Forums

Topic: Pearl Harbor: Red Sun Rising Impressions

Posts 241 to 260 of 273

eripmav

Sean, I wanted to thank you from both myself and Legendo for your review:)

eripmav

Aviator

Gah, thanks eripmav, your post in this thread reminded me I need to stop my PC/Mac gaming and get back on the Wii.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

eripmav

You've no need to thank me, I'm currently up to my eyeballs in gaming goodness. I've not had anything to review for quite some time and grabbed myself a few bargains to plough through until Fable 3 and the new Halo hit:)

eripmav

Sean_Aaron

eripmav wrote:

Sean, I wanted to thank you from both myself and Legendo for your review:)

You're all welcome! I hope it does the business - really fun little game which is nice for some quick dogfighting action without a lot of flimflam.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Popyman

Wahoo! I won the contest!! =D

Which...is kinda weird seeing as how I got Sky Crawlers yesterday =P I'm in flight simulation heaven!

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

DF2506

Popyman, I won the contest too. I have not gotten my copy yet though. Did you ever get yours?

I saw a video recently of this and it looked good. I hope I do get my copy...

DF2506

DF2506

BulbasaurusRex

I can't beat the 4th mission of the American campaign. I keep getting ambushed and eventually shot down before I can take out very many of the 3rd wave of fighters. Anyone have any tips or suggestions?

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

CoffeeWithGames

Bulbasaurus Rex wrote:

I can't beat the 4th mission of the American campaign. I keep getting ambushed and eventually shot down before I can take out very many of the 3rd wave of fighters. Anyone have any tips or suggestions?

I think I know which one you're on, I could try and record some footage from it and see if I can complete it again; don't know if that would help? I have been debating on recording a few of the single-player missions for videos, just to show off some more footage from the game, let me know and I'll see if I can get it done this weekend maybe.

My site, CoffeeWithGames.com!

Nintendo Network ID: Coffees | Twitter:

BulbasaurusRex

That might be helpful. Go ahead and do it.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

Imerion

Bulbasaurus Rex wrote:

You're probably already doing this, but one thing that helps when lots of planes are chasing you is to zig-zag left and right and make many very quick turns. They pretty much can't hit you when you do that and if you have got critical damage you can do this a few times to make the critical go away. I belive it works like in most modern fps-games in that you won't lose unless you take to much damage at the same time. So if you avoid fire for a while a bit of your health will reappear and you can continue to fight a bit longer. It feels like it works this way, but I am not at all sure it really does work or if I'm just lucky.

My Nintendo game log! : The Switchlog My games: Neotron & E2 Games My 3DS game archive: 3DS Download Play Archive

bro2dragons

@Eripmav: is Legendo still up for suggestions regarding the series?

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

Popyman

DF2506 wrote:

Popyman, I won the contest too. I have not gotten my copy yet though. Did you ever get yours?

I saw a video recently of this and it looked good. I hope I do get my copy...

DF2506

I haven't...I'm not sure what's up..

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

BulbasaurusRex

Imerion wrote:

Bulbasaurus+Rex wrote:

You're probably already doing this, but one thing that helps when lots of planes are chasing you is to zig-zag left and right and make many very quick turns. They pretty much can't hit you when you do that and if you have got critical damage you can do this a few times to make the critical go away. I belive it works like in most modern fps-games in that you won't lose unless you take to much damage at the same time. So if you avoid fire for a while a bit of your health will reappear and you can continue to fight a bit longer. It feels like it works this way, but I am not at all sure it really does work or if I'm just lucky.

I thought that too, but I've confirmed it doesn't work that way. I can survive long enough to get the critical message to stop, but I know there's been at least one time that I've been shot down with just a few more hits after that. Without that option, there's the obvious problem of not being able to hit any of them while taking evasive manuvuers.

CoffeeWithGames

Bulbasaurus Rex wrote:

I thought that too, but I've confirmed it doesn't work that way. I can survive long enough to get the critical message to stop, but I know there's been at least one time that I've been shot down with just a few more hits after that. Without that option, there's the obvious problem of not being able to hit any of them while taking evasive manuvuers.

Did you check out the video and "strategy" I wrote about what I do in certain situations to turn the tables in dogfights?http://www.coffeewithgames.com/2010/09/pearl-harbor-trilogy-1941-red-sun.html

I think it will help you get the upper hand sometimes, not positive, but it works for me a good bit.

My site, CoffeeWithGames.com!

Nintendo Network ID: Coffees | Twitter:

DF2506

I got my free copy of the game yesterday. The gameplay is a lot of fun. I like that the motion controls with the Wii-mote work so well. Flying is very easy imo. Now, actually hitting the enemy is a little bit harder. lol. Still, its a cool game.

Edited on by DF2506

DF2506

Popyman

I got mine too! =D

Fun game so far, a great complement to Sky Crawlers.

BulbasaurusRex

CoffeewithGames wrote:

Did you check out the video and "strategy" I wrote about what I do in certain situations to turn the tables in dogfights?http://www.coffeewithgames.com/2010/09/pearl-harbor-trilogy-1941-red-sun.html

I think it will help you get the upper hand sometimes, not positive, but it works for me a good bit.

I was finally able to beat that level using your strategy. It never got me into any good shooting positions, but it worked well enough as an evasive manuver for me to survive long enough to take them all out...plus I got lucky with a few of my missiles.

BulbasaurusRex

I had a interesting experience when playing the American side of the Battle of Midway. I was flying in the bomber and was shot down right after releasing a bomb that then finished off the last ship. The conclusion screen basically said we won the battle, but I died in the line of duty. I believe the next mission was not unlocked, as it gave me the "Retry" option instead of the "Next Mission" option. Anybody else ever have something like this happen?

By the way, what's the best strategy for defending the military installations when flying the fighter in the American Battle of Midway? I can't even get close to beating that part.

By the way, my dad says that air-to-air missiles didn't exist in WWII.

Edited on by BulbasaurusRex

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.