Forums

Topic: The wait is (almost) over! JETT ROCKET is coming...

Posts 21 to 29 of 29

accc

They're supposedly working on an F-Zero style game for Wiiware next. Can't wait to see how it turns out! Hopefully it includes online play

accc

retired_account

What?! Seriously?! That'd be BOSS. If it has online and local multiplayer, I'm already sold.

retired_account

Woots

@pix coincidentally, I was just playing your game. It rocks!

I've made a huge mistake.

A wild 3DS Friend Code appears: 0473-7844-8530

Follow me on the Twitter: @Pixel_Flip
Formerly Wooton, Lucario1394, DrWootBerg, etc.

Twitter:

Adam

Well, if Nintendo's not going to make a Wii F-Zero, someone has to fill that futuristic racer void in my heart, and judging by this video, I think they could do a great job. Online play sounds like it might be asking much when they already seem to be pushing the limits of WiiWare, I'd be happy with just local, but both would be welcome, certainly.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

fixjuxa

Man...I just don't know about this one. Not that it looks bad but it's just not what I look for in a Wiiware title at all. To me, Wiiware is where you find quirky, unique, or niche titles that wouldn't have a chance in hell of seeing a retail release. You know, your Art Styles, your bit.Trips, your Rebirths, your Megamans and other classic revivals, etc. This looks like a fun but ultimately lesser experience than what you'd get with any number of 3D platformers released at retail.

fixjuxa

argus

fixjuxa wrote:

Man...I just don't know about this one. Not that it looks bad but it's just not what I look for in a Wiiware title at all. To me, Wiiware is where you find quirky, unique, or niche titles that wouldn't have a chance in hell of seeing a retail release. You know, your Art Styles, your bit.Trips, your Rebirths, your Megamans and other classic revivals, etc. This looks like a fun but ultimately lesser experience than what you'd get with any number of 3D platformers released at retail.

But if you compare it to 3D platformers released at retail, then you're probably comparing it to $49.99 titles. Since this game is $10, that's not really fair. In my opinion, the price is the main selling point for this game. If this game turns out to be only half as good as a $49.99 retail title, then I see it as a great value.

argus

Adam

A better comparison, if you have a PS3, is Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty. The graphics are obviously better on PS3, but the aesthetic is similar, and the game play looks similar, too. Quest for Booty was only $15 at launch on PSN, probably less now. I found the length (3 or 4 hours, plus extra difficulty levels, I think) and price surprisingly better suited to this kind of game than the typical retail game, so I'm really looking forward to hearing if this seemingly similar title on WiiWare is also worth it.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.