, The Conduit, COD, All GH/RB, and pretty much everything else online...