WiiWare Forum

Topic: TellTale Free games Survey

Showing 61 to 80 of 109

AuthorMessage
Avatar

n0body

61. Posted:

TellTale are just working within the (rather draconian) restrictions of Wii's online social structure. This situation seems to imply there is a tight restriction on the number of friends you can have per console and also that they can't remove you from their list right after sending the gift... but rather have too wait for you to accept it for some reason...

I got an email from them yesterday telling me to add a different system number instead of the one in the survey - this was my first email from them since filling it out. I immediately did as they asked and within a few short hours had already received and downloaded both episodes.
I also sent them funny thank you notes written in pirate-speak ;)

n0body

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WiiAboutU

62. Posted:

n0body wrote:

TellTale are just working within the (rather draconian) restrictions of Wii's online social structure. This situation seems to imply there is a tight restriction on the number of friends you can have per console and also that they can't remove you from their list right after sending the gift... but rather have too wait for you to accept it for some reason...

I got an email from them yesterday telling me to add a different system number instead of the one in the survey - this was my first email from them since filling it out. I immediately did as they asked and within a few short hours had already received and downloaded both episodes.
I also sent them funny thank you notes written in pirate-speak ;)

When did you submit your survey @n0body? I hope I receive an email from TELLTALE, that contains something more than a "Thank You" for my patience.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage
Avatar

n0body

63. Posted:

@WiiAboutU
a while ago... probably during the first few days it was held

n0body

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WiiAboutU

64. Posted:

@n0body When was the first day it was held?

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage
Avatar

n0body

65. Posted:

I honestly don't remember LOL
probably did the survey about 3 weeks ago...

n0body

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WiiAboutU

66. Posted:

Thank you @n0body. Maybe someone else knows the exact date though? But from what your saying I should receive my episodes by the 16th then, if I submitted my survey on the 25th of June?

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

67. Posted:

Got another email today, they gifted my games. Went to the shop channel, and they were there! Downloading them now...

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WiiAboutU

68. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

Got another email today, they gifted my games. Went to the shop channel, and they were there! Downloading them now...

Aren't you lucky. Are you going to play them, or wait to download the first three episodes first? If I ever receive mine, I'll probably just check it out to see if I like it first. Before I pay for anymore of them.

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage
Avatar

n0body

69. Posted:

WiiAboutU wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Got another email today, they gifted my games. Went to the shop channel, and they were there! Downloading them now...

Aren't you lucky. Are you going to play them, or wait to download the first three episodes first? If I ever receive mine, I'll probably just check it out to see if I like it first. Before I pay for anymore of them.

A few things. First, regarding playing the episodes - if you have an iPad (perhaps this is true for iPhone as well) episode 1 is free there until July 22nd, so you can check it out while you wait. That way if you decide you like it you'll already be in the loop with regards to the story. Perhaps there is a similar deal on Android, I don't know.

Second, regarding when you'll receive the games - I wouldn't take that 3 week mark too literally. Like I said, I don't exactly remember when I filled out the survey, but more importantly, from what I understand there is basically one guy working on this promotion at TellTale. The poor man probably has to enter each individual friend code manually and wait for a confirmation which can take days on Nintendo's archaic network and is out of his hands... You know all the rest of the details, so best to bare with him ;)

Finally, even if you don't get the games for some reason (like the promotion period ending before he reaches your number on the list) you should still keep an eye out for deals on Steam and the AppStore and what-not. Even PSN has deals on these things, with the only exception being WiiWare... I remember there was a weekend deal late last year that had the entire 5 game series on Steam for a ridiculous $5! Of course that had to be during the one week where I was waiting for my new credit card to arrive :P

n0body

AuthorMessage
Avatar

n0body

70. Posted:

For what it's worth, TellTale do seem to be doing the most they can to get this promotion to as many people who filled out the survey as possible.
I can testify that 24 hours after being gifted the game I was sent an email asking me to please download them ASAP so they could continue moving down the list, so they are definitely making an effort to reward everybody.
It's genuinely nice to get this kind of personal treatment from a company ;)
Speaking of which - I got a reply on my Wii Message board thanking me for the funny pirate greetings I sent them :D

n0body

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Alpha2797

71. Posted:

I just did my survey but I think I'm too late.

3DS FRIEND CODE: 1848-1714-7175

3DS NNID: Alpha2797

ONLINE PS3 ID: Alpha2797

Steam ID: Alpha2797

Wii U NNID: AlphaKeaton

YouTube Account: Alpha2797

Add me if you wish to do so...

3DS Friend Code: 1848-1714-7175 | Nintendo Network ID: AlphaKeaton

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WiiAboutU

72. Posted:

Sad thing is these games were originally released way back when I was a child. When I actually used to play video games on my PC. I don't play that much on my PC anymore, actually I don't play on it at all. Even though my current PC has far better abilities than my PC as a child did. Go figure? (Return to Zork, Crime Patrol, Corridor 7, Spelling Jungle, The Incredible Machine, Leisure Suit Larry, Alone in the Dark, and more........) Sorry I was just reminiscing about my PC gaming days. That reminds me I've got to find and old CPU that still runs DOS. Some of the old titles won't run in DOSBOX. I've tried to and it just flickers for a second before DOSBOX closes itself.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage
Avatar

longtimegamer

73. Posted:

Alright. It's been a couple days. Anyone else get their games or have at least heard that they're getting them?

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOUP FOR YOU!" the Soup Nazi

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WiiAboutU

74. Posted:

@longtimegamer Nope heard nothing here yet.

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birdman

75. Posted:

Sent my survey in on Friday and have heard nothing so far. I don't mind waiting; I'm not seriously interested in the series.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Splat

76. Posted:

longtimegamer wrote:

Alright. It's been a couple days. Anyone else get their games or have at least heard that they're getting them?

Nope. I have pretty much moved on.

Edited on by Splat

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WiiAboutU

77. Posted:

Still haven't heard anything from TELLTALE. I'm probably just going to forget all about this situation soon, it's taking way more time than it's worth.

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aviator

78. Posted:

WiiAboutU wrote:

Still haven't heard anything from TELLTALE. I'm probably just going to forget all about this situation soon, it's taking way more time than it's worth.

Your getting a free game. Calm down and wait for a response.

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WiiAboutU

79. Posted:

I'm getting part of a game @Aviator, if I every actually receive it. I can really care less if I'm not going to get it. It just would have been nice to know when this expired.

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SKTTR

80. Posted:

WiiAboutU wrote:

I'm getting part of a game @Aviator, if I every actually receive it. I can really care less if I'm not going to get it. It just would have been nice to know when this expired.

Why won't you do the same as me, and spend 5000 pts on these awesome games?
In the other thread you want more more more and here you can't even afford a game!
You are a LOL.

scatterkid.weebly.com