Forums

Topic: Retro City Rampage 750 and 850 units away from threshold

Posts 1 to 10 of 10

C-Olimar

According to a Facebook post by Brian, the game is currently 750 units away from the sales threshold in the US, and 850 units away in Europe. Once a game has been out for two years, if it hasn't met the threshold, the dev can receive no revenue at all from the game.

Basically, it's time to buy RCR! Even if you have another version, you should try to get the Wii version. Remember, you can get it on Wii U! It would be a shame if Brian never got any reward for keeping his word to Nintendo fans...

C-Olimar

HeroOfCybertron

I have the PS3/Vita version, but I've been meaning to get the 3DS version but never gotten around to it

Bah weep granah weep nini bong

kkslider5552000

C-Olimar wrote:

According to a Facebook post by Brian, the game is currently 750 units away from the sales threshold in the US, and 850 units away in Europe. Once a game has been out for two years, if it hasn't met the threshold, the dev can receive no revenue at all from the game.

Basically, it's time to buy RCR! Even if you have another version, you should try to get the Wii version. Remember, you can get it on Wii U! It would be a shame if Brian never got any reward for keeping his word to Nintendo fans...

Didn't this version come out right at the end of the Wii's lifetime? Like within a month or something?

So hopefully he still has some time at least. I might get it if it's for that sake, especially if others do so.

This is a reminder of how quickly digital gaming upended everything when this was a good idea in 2008 btw.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Taceus

I got me some RCR on 3DS (fantastic game), might get it on WiiWare to support the dev, but that would still leave 849 more units.

'I used to be with 'it', then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm with isn't 'it', and what's 'it' is weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you too.' - Abe Simpson

Switch Friend Code: SW-8282-1096-1431 | 3DS Friend Code: 3909-7678-9918 | My Nintendo: Taceus | Nintendo Network ID: Taceus

DarkEdi

I bought it at launch day in wiiware.

How can I see the wiiware sales?

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

Sean_Aaron

It's a real shame. As much as he did it for the fans he probably would have been better off financially to stop work and get it released on the Wii U instead. I hope he'll still consider that option. I also bought it on WiiWare on my Wii U within the first week, but I'd play it more if I didn't have to launch Wii Mode to do so!

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

8BitSamurai

I really hope the game can make it there. Really good game that obviously had a lot of time and effort put into it.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

BenAV

Couldn't help even if I wanted to, considering it was never released here.
Did very much enjoy the 3DS version though so good luck to them.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

C-Olimar

DarkEdi wrote:

I bought it at launch day in wiiware.

How can I see the wiiware sales?

You can't, unfortunately. We have only the developer's word.

C-Olimar

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.