Forums

Topic: Pearl Harbor: Red Sun Rising Impressions

Posts 161 to 180 of 273

BulbasaurusRex

Nintendo-64 wrote:

I downloaded it today and i must say that it is a lot of fun. But it is MUCH to easy. I finished the US campaign in just 1 hour and 3 minutes and i got shoot down just in the first and the second mission and then even just 4 or 5 times in total. So please make the next part much more difficult and include a cockpit view. That would be awesome.

Strange, the IGN review marked it down for being too hard.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

eripmav

Ot's funny, we've had a real mixed bag concerning the difficulty. The IGN review states that it's a difficult game!

eripmav

Aviator

Still, you got a 7 from IGN. IGN!!

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Nintendo-64

I finished the japanese campaign and the game is great just to short and to easy. I cant imagine how someone can say that it is a hard game!?! I really hope that the game sells enough to get the second part of the trilogy.

Nintendo-64

Sneaker13

I did find the campaings pretty easy. But the dog fights are really difficult.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

Oregano

I think it's quite hard.. in fact I'm stuck relatively early in.... the mission where you have to fight off 3 waves... is it Wake island? I get to the third wave and they get me in a crossfire and if I don't concentrate solely on dodging I die...

I'm a n00b though.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Nintendo-64

Hm. On the one side a lot of people say it is to hard and on the other side it is to easy. That is really a big difference.

Nintendo-64

eripmav

There's a new trailer for all of you who haven't taken the plunge and want to know about control schemes etc and how they're applied:)

eripmav

CoffeeWithGames

Oregano wrote:

I think it's quite hard.. in fact I'm stuck relatively early in.... the mission where you have to fight off 3 waves... is it Wake island? I get to the third wave and they get me in a crossfire and if I don't concentrate solely on dodging I die...

I'm a n00b though.

Nintendo-64 wrote:

Hm. On the one side a lot of people say it is to hard and on the other side it is to easy. That is really a big difference.

I'm on the fence right now, as I'm with Oregano in that the levels with three waves of enemy fighters are difficult. I haven't finished the campaign yet, but I haven't played it a lot; blogging and editing the video over the weekend took a good bit of my time.

@Nintendo-64:
By any chance, have you played other arcade flying games in the past, on a more regular basis? The last one I played was Rogue Squadron II on the GameCube, and it has been a few years since I sat down with that one.

eripmav wrote:

There's a new trailer for all of you who haven't taken the plunge and want to know about control schemes etc and how they're applied:)

Excellent new trailer for the game! Was that already in the works? Or did another video help inspire that one?!

Edited on by CoffeeWithGames

My site, CoffeeWithGames.com!

Nintendo Network ID: Coffees | Twitter:

turtlelink

Aviator wrote:

Still, you got a 7 from IGN. IGN!!

A 7 from ign is 2.5 points less than everyone place else. lol

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

eripmav

That's maybe turtlelink but anything that's less than diamond encrusted platinum, mined from the ears of the Giant Dwarves of planet Poink, doesn't generally garner a really high score. I'm quite chuffed that they threw us a 7!

eripmav

eripmav

@Coffee sorry I didn't see your question hiding there!

The video was put together in order to help clarify some controller questions that would-be purchasers have, so hopefully they'll see a control scheme that they like the look of and take the plunge. No idea about Ep2 yet, as always it'll be determined by sales.

eripmav

Oregano

Showing the controls is a good idea as the game has unorthodox controls, I was really surprised when I saw them, they work well though but I think the camera snaps too much with the CC Pro control scheme.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

pianoman

Sneaker13 wrote:

Alright, finished both campaigns with all levels so time for a quick review.

The good:

• The graphics are impressive for a WiiWare game. Runs very smooth which makes it very enjoyable.
  • The music is great and so are the soundeffects.
  • I love the comic.
  • Controls are great.
  • It's really fun.

The bad:

• It's really, really short.
  • The graphics don't look great. This makes the free flying option pretty boring for the lack of eye candy and purpose. So loose the Free Flight and replace it with a good, simple training level at the start of the first campaign.
  • The cartoon isn't used enough.
  • The rocket is not very precise.
  • Because the lack of regaining health. Dog fight is almost impossible in the later levels and because of that frustrating and not fun.
  • Funny that you can let the wheels out. Too bad nothing is done with this.
  • How in the world can a plane selfdestruct when leaving an area during dog fight. That was utter BS in my opinion.

