Showing 1 to 20 of 28
1. Posted: Tue 12th May 2009 02:02 BST
I'd like to see what each person here considers Wiiwares top 10 games and if you'd like why. Don't quote the top 20 list. I'd like your opinions.
3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.
"NO SOUP FOR YOU!" the Soup Nazi
2. Posted: Tue 12th May 2009 02:29 BST
I don't think there are 10 good ones, but I'll try:
1. Mega Man 92. Bit Trip Beat3. Dr. Mario4. Tetris Party5. Art Style: Orbient6. Lost Winds7. Lit8. Gradius Rebirth9. Bomberman Blast10. Art Style: Rotohex
Edited on Tue 12th May, 2009 @ 03:21 by Adam
Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.
3. Posted: Tue 12th May 2009 02:36 BST
1) Mega Man 92) Bit Trip Beat3) Art Style: Cubello4) Art Style: Orbient5) Onslaught6) World of Goo7) Alien Crush Returns8) Tetris Party9) Lostwinds10) Opera Browser (?)
4. Posted: Tue 12th May 2009 02:46 BST
1) BIT.TRIP BEAT 2) Mega Man 93) Art Style: Orbient4) World of Goo5) Lost Winds6) Lit7) Um...8) I haven't bought Dr. Mario or Tetris...9) Because I've already bought those games a million times...10) But I'm sure they're good.
5. Posted: Tue 12th May 2009 03:00 BST
I like seeing how you all fill in the last few of the top 10. funny.@Commander video - BIG surprise on YOUR #1 game. By the way, I just found out that you put out a video for the new game. cool.
6. Posted: Tue 12th May 2009 03:22 BST
Ah, how did I forget about Art Style! Updated my list.
7. Posted: Tue 12th May 2009 04:49 BST
Vendetta's Top 10 WiiWare titles. YMMV
10.) Lit - Playfully dark puzzler, decent soundtrack, good learning curve, clever use of the flashli... I mean Wii remote.9.) Art Style: ORBIENT - clever and difficult to master, its chill soundtrack makes that damn collision sound hard to take.8.) Groovin Blocks - Think "Tetris, but with a goal:" stack blocks 'til the tune ends and enjoy the explosions along the way.7.) Space Invaders Get Even (WITH DLC, otherwise it doesn't rate) - Good, clean, unbridaled vengence and destruction.6.) Onslaught - An excellent value and a respectable FPS in it's own right, it does the WiiWare service proud.5.) Alien Crush - I hate pinball, but love this game; that's gotta be good for something.4.) Lost Winds - Tough to top this game in pure unadulterated quality, just a bit short on length.3.) Bonsai Barber - Arguably the most unique and unexpected title on the service, lots of easter eggs to hunt for.2.) Bit.Trip: Beat - The first game in 15+ years that made me laugh, a delightful blend of pure enjoyment and nervous tension....And the number one WiiWare title is.... (drumrolll.........cymbal!)1.) World of Goo - Surprise, surprise. Brilliant visuals, amazing soundscape, makes all other puzzlers look inept.
Is it next Monday yet?
Edited on Tue 12th May, 2009 @ 04:52 by Vendetta
Ex cineribus resurgoWii / Speak / Music: 3991 9961 5576 0184 · · · · Mario Kart Wii: 3609 8999 1445· · · · · · · ·Alien Crush: 1934 4006 9660The Conduit: 2622 0458 3119· · · · · · · · · · · · · · Water Warfare: 4726 5832 1608· · · · · · · Onslaught: 0388 6842 8268
8. Posted: Tue 12th May 2009 05:12 BST
@Vendetta - Yea. I agree with everything you said about Bonsai Barber. It was a nice surprise. quality game too. The opposite of what many of us probably thought it would be.
So you don't like pinball but you love Alien Crush? Why do you think that is? By the way, I haven't got it yet.
I've got most of the games you have listed here and half of SIGE. The only ones I don't have are: Grooven Blocks, Alien Crush, and Lost Winds.
9. Posted: Tue 12th May 2009 05:34 BST
Hahaaa, so true! I'll be the first to admit it, LTG, I was disgusted by Bonsai Barber's title alone. Like, "you've got to be freakin' kidding me!" disgusted. So by that calculus, expectation versus delivery that is, this game is the biggest success. However, by that same measure, "World of Goo" is a close runner-up.
Regarding Alien Crush, it's just a very cool game with an excellent, albiet repetitive soundtrack. Once you acquire the unlockable balls, the game takes on a whole new feeling. I was never a fan of arcade pinball games, probably 'cause I sucked at them. But this? This makes up for all those quarters I surrendered back in the day. Alien Crush is a staple in my "pick-up 'n' play" fold. Recommended.
