Forums

Topic: Pearl Harbor: Red Sun Rising Impressions

Posts 201 to 220 of 273

BulbasaurusRex

eripmav wrote:

Too lazy to include GCN controller support? Fact of the matter is Bulb, it's a minority who actually use them and also it would've added to the development time. It's not simply a case of ticking a box to allow the support.

What minority? Any Wii owner who also wants to play GameCube games (with which the Wii is backwards compatable) uses GameCube controllers. So just extend the development time a little on the sequels. GC controller support should always be included whenever Classic Controller support is included.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

Hardy83

Bulbasaurus Rex wrote:

What minority? Any Wii owner who also wants to play GameCube games (with which the Wii is backwards compatable) uses GameCube controllers. So just extend the development time a little on the sequels. GC controller support should always be included whenever Classic Controller support is included.

Unless you can back me up with numbers, word for word I'll believe someone in the industry more than a random forum person using his opinion as a basis of fact.

Hardy83

BulbasaurusRex

There's no easily obtainable data on the subject online, so again I ask, what minority, eripmav? Exactly what percentage of Wii owners that download WiiWare games also play GameCube games according to your data?

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

Aviator

Just drop it Bulba.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Oregano

Considering the total userbase of the Gamecube is around a third of the Wii userbase and then there's even less people who still have the Gamecube stuff and then there's an even smaller amount than that who owns the GCN pad and not a Classic Controller and then an even smaller number who will chose to use the GCN pad over the other control schemes, I think it's safe to say that it is in fact a minority.

I'm all for more options but I don't think it's fair to call them lazy for not implementing it considering they obviously put a lot of work into the game.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

eripmav

I'll name it a "minority" on the basis of the sales. Fact of the matter is, the huge percentage of Wii owners own the console due to its "casual" gaming appeal. Therefore, they won't have owned previous Nintendo home console incarnations. Pensioners for example, I highly doubt that all of the guys 'n' gals currently enjoying their Wii previously owned a GCN.

Fact is, it will have added development time to the game and therefore more cost. That cost would've had to have been justified and to be fair, the amount of people who'd prefer the GCN controller over the Classic/Mote/Mote+Chuck simply wouldn't have done so.

eripmav

eripmav

Sorry chaps, hadn't seen the questions on the previous page.

Regarding Ep2, as always all depends on money. If Pearl sells very well and therefore injects cash back into the system, then development will start as soon as it's viable to do so. As such, I'm sorry but I don't have a clue as to when it'll be.

Sneaker, I'd like a Battle of Britain style game myself. Iconic Spitfires an' all that but again, all comes down to ££$$. Unless of course, there's a philanthropist lurking on these forums....

eripmav

BulbasaurusRex

The Wii is backwards compatable! I would think a good majority of the Wii userbase who are hardcore enough to download WiiWare games are also going to use their Wii for GameCube games, even if they never had a GameCube before. Also, a lot of people (probably the majority) who own both GameCube Controllers and Classic Controllers prefer the GameCube Controller for N64 games onwards, and some more would probably prefer it for this specific game series if given the option (especially after being used to it for the GameCube Rogue Squadron games).

Overall, clearly a minority of the people who buy these games would use it as their primary control scheme, but it's a relavant minority that I wouldn't be surprised would actually be larger than the Classic Controller users of this game if the GC Controller option were there. I just want eripmav to take my recommendation seriously for the sequels.

Aviator

He considered it for this game, and as he has stated previously, its a minority, and why waste production time and production costs to provide for a minority. I have both GC and CC and I can see it being to clunky for a GC pad.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Philip_J_Reed

You've made your point, Bulb. And since your own point is riddled with probablys, maybes, and I-have-to-assumes, I'm not sure why you're getting upset at eripmav for not providing pie charts and statistics.

I suggest we move on from this topic...consider that a formal warning. You've raised your point (several times) and the developer himself has responded to you. It may not be the answer you wanted to hear, but no amount of forum bickering is going to change that.

Thanks in advance.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

CoffeeWithGames

:
I definitely understand more control options, but can see why they didn't do it.
Have you tried the Classic Controller Pro by any chance? That controller seems like a better option than just the Classic Controller, as for comfort.

I find it amazing this is one of the few WiiWare games that actually has somebody from the company the game is from, talking to the players on a regular basis.

My site, CoffeeWithGames.com!

Nintendo Network ID: Coffees | Twitter:

eripmav

I feel like a celeb. Will I be recognised when I'm in the US later this year?

eripmav

the_shpydar

Heh, i know every time the icon you're using for your avatar pops up in the game, i think "Hey, 'sup eripmav!" =)

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

eripmav

Hah, then I've done my job!

eripmav

Splat

I'm thinking about getting it but the length of Wii Ware games has made be kinda shy away from some games.

How is this one when it comes to that?

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

Sean_Aaron

I've only played the first mission using the remote on its own, but I'm definitely impressed. I probably had more of a feeling of being in a real air war situation than any other air combat game I've played due to the sheer number of planes in action at any given time and constantly being under attack. At the same time I never felt overwhelmed and was able to take down some enemy planes without feeling like I was fighting the controls, so there's a good balance between accessibility and challenge.

I'll definitley want to play it some more before blogging about it, but so far I'd say "job well done fellahs!"

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Oregano

Splat wrote:

I'm thinking about getting it but the length of Wii Ware games has made be kinda shy away from some games.

Just the two campaigns come to around 4 or 5 hours or something and then there's the dogfight mode where you can just play a few general matches.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

CoffeeWithGames

Splat wrote:

The length I would say for completing the two campaigns will probably be between 2-3 hours(I will edit this if my play-time on the campaigns change).
Once you get the hang of it, you should be blasting aircraft from the skies in no time.
I haven't completed the Japanese campaign, but I just started it a few days ago and only briefly played it.
If the Japanese campaign is like the American, the first few levels will be the hardest, with the latter levels being a little easier.

I should be putting up another video either tonight/tomorrow of the Survival or Avenging Ace mode, to show off some more flying and aerial combat from the game.

My site, CoffeeWithGames.com!

Nintendo Network ID: Coffees | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.