Forums

Topic: Vaporware...

Posts 1 to 9 of 9

ShamusErhin26

I have had my heart set on cave story for almost a year now. I am beginning to feel i am chasing vaporware. What happened? Was someone high on the totem not impressed? Did they pull the plug? If it is not out by the time i wake up in the morning, I might have to play the PC version and save my points...

ShamusErhin26

V8_Ninja

Vaporware? Please make more sense. I think you mean abandonware, not vaporware. Either way, if the game doesn't come to WiiWare, the PC version is still a solid game. And its free.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

ShamusErhin26

V8+Ninja wrote:

Vaporware? Please make more sense. I think you mean abandonware, not vaporware. Either way, if the game doesn't come to WiiWare, the PC version is still a solid game. And its free.

Sorry, vaporware is a real word, but they have not used it since the 70's and 80's computer mags. I do forget sometimes that its not a word people through around anymore. Yes the PC version is amazing, I guess i was just looking for a rebirth of sorts...

ShamusErhin26

_zoipi

V8 Ninja: Vaporware IS a word, refering to software that rarely sees the light, like Duke Nukem Forever or Sadness...

_zoipi

Twitter:

valleyoftheunos

With a simple program you can use your Wii remote with your PC or Laptop and play Caves just as it will play on your Wii.

valleyoftheunos

bro2dragons

@valley: if it's really that simple, then why is it taking so long? i've not played the original, but with all the praise it gets, i'm looking forward to the WiiWare release...

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

valleyoftheunos

@bro I dont know why Caves is taking so long, the simple program I was talking about is called Darwiin Remote.

valleyoftheunos

theblackdragon

Dante's already linked you to the other thread about this, but if you want to download Cave Story for your home computer and play it, no one is stopping you. Surely the creator knows too that many people have already played the free version of his game and may not end up buying the WiiWare version because they feel it will be exactly the same experience, which is their choice. No big deal. :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.