Same with Groovin' Blocks... I was never a big Tetris fanatic (recalling the days of every slacker in the office playing it on company time). But again with the soundtrack, and a finish line to each stage. Makes it infinitely more playable - and enjoyable - in my opinion.
Lost Winds... wow, that's one you just have to bite the bullet and purchase. It's a clinic on quality production values. Trust me, and feel free to verify with the forum. The praise is far and wide, despite the game's short length. Virtually everyone is salivating for the sequel, for what that's worth.
Edited on Tue 12th May, 2009 @ 05:36 by Vendetta
10. Posted: Tue 12th May 2009 06:10 BST
I've been holding off on buying a lot of WiiWare titles, mainly because I have a lot of other stuff on my plate (my stack of library books is a foot tall, and my stack of cheap old PS2 games isn't much shorter. Oh, AND MY LIBRARY CARRIES VIDEO GAMES. I am in media up to my waist at least), but Bit.Trip Beat is definitely worth it. Tetris Party is pretty nice if you have other people that will play it with you; it's pretty boring to have tetris on your big screen by yourself. Unless balance board tetris is that interesting to you (actually, I may play it before I go to sleep just for the hell of it).
I'm kinda disappointed in Gyrostarr, but it would also be more fun with other players, and it's well suited to it. Nice bit of longevity for a WiiWare game, though; if you like tube shmups, you might like it.
11. Posted: Tue 12th May 2009 07:31 BST
Feba - Your library has videogames to checkout? If so, Lucky you. Wish we had that around here.
Edited on Tue 12th May, 2009 @ 16:22 by longtimegamer
12. Posted: Tue 12th May 2009 10:36 BST
Trust me, you don't. I have seen horrors no man should endure.
The library's catalog lists the wait time for Game Party as 1900+ days.
That's half a decade. For a shovelware compilation. Which got TWENTY FIVE on Metacritic.
Let me say that again. People are willing to wait until THE AUTUMN OF TWO-THOUSAND AND FOURTEEN in order to play GAME PARTY.
13. Posted: Tue 12th May 2009 13:43 BST
1. Tetris Party (all the leaderboards and tournaments made this awesome)2. Bit.Trip Beat3. Groovin' Blocks4. World of Goo5. LostWindsHaven't played any others.
Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh
14. Posted: Tue 12th May 2009 14:38 BST
1) World of Goo2) Mega Man 93) Art Style: Orbient4) Bit.Trip: Beat5) Dr. Mario Online Rx6) TV Show King (it's a great drinking game )7) Tetris Party8) Maboshi's Arcade9) Onslaught (wifi only)10) Toki Tori
NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more
15. Posted: Tue 12th May 2009 15:53 BST
1. World of Goo2 Bit Trip Beat3 Art Style Cubello4 Mega Man 95 Art Style Orbient6. Toki Tori7 Equilibrio8 Art Style Rotohex9...10...I can only come up with 8.
I rule when it comes to games. So deal with it.
16. Posted: Tue 12th May 2009 16:25 BST
@Feba - Yea, that is messed up.
17. Posted: Wed 13th May 2009 18:03 BST
In no particular order:ArtStyle: CubelloArtStyle: OrbientArtStyle: RotohexWorld of GooDr MarioLITHelixToki ToriGroovin' BlocksMagnetica Twist
...so I have a thing for puzzlers. =P
Mario Forever! (free nipple suit and gratuitous butt-shots included)PSN: MisterMumbles82
18. Posted: Thu 14th May 2009 00:01 BST
1. World of Goo2. FFCC: My Life As A King3. World of Goo4. Space Invaders Get Even5. World of Goo6. Tetris Party7. Dr. Mario8. World of Goo9. Art Style: Rotohex10. Bit.Trip.Beat
Edited on Thu 14th May, 2009 @ 00:03 by metakirbyknight
Stalk me on my Twitter.Proud Homebrewer.
19. Posted: Thu 14th May 2009 01:14 BST
@feba - Haha that is messed up@pegasus - Grrr, i am blaming you for there being so many puzzlers on Wiiware 1.World of Goo2.Lost Winds3.Bit trip.beat4.Bomberman Blast 5.FF:MLAK6.SI:GE7.Stupid poker game8.Don't own anymore Wiiware9.Swine Flu10.Beer pong/Pong TOSS
This is good
20. Posted: Wed 20th May 2009 11:15 BST
I'll play, but I'll combine PAL/Japan territories:
1. Bit.Trip BEAT2. Space Invaders Get Even3. Pole's Big Adventure4. Mr. Driller World5. Kimi to Boku to Rittai6. Swords and Soldiers7. Contra ReBirth8. Gradius ReBirth9. Bubble Bobble Wii10. Art Style Cubello
Edited on Wed 20th May, 2009 @ 11:15 by Sean_Aaron
BLOG, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron