Forums

Topic: The end all, be all, super-ultra Cave Story mega thread

Posts 161 to 180 of 254

TwilightV

Can we please remove unofficial from the thread title? It irks me posting in a thread with that in the title.

TwilightV

romulux

happy?

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Bassman_Q

@Kid_A- I know I'm late on this, but man, I just read your review on this game... The very best review of a game I have ever read. Ever. I now know what I must do: Download this game!

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

Adam

Has the bug been fixed yet? The one that crashes if you go to the secret area?

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Adam

You've gotten through the super secret area? Or have you just gotten the normal ending?

Come on, friends,

TwilightV

romulux wrote:

happy?

Yes that's better, thank you. :3

I'm at the Sanctuary, lost 10 health before save and I can't rest because the bed is destroyed. And I can't even make it to the first boss... D:)

TwilightV

Kingbuilder

Funny story.

Curly floated off of my back while fighting the fish boss, and I was freaking out. Thinking that I had just killed Curly, I restarted, then left her in the cabin. Then after reading a walkthrough I learned you're supposed to let her drift away. I had to restart the game, and play it over again.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

Adam

Not funny story at all: I just had to restart twice for similar errors that I didn't realize I'd made until almost to the end.

I like secret endings, but has there ever been one more ridiculously obscure than this? I can't imagine someone figuring this out without a guide, unless after playing the game a million times and just wanting to try every possibility.

Come on, friends,

romulux

nicalis confirmed again that the updated version is entirely done and that they're just waiting on that PEGI rating to release it. they say it'll definitely be here during summer; hurry it up, you crocodile wrestling kangaroo riders.

in the mean time, mario fighting toroko, holy crap!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBjJ1WzJLPQ&feature=player...

Adam

Nice find, Romulux! That's neat.

Come on, friends,

Kingbuilder

@Odnetnin

Toroko is a girl. xD

And you have to use a Life Pot against her? That's insane. The only bosses I have to use a Life Pot against are Living Core or Ballos. (Sometimes for the Core, but every time for Ballos.)

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

romulux

check the related vids and there's one of balrog too.

Kingbuilder

Cave Story is my 2nd most-played game on my Wii, now. Clocking in at over 200 hours according to the Nintendo channel. I've made a Cave Story theme for my Backloggery, and I heard some of the awesome unused music.

My favorite of the unused tracks.

Cave Story prequel with Arthur as the main character? Anyone?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.