WiiWare Forum

Topic: The games that have been removed from the wii shop

Showing 101 to 120 of 150

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

101. Posted:

They all f should officially announce these removals at least a week before they put those games down! I hate this stupid policy. They don't give us gamers even a chance!
I wrote 3 emails to Nintendo of Europe and 2 emails to HUDSON SOFT Japan because I want Shootanto: Evolutionary Mayhem. It's a 500 points WiiWare game I bought a 1000 Wii Points card for. It was advertised on Nintendo's website. It STILL is advertised on Nintendo's website. And I asked them why they've put that game down, and asked them to let me buy/download their game somehow. I want SHOOTANTO!! They apologize, but they won't sell it to me! :(
I could buy something else for the 1000pts but I bought the card for a specific, advertised game I really want to play but it was randomly removed all of a sudden and if they can do this then why support the service at all? Do I have to worry about Phoenix Wright 3? I have only downloaded PH1&2 yet. Do I have to frantically buy all those games I wanted before they took em all down?? I want SHOOTANTO! And official annoncements weeks before they take away games!!

Edited on by SKTTR

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

BigBluePanda

102. Posted:

I'm still wondering why NL has never done an article on this.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-2733-3685
Currently playing:
Mario Open Tennis

AuthorMessage

longtimegamer

103. Posted:

BigBluePanda wrote:

Exactly! I believe that I had expected them to do one when we first started realizing this was happening.
I think they should at least do one of those where they ask our opinions. NL is apparently getting well known, so maybe an article might actually catch Nintendos attention.
I really think it's just inconsiderate that they take these down with no warning at all. Heck, if they warned us, they might get a few more sales before they take it off.

Edited on by longtimegamer

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOUP FOR YOU!" the Soup Nazi

AuthorMessage

Neko_Rukiafan

104. Posted:

Exactly I for one would have downloaded The Magic Obilisk had I known it was going to be removed :|

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com
50,000+ Posts
485 Reviews
4,400+ News Articles
420+ Exclusive Articles And Features
311 Members
810+ Twitter Followers!
800+ Facebook Likes!
http://www.wiiwarewave.com/t4311-interview-a-discussion-with-jools-watsham-from-renegade-kid

Twitter: WiiWareWave

AuthorMessage

Rawk_Hawk

105. Posted:

I hate the fact the Hudson has removed games as they are one of the best WW developers. Now I can't find Pit Crew Panic. At least AC Returns, Bomberman Blast and Star Soldier R are still availible.

"Practice hospitality. bless and do not curse." Romans 12:13-14

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

106. Posted:

longtimegamer wrote:

BigBluePanda wrote:

Exactly! I believe that I had expected them to do one when we first started realizing this was happening.
I think they should at least do one of those where they ask our opinions. NL is apparently getting well known, so maybe an article might actually catch Nintendos attention.
I really think it's just inconsiderate that they take these down with no warning at all. Heck, if they warned us, they might get a few more sales before they take it off.

It's not necessarily Nintendo's decision to take them down. It's the publishers'.

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Rawk_Hawk

107. Posted:

SKTTR wrote:

They all f should officially announce these removals at least a week before they put those games down! I hate this stupid policy. They don't give us gamers even a chance!
I wrote 3 emails to Nintendo of Europe and 2 emails to HUDSON SOFT Japan because I want Shootanto: Evolutionary Mayhem. It's a 500 points WiiWare game I bought a 1000 Wii Points card for. It was advertised on Nintendo's website. It STILL is advertised on Nintendo's website. And I asked them why they've put that game down, and asked them to let me buy/download their game somehow. I want SHOOTANTO!! They apologize, but they won't sell it to me! :(
I could buy something else for the 1000pts but I bought the card for a specific, advertised game I really want to play but it was randomly removed all of a sudden and if they can do this then why support the service at all? Do I have to worry about Phoenix Wright 3? I have only downloaded PH1&2 yet. Do I have to frantically buy all those games I wanted before they took em all down?? I want SHOOTANTO! And official annoncements weeks before they take away games!!

I feel the same way. After so many games being removed as of late I'm not feeling confident about the future of the Wii U online store. Even if Nintendo has no control over a publisher removing a game they should still make sure their website is updated and give a heads up to the consumer. If there is a bug that causes games to randomly dissappear and show up a later then FIX IT. Nintendo needs to remember they are in buisness to sell games and have consumers find them as easy as possible.

Edited on by Rawk_Hawk

"Practice hospitality. bless and do not curse." Romans 12:13-14

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

108. Posted:

Heavy_Barrel wrote:

I hate the fact the Hudson has removed games as they are one of the best WW developers. Now I can't find Pit Crew Panic. At least AC Returns, Bomberman Blast and Star Soldier R are still availible.

I believe Pit Crew Panic is still available on the WiiWare service.

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage

DarkEdi

109. Posted:

Where can I be warned about the next wiiware removed games?

