Forums

Topic: We still don't have a Void thread!?

Posts 41 to 48 of 48

Adam

I must say I thought platformer, too, but I don't know why. He doesn't jump or anything.

I'd love to see these guys make a platformer though. As much as I'd love more of the same from them, they've said the next one will be more distinct from previous entries in the series, and what could be better than a platformer next? I'd love to see Commander Video dodging beats while running through an Adventure Island-ish level with a Bit Trip aesthetic.

In fact, I think I would poop myself.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Philip_J_Reed

In one of the early interviews, they mentioned something about a Bit.Trip title that would be like Jungle Hunt in terms of gameplay...though HOW much like Jungle Hunt, who knows.

But anyway, if I remember Jungle Hunt correctly, the game auto-scrolled, and you couldn't control the character's running...just his jumping. Watching that final cutscene, for some reason, reminded me of that. Maybe a level that scrolls by on its own, and you just have to jump over bad bits, jumping up to catch good bits, that sort of thing?

No idea. But I'm definitely looking forward to teases of the next one!

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Adam

That does sound very much like something that could be Bit Tripped the heck out.

Come on, friends,

Philip_J_Reed

Found the interview in question, if anyone's interested:
http://wiiware.nintendolife.com/news/2009/02/gaijin_games_int...

Third question from the end.

Also, I seem to recall Void teasers appearing pretty darn soon after Core came out...hopefully we'll be getting hints of the new one before long.

EDIT: And here's a video review of Jungle Hunt to jog some memories...
[youtube:oMwZ9zZNaPY]

Edited on by Philip_J_Reed

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

iphys

Next time you guys load up the game, try running your void over the bit in "Bit.Trip" on the title screen.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Adam

Been there done that

Come on, friends,

iphys

And you didn't tell the rest of us? Does it work before you beat the game? These Bit.Trip title screens always trip me up. Beat took me 5 minutes to figure out how I was supposed to start the game, Core still always takes me 2 or 3 tries to launch it, and the first time I played Void I went straight for the "collect" instruction bit instead of the "Id" bit and couldn't figure out why nothing was happening.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Adam

Haha, Void is the only one whose title screen confused me. I didn't notice that beat until I beat the game, so I don't know if it works before, sorry. I didn't notice until late last month, and I just didn't think to post it.

Come on, friends,

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.