Things I want:

• A health meter for my plane.
  • A way to regain health. When the screens says I'm damaged, you are as good as dead.
  • I want more levels. It's nice that you can choose from multiple planes in some levels, but just make it an obligation. Then add some more.
  • More comics. I want it after every level. It's a great way to tell the story.
  • Make the rocket a homing rocket. Or at least something that's a bit more precise. Maybe some sort of lock on system. Keep de enemie in the crosshair for three seconds and then it would be locked on. Something like that.
  • I would love a rocket cam too.
  • Multiplayer is greatly missed. 1 vs 1 multiplayer or 2 player co-op. Would be awesome additions. I wouldn't even mind with less levels as long as it has multiplayer.
  • I want to do a looping. That would be a great way to sneak up behind enemies shooting at you.

I donĀ“t want to leave the "FREE FLIGHT" mode. I actually like it very much, because it is the only chance to fly with my 2 years old son. It is a good choice for kids without the dogfight stress and difficulty. So, please include the FREE FLIGHT option in the next installment too!!!

pianoman

Nintendo-64

@eripmav Can you tell us the sales numbers from time to time? Because im really interested in it because i want a second part.

Edited on by Nintendo-64

Nintendo-64

Imerion

I really like this game! Great fun and looks good. And the difficulty level seems to be pretty much right for me. I usually have to try a few times, but I'll make it after that. As it should be.

Also, I really agree on these two points of improvement for Episode 2. Especially the co-op part :

Sneaker13 wrote:

• Multiplayer is greatly missed. 1 vs 1 multiplayer or 2 player co-op. Would be awesome additions. I wouldn't even mind with less levels as long as it has multiplayer.
  • I want to do a looping. That would be a great way to sneak up behind enemies shooting at you.

My Nintendo game log! : The Switchlog My games: Neotron & E2 Games My 3DS game archive: 3DS Download Play Archive

CoffeeWithGames

I see a lot of people mentioning online play.
Perhaps if multi-player isn't added to the first sequel, something like online leaderboards/stat tracking could be?
Each level could be timed, number of planes shot down, shots fired, bombs/missiles/torpedos fired?

The timer wouldn't even have to be visible on the screen, maybe an option to toggle it on/off for those that wouldn't care.

Anyway, I'm about to go play some of it now!

*EDIT! I just finished the American campaign about 10 minutes ago. On the the Japanese now.

Edited on by CoffeeWithGames

My site, CoffeeWithGames.com!

Nintendo Network ID: Coffees | Twitter:

NSBlueLighing

I got wii points today specifically for this game (also bought Ocarnia of Time) and played it for probably 4hrs in total and found it a bit hard at first and i maybe die once each mission ( if u notice when you can select your plane there are different missions ) im on the second last mission of the american side and iam finding that iam getting better but i do notice it is getting harder.

My request that i would like in the other games is online! Either make it 2player co-op where you do missions together or make it maybe a 3v3 or hopefully a 4v4. But i do think online would be a major improvement.
Also maybe giving Each plane their own stats like Health, Power, Speed, Speed of Overheating stuff like that. Also maybe to make your own plane!

I think im forgetting its only WiiWare

Monster Hunter Tri name BluLghtn
Weapon: Anything
HR:94(for now)

eripmav

One thing, this is from a personal pov. I've not really seen 'that' many WiiWare games that are online MP. Developers I've worked for in the past have always said that the online infrastructure of the Wii, although sound, is a pain to develop for.

At this moment in time, I don't know what Legendo have up their sleeves should Ep1 sell in significant enough numbers. Only time will tell I s'pose:)

eripmav

retired_account

If there are so few online games, then don't you think filling that void would work to your advantage?

Games with online MP that immediately come to mind are Water Warfare, Onslaught, Overturn, and Dr. Mario Online RX. I own the first three and, if it's worth anything, they all work extremely well. :3

btw eripmav, I was on the shop channel last night and this was on the #3 spot. :3

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.