Wii U: edi_tena (please tell me you are from NintendoLife)
Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

AuthorMessage

Megatron2000

110. Posted:

Guys check out the shopping guide in the Wii Shop it now clearly states that games will be removed without any notification and that removed games will not be able to be recovered or re-downloaded D|

I'm a member at the following forums
http://www.nintendolife.com
http://www.wiiwarewave.forumotion.com
http://www.gamefaqs.com
Looking forward to the WiiWare RPG Star Guardian Bankai 64 |D

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

111. Posted:

I found a way to download some of the removed games.
Details can be found on my backloggery page: www.backloggery.com/skttr

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

longtimegamer

112. Posted:

SKTTR wrote:

I found a way to download some of the removed games.
Details can be found on my backloggery page: www.backloggery.com/skttr

Do you have to join to view this? (because I didn't see it there.)

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

113. Posted:

Not in the Wii Shop, But I can't find any of Gameloft's soccer or racing games in the eshop.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

114. Posted:

@longtimegamer: i think he was hesitant to post it here because technically Nintendo has taken those games down, but as you'd still be paying them Wii Points for the games involved, their laziness is your lucky day. hope you don't mind me posting the instructions here for the sake of convenience, SKTTR — who knows when Nintendo'll fix the loophole :3

SKTTR's BL wrote:

You can still download SOME of the removed games from the Wii Shop by using an exploit in the Nintendo Channel.

Eight games were removed:
1. The Last Ninja 3 (VC/C64)
2. R-Type (VC/SMS)
3. LONPOS (WW)
4. Diner Dash (WW)
5. Shootanto: Evolutionary Mayhem (WW)
6. Gods vs Humans (WW)
7. Racers' Islands - Crazy Racers (WW)
8. Racers' Islands - Crazy Arenas (WW)

Two of those games are not listed in the Nintendo Channel, and thus not accessible.

• The Last Ninja 3 (VC/C64)
  • Racers' Islands - Crazy Arenas (WW)

Two* games are accessible, but the DOWNLOAD-button is deactivated:

• R-Type (VC/SMS)
  • Diner Dash (WW)
  • possibly LONPOS (WW) as well, but I can not check it because I got it before it was removed.

That leaves three (or four*) removed games that are still linked from the Nintendo Channel, and still have their DOWNLOAD-button activated:

• Shootanto: Evolutionary Mayhem (WW)
  • Gods vs Humans (WW)
  • Racers' Islands - Crazy Racers (WW)

To download these games, start the Nintendo Channel,
> click "Find Titles for You",
> click "Search by Name",
> then put in a word from the games title,
> click on the games title,
> click "Wii Shop Channel",
> click "Yes".

You'll be linked over to the Wii Shop Channel page of the specific game (that you can not access by using the Wii Shop Channel alone).

Now you can download these games legally if you have the Wii Points.

Have fun and be quick before Nintendo locks this loophole!

This was tested on a PAL Wii. I cannot guarantee if this trick works with an American Wii. Hope you're lucky though, and get the awesome The Magic Obelisk and Jungle Speed among the other removed ones.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

longtimegamer

115. Posted:

@Blackdragon, @Skitter: Thanks. :)

I checked and found that shootano, Planet Pachinko, and Lonpos could be found in the Nintendo channel here.
I already own shootano and PPachinko (Wouldn't be missing anything, not getting this.)
Not sure if I'll get lonpos (though I'm thinking about it. Would be cool to get a game thats sposed to be gone.) You can get at least 2, I think, by putting in the publisher.

I didn't find anyway to bring up Tmagic Obelisk or junglespeed.
I wonder if either can be found on canadian shop channels, or some other so they can be gifted?

EDIT: Well I used the link for lonpos and it led me to the shop channel, but it said something like it wasn't available at the moment. It appeared to have the instruction "manual" though. oh well.

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

116. Posted:

There's a game I have in my head, it came out semi-early in the Wii's lifecycle, but I can't remember the name. It's a VC game, can't remember which system it was on (Genesis or Turbografix maybe) but it was like a top down, maybe 3/4 view, war type game where you control a commando dude where you can shoot in different directions and try to advance against the enemy. I think it had multiplayer as well. I searched through about every VC game and couldn't find it. The closest thing I found was Gain Ground and I'm pretty sure that wasn't it. So either I'm nuts or they removed it. Or maybe it's on there and I somehow overlooked it.

I apologize if this is very confusing. Maybe someone has a clue of what I'm talking about.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

117. Posted:

@ this thread:

I hate Nintendo sometimes. Good thing Microsoft and Sony don't do this nonsense... or do they?

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

brooks83

118. Posted:

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

There's a game I have in my head, it came out semi-early in the Wii's lifecycle, but I can't remember the name. It's a VC game, can't remember which system it was on (Genesis or Turbografix maybe) but it was like a top down, maybe 3/4 view, war type game where you control a commando dude where you can shoot in different directions and try to advance against the enemy. I think it had multiplayer as well. I searched through about every VC game and couldn't find it. The closest thing I found was Gain Ground and I'm pretty sure that wasn't it. So either I'm nuts or they removed it. Or maybe it's on there and I somehow overlooked it.

I apologize if this is very confusing. Maybe someone has a clue of what I'm talking about.

Sounds like Bloody Wolf for Turbografx.

brooks83

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

119. Posted:

@tendoboy: they do.

@shyguy: Crack Down or MERCS maybe?

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

120. Posted:

None of those sound like what I'm thinking of. Perhaps I'm crazy or Gain Ground really is what I was thinking of. And I heard that game's pretty bad.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!