WiiWare Forum

Topic: What do you think will be are 100th wiiware game?

Showing 1 to 20 of 20

AuthorMessage

Storm_Owl

1. Posted:

78 games now (in the USA) I think it will be a Nintendo game but a Mega man 10 Would be a treat =P

This account is dead move along please.

AuthorMessage

ReZon

2. Posted:

A Nintendo-made unannounced title would be nice. A new 2D Metroid? Zelda Four Swords with online?

We'll find out in another 22 weeks (fixed!)..

Edited on by ReZon

Tatsunoko vs Capcom - 0045-4226-761
http://flipnote.hatena.com/518C63F031CA4938@DSi/

AuthorMessage

Toddr

3. Posted:

I think you mean 22 weeks. 22 months would be hell.

Wii friend code: 4851 0320 2775 0243 MarioKart Wii: 3008 3258 4955 Super Smash Bros Brawl: 3180 1076 7318

AuthorMessage

ReZon

4. Posted:

Toddr wrote:

I think you mean 22 weeks. 22 months would be hell.

That's what I meant indeed. Typos ftl. :(

Tatsunoko vs Capcom - 0045-4226-761
http://flipnote.hatena.com/518C63F031CA4938@DSi/

AuthorMessage

Cheezy

5. Posted:

Probably a Mario game or something lol.

Who Are You?

AuthorMessage

Adam

6. Posted:

Actually, I'd guess a third-party title. Nintendo is taking a lot of efforts to help third-parties lately, particularly on the WiiWare side where they claim they want 3rd parties to shine. Their only presence on the downloadable front has been Art Style, not any big name franchises which would overshadow all other releases. Then they're publishing Sin & Punishment 2 by Treasure (and even released the original as the sole import and non-Nintendo-owned franchise on the N64 to introduce us to the series in advance). And they're letting third parties lead the way with Wii MotionPlus (which is a great idea). Nintendo doesn't seem at all interested in putting big development teams behind WiiWare for their own games.

On that note, I'd love to guess Mega Man X9, but Capcom went with a near-simultaneous cross-platform release for MM9, so they wouldn't want Nintendo hold it back until the 200th title. Cave Story would have been the perfect title -- but fortunately we won't have to wait that long. :)

So I don't really have a clue. I just know what I don't expect: a 2D rebirth of a classic Nintendo franchise... though I'd love to be proven wrong!

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Atlantis1982

7. Posted:

I recall an article, in Kotaku, about Ninty NOT doing any major franchises on Wii-Ware. I look it up, but on the Net Channel.

Atlantis1982

AuthorMessage

Digiki

8. Posted:

I expect that the 100th game won't get any sort of special mention.

Digiki's Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Party_On_Dude

9. Posted:

Probably just be more shovelware if an eventual number 100 WiiWare game ever does come around?! :_

Party_On_Dude

AuthorMessage

Charlie_The_Unicorn

10. Posted:

I bet it could be a highly anticipated game (remeber Super Mario RPG as the 250th VC game?)
Anyways, If we continue to get 1 game per week, we should have our 100th game on Monday September 21st, 2009.

Edited on by Charlie_The_Unicorn

Tomena Sanner: Because dancing businessmen are awesome.

AuthorMessage

goldwyvern

11. Posted:

O_o my birthday is late september... if that 100th game is good, then I'll get it with birthday wii points.

goldwyvern

AuthorMessage

MickEiA

12. Posted:

how much wiiware releases do Europe have

MickEiA

AuthorMessage

VGM

13. Posted:

I agree with ReZon they should put a Zelda Four Swords online because Zelda FSA for the gamecube doesn't work on wii.

VGM = Video Game Musician
http://twitter.com/VGP94

AuthorMessage

PALgamer

14. Posted:

MickEiA wrote:

how much wiiware releases do Europe have

We have 62 (+1 if you add tomorrows WW). And NTSC has 79.

PAL is the new NTSC

AuthorMessage

mastersworddude

15. Posted:

The reason NTSC has more is because all the shovelware.

Playstation Network: Chaos2K10
3DS Friend Code: 4210-4911-1401

AuthorMessage

geek-master

16. Posted:

RUNESCAPE for wii XD if it were only 1500 points it would be a steel with online play and use of the motion controlls like swinging your sword with the wii remote or cutting tree's

Edited on by geek-master

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

17. Posted:

Lets all just hope it`s NOT shovelware! ...well I mean thats obvious but... but, but-just shut up!!

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

mastersworddude

18. Posted:

Im thinking a mario, zelda, metroid etc game.

Playstation Network: Chaos2K10
3DS Friend Code: 4210-4911-1401

AuthorMessage

Storm_Owl

19. Posted:

Charlie+The+Unicorn wrote:

September 21st, 2009.

That is around the same time Mega man 9 Released :O (Crosses Fingers Mega man 10 Mega man 10 Mega man 10)

This account is dead move along please.

AuthorMessage

Wiiloveit

20. Posted:

Mega man 10
I doubt it - they would've probably announced something by now. Wait until after E3 - if there's still no word, it's not coming.

This debate seems a bit random though, tbh, since it's far too far away to call. For the sake of it though, let's just say.... ooh, I dunno... Super Mario Galaxy 2.

It's Wiiloveit, not WiiLoveIt. So there. Wanna play online? E-mail me: billy at wiiloveit dot com
Twitter | YouTube | Mah website | WiiloveitTV (YouTube)