Forums

Topic: Sonic 4 Complaints?

Posts 61 to 79 of 79

RowdyRodimus

This all reminds me of 1984, 1988 and the mid 90's and Spider-Man

In 84 they gave Spidey the black costume and the fans hated it, when they went back to the red and blue the fans wanted the black costume back.
In 88 (or around there) Todd McFarlane started drawing Spidey with big eyes on the mask and the fans complained, now if anyone uses the small eyes they complain that they aren't big enough.
In the mid 90's they brought in Ben Reilly (the clone of Peter Parker) to be Spidey and it drove people away from the comic in droves. Now you can';t go to a comic site without seeing people beggin for Ben Reilly to be brought back and that he was the coolest character ever.

Comics and videogames have one big thing in common, an unpleasable fanbase. (As for my opinion on the Sonic redesign, I couldn't care less since I never liked the Sonic games anyway. Yet I always liked Sega, weird, huh?)

I am the one you despise. I am he who says what you really deep down know but are affraid to admit. I am the Anti-Fanboy, the crusader of truth in a world built on your lies.

derk711

I love the 'sonic 4' part but hate the 'episode' part.... it makes me feel like there is going to be thirty minutes of game play....

derk711

Raylax

RowdyRodimus wrote:

This all reminds me of 1984, 1988 and the mid 90's and Spider-Man

In 84 they gave Spidey the black costume and the fans hated it, when they went back to the red and blue the fans wanted the black costume back.
In 88 (or around there) Todd McFarlane started drawing Spidey with big eyes on the mask and the fans complained, now if anyone uses the small eyes they complain that they aren't big enough.
In the mid 90's they brought in Ben Reilly (the clone of Peter Parker) to be Spidey and it drove people away from the comic in droves. Now you can';t go to a comic site without seeing people beggin for Ben Reilly to be brought back and that he was the coolest character ever.

Comics and videogames have one big thing in common, an unpleasable fanbase. (As for my opinion on the Sonic redesign, I couldn't care less since I never liked the Sonic games anyway. Yet I always liked Sega, weird, huh?)

This.
Except luckily, videogame developers have a relatively small part of their audience that whine, who even more luckily like to congregate in specific areas on the internet which makes them all the easier to ignore. It's like being told that you have to spend the afternoon trying to look after 5,000 screaming children, but then being told that the children in question have all decided to cram themselves into a single soundproof cupboard and you're in no way required to open the door. I'd be quite happy to spend my time not listening to them and instead focus on pleasing the rest of the audience who aren't ripping each others' limbs off because their favourite toy is broken.

Edited on by Raylax

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

ganondwarf16

my only complaint about sonic 4 is that the fanbase is complaining far too much on trivial things

ganondwarf has always been short

Raylax

ganondwarf16 wrote:

my only complaint about sonic 4 is that the fanbase is complaining far too much on trivial things

Raylax

cheetahman91

What ganondwarf, Raylax and Mickeymac said.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Raylax

Mickeymac wrote:

Raylax wrote:

ganondwarf16 wrote:

This.

Also, Raylax, if you want people to visit your website, don't say it sucks.

I'll stop saying it sucks when it stops sucking

Raylax

Winslow

I don't think having genesis-quality music was necessary.

3DS Friend Code:
5198-2526-6139

HolyMackerel

derk711 wrote:

I love the 'sonic 4' part but hate the 'episode' part.... it makes me feel like there is going to be thirty minutes of game play....

Great reasoning, considering I've had several hours gameplay so far, am just starting the final zone and haven't gotten any chaos emeralds yet.

Also most episodic games I've played so far have lasted at least 2 or 3 hours per episode - and those are point-n-click adventure games, no less.

HolyMackerel

MrB4

If I had to pick out anything bad from Sonic 4, I would have to say the time limits for chaos emerald levels. Sure they added a bit of challenge to the game, but it felt like an unnecessary addition.

Like me or Hate me, I will never change, so just deal with it.

Popyman

The only thing I didn't like about it was the music. WHY IS IT SO BAD?? T_T

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

SMEXIZELDAMAN

It sucks

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

supers0nic91

Sonic 4 is a true bring back in my opinion. The only problem I had was that it was too short. I wish there was more which I could play.

"Sawnik Thee Edgehag" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyImDOxbS7o#movie_player

Popyman

Mickeymac wrote:

This is the most mixed reaction I've seen about a game since Final Fantasy 8.

The Sonic fanbase in general is like this for EVERY game. It comes down to everyone wanting different things: Some want just speed, just platforming, a combo of the first two, or the last group who only like Sonic Adventure 2 and any game without Chao in it is a major failure. >_<

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

CanisWolfred

Popyman wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

The Sonic fanbase in general is like this for EVERY game. It comes down to everyone wanting different things: Some want just speed, just platforming, a combo of the first two, or the last group who only like Sonic Adventure 2 and any game without Chao in it is a major failure. >_<

Sheesh!

Personally, I just try to like all the games I play, especially Sonic games. For me, I'll save the complaints until after I get my money's worth outta the game. I mean, I don't always stick to that, but if I'm smart, and only play the game when I'm receptive to it, I'll enjoy it.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

HolyMackerel

I found a really interesting article about the Sonic fanbase yesterday. Sonic and the Worst Fanbase Ever. It's mostly true, too.

Basically, the Sonic fandom is unsatisfyable due to a number of reasons. I think Sega is smart for primarily targeting kids. Sonic 4: Episode 1 overall is a great attempt to appease older fans though. I especially like the final two zones.

HolyMackerel

grumblebuzzz

Mickeymac wrote:

Sonic 4 is pretty close, but I'd have to say the most polarized reaction to a game that I've encountered is that of Metroid: Other M, but that's neither here nor there...

Sonic 4 was fun. It had it's flaws but i'st definitely not the clunker some people made it out to be. I had a blast with it